• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

i wonder if kendrick will be traded?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the gonzalez signing, someone has to go. if it's not lee, then you'd have to think kendrick will get clipped. he's arb next year and will probably make around 8-10 million? as is, we're talking about..

1 > hamels
2 > lee
3 > gonzalez
4 > kendrick
5 > pettibone

it's a very nice rotation. the problem is, you have a talented pitcher in ethan martin who is ready. adam morgan is right behind martin. jesse biddle is right behind morgan. at the very least, we know biddle is taking someone's spot in the near future. there is also roy halladay.. who, well, you never know.

i'm starting to think that maybe they signed gonzalez for the sole purpose of replacing kendrick. even though i've always been a kendrick fan, that would be a great move on top of another great move. his value is probably at it's highest right now. if you can get some prospects for him, why not? gonzalez will come across cheaper, is younger and has a chance to do even better.

it really wouldn't make much sense to pay kendrick upwards of 10 million for another year of 3.50 to 4.00 era ball and lose out on a trade return when martin or morgan would most likely produce similar results for just a half mil.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spending that T.V deal money before they have it in the bank!!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if they have that in mind specifically, but I guess if they get a good offer for Kendrick maybe the added depth would make them more likely to pull the trigger. Also, having Gonzalez might make them more likely to do a deal involving Lee if someone offers enough.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a Kendrick fan but I will give him some credit - he has pitched some good games

However, his inconsistency drives me up the wall. I hope he is traded. I'm sick of seeing his name in the rotation.

I also hope they don't trade Lee.

But at this point this team is in shambles so if the Phillies can get some good prospects from any of these players bring them on.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine with kendrick leaving. his stock will never be higher, and this is the best pitching you are going to see from him. kendrick, paps, utley, ruiz, and m young should all be shopped

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TheSnowDog this post is for you. I see that you are new here on the Phillies pages. Welcome. I am one of the modulators (Mods) here and I have some info for you that will assist and enhance your experience here on the SportsHoopla. Please read the following and let me know that you have.

Once you get past the 25 post mark in posts, additional benefits are available to you and they will be found in the same "UserCP" menu bar at the top of this page on the left.

Here are a few rules that are non-negotiable and they are as follows.

We don't take kindly to trollin (which I am sure you are not) and we don't like a-holes either (of which I am sure you are not). Nudity in avitars is unacceptable. You can put scantly clad ladies in your avi's but no nudes.

Any unnecessary and unwarranted baiting of other posters through viscous personal attacks that become a pattern of behavior that is not conducive to fair sports talk banter WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. We have a few cantankerous folks here but by and large they engage in passionate delivery of their points of view and do not engage in personal attacks that are viscous.

You can argue all you want and you can can get aggressive with your point of view including swearing, but when that aggression turns toward personal attacks that are excessive and outside of the topic at hand and become a consistent pattern of behavior, you will first receive a warning and your posts maybe edited. After the first warning, if the behavior continues you will be removed from this site. We're are all adults here. I am not in the business of baby sitting anyone.

Also, this rule is SportsHoopla-wide, Alternative names and accounts or ALt's are not tolerated either. First offense, banishment. Hammer Down doesn't tolerate this AT ALL and neither do I.

Again, Welcome to the Phillies pages and the best damn sports talk site on the internet!!!

Last edited by a moderator: