• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ian White Injury update

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks consider replacements for Ian White - Cross Checks Blog - ESPN

Wouldn't rule out Braun playing tomorrow night, but with Suckskins on board, it may be unlikely.

If it's Braun, the Sharks coach has no qualms about using a rookie.

"This is a young player that we're very excited about in our organization," McLellan said. "We feel that he has -- and I don't want to pressure on him -- but that Logan Couture-type of upswing in his development. He's not a 17- or an 18-year-old. He's an older player that has matured and has had a chance to play a number of games with us this year. So we feel good about him being there. He had a real good year in the American League. He'll be ready if we call on him."

Bruan had 11 points (2-9) in 28 games with the Sharks this season and posted 23 points (5-18) in 34 games with AHL Worcester. He's got big-time offensive upside.

"For a lot of people who haven't seen him play, I think he's done an amazing job," veteran blueliner Dan Boyle said Friday. "He's a right shot, a big shot, a big body and he played really well for us. He's a guy on the outside right now because he's young, but I'm not nervous if he comes in."

Braun, 24, practiced again Friday and said the possibility of playing his first playoff game is exciting.

"I've been watching playoff hockey for years," Braun told ESPN.com, grinning ear to ear. "Last night was the first live playoff game that I've seen. I just try to get ready for every game so that doesn't change for tomorrow."

What did he learn from watching Thursday night?

"Just where they're going with their forecheck, I got a pretty good idea of what I need to do [to] break out," Braun said.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought as soon as White skated of the ice, he injured his neck or back. No matter what happend I hope he is ok, and doesn't rush back too fast. The Sharks will beat LA anyways, and we need to have White once we get into the 2nd round

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a bunch of absolute bullshit... If you have no qualms about using a rookie, why the fuck haven't you been using him?

And no, you won't use him much because you are afraid of God-knows-what. Mind you, you dress useless garbage like Wallin and Huskins and it's OK for them to blow coverage shift after shift but God forbid you play a promising young rookie!

"This is a young player that we're very excited about in our organization," McLellan said. "We feel that he has -- and I don't want to pressure on him -- but that Logan Couture-type of upswing in his development. He's not a 17- or an 18-year-old. He's an older player that has matured and has had a chance to play a number of games with us this year. So we feel good about him being there. He had a real good year in the American League. He'll be ready if we call on him. But we won't; because we are fucking idiots."

There.. fixed that one too for you!

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Rares... :clap2:

Sharks consider replacements for Ian White - Cross Checks Blog - ESPN

"This is a young player that we're very excited about in our organization," McLellan said. "We feel that he has -- and I don't want to pressure on him -- but that Logan Couture-type of upswing in his development. He's not a 17- or an 18-year-old. He's an older player that has matured and has had a chance to play a number of games with us this year. So we feel good about him being there. He had a real good year in the American League. He'll be ready if we call on him. But its not likely that I will. As you know, we invested a lot of money in that fan-favorite pair of Huskins and Wallin and I really feel the need to cover my ass using those two. At the end of the day, I dont want to rub management the wrong way and take a risk of putting a $2mill player in the press box."

Braun had 11 points (2-9) in 28 games with the Sharks this season and posted 23 points (5-18) in 34 games with AHL Worcester. He's got big-time offensive upside.

"For a lot of people who haven't seen him play, I think he's done an amazing job," veteran blueliner Dan Boyle said Friday. "He's a right shot, a big shot, a big body and he played really well for us. He's a guy on the outside right now because he's young, but I'm not nervous if he comes in. To be honest with you, I have no idea why we are not playing him more. Although with Ian out, that means I might have to be covering for Wallin or Huskins all god damn night... so you know how I feel about all this."

Braun, 24, practiced again Friday and said the possibility of playing his first playoff game is exciting.

"I've been watching playoff hockey for years," Braun told ESPN.com, grinning ear to ear. "Last night was the first live playoff game that I've seen. I just try to get ready for every game so that doesn't change for tomorrow."

What did he learn from watching Thursday night?

"Just where they're going with their forecheck, I got a pretty good idea of what I need to do [to] break out," Braun said. "Oh, and Wallin really sucks.. I don't understand why I can't get into the lineup more...

lol... let the fun begin...

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose its the difference between getting shot in the johnson or shot in both knees.. neither one is particularly appealing - and its better to avoid getting shot at in the first place then having to choose between the 'lesser of two d-men'..