• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I will ask a question of all of you

kagey7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of you think a 24-year old with probably 10+ years left on his career and a huge resume of irresponsibility will make it thru without serving a one-year penalty at some time. I love the way the guy plays football but I have very little confidence he will not find time to party on down with his friends and get caught again. Also - the way I read the substance abuse part of the NFL one day when I was bored - and someone please clarify if wrong - that Von will now be tested up to 10 x per month for drugs AND ALCOHOL! Seems like an uphill battle and a very, very restrictive one.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von is an idiot. Poor decision making skills will result in a severely dimished career.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with you kagey. All we can hope is now that all this crap has happened maybe he'll be one of the ones who quickly wise up and make a concious effort to never let this stuff happen again. I know all this traffic stuff recently is relatively minor, but the last thing he needs right now is negative attention, but that's all he's getting. He needs to get it together cause he's way too good a talent to piss it all away.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously no one knows the answer to that question, but it's reasonable to wonder. Hopefully he realizes what a great opportunity to earn a lot more money than he presumably could in his next best alternative he has jeopardized. That realization is enough for some guys to toe the line, but for others it's not. I'm sure that all Broncos fans hope he stays out of trouble in the future, since he seems to have the potential to become an all-time great. It would be a tremendous blow to the team if he becomes one of those guys who can't stay out of trouble.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of you think a 24-year old with probably 10+ years left on his career and a huge resume of irresponsibility will make it thru without serving a one-year penalty at some time. I love the way the guy plays football but I have very little confidence he will not find time to party on down with his friends and get caught again. Also - the way I read the substance abuse part of the NFL one day when I was bored - and someone please clarify if wrong - that Von will now be tested up to 10 x per month for drugs AND ALCOHOL! Seems like an uphill battle and a very, very restrictive one.

A huge resume of irresponsibility? Really?

He failed a piss test. Huge mistake. That's 1.

He dropped a sample, and the 2nd sample was too diluted. The league program views that as non compliance, and I can see why, they think he is hiding something, but you can't really prove anything. Mistake 2, but not as bad.

He missed a court date on New Years eve, mistake 3. Not that big of a deal.

He got a frigging ticket last Thursday, Whoopdi-fukking-doo.

Not really a resume, more like a side note.

Stop overreacting people.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A huge resume of irresponsibility? Really?

He failed a piss test. Huge mistake. That's 1.

He dropped a sample, and the 2nd sample was too diluted. The league program views that as non compliance, and I can see why, they think he is hiding something, but you can't really prove anything. Mistake 2, but not as bad.

He missed a court date on New Years eve, mistake 3. Not that big of a deal.

He got a frigging ticket last Thursday, Whoopdi-fukking-doo.

Not really a resume, more like a side note.

Stop overreacting people.

Missing a court date isn't that big of deal if you don't mind having warrants put out for your arrest. I guess breaking the law and going to jail really isn't that big a deal for some people.

You're looking over one very stupid part to the ticket last week. His father has a valid license, but Von still chose to drive that day. It's not the fact he got a ticket that irks most people in this situation, it's the fact that he made an arrogant, ill-advised choice.......ANOTHER ONE! :L

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as I have said before on here the Broncos essentially have Von on 3 one year contracts after this season. His rookie contract runs out after this next season so if he is in trouble the Broncos can drop him or they can decide to option for a 5th year. After that they can franchise him twice so again the Broncos don't have to commit to Von long term at this time. They can see if he gets his act together before making that kind of decision.

From what I understand the Broncos are working with him right now to try and get all legal matters taken care of such as the suspended license, unpaid tickets, and such. Sounds like he is being proactive as well in the drug side of it finding help and making sure this does not happen again.

So at least right now it seems like this past week was a major wake up call for him. How long it lasts we shall see. I would love to see Von with the Broncos until he retires but hopefully that is 10 years down the road not next year.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as I have said before on here the Broncos essentially have Von on 3 one year contracts after this season. His rookie contract runs out after this next season so if he is in trouble the Broncos can drop him or they can decide to option for a 5th year. After that they can franchise him twice so again the Broncos don't have to commit to Von long term at this time. They can see if he gets his act together before making that kind of decision.

From what I understand the Broncos are working with him right now to try and get all legal matters taken care of such as the suspended license, unpaid tickets, and such. Sounds like he is being proactive as well in the drug side of it finding help and making sure this does not happen again.

So at least right now it seems like this past week was a major wake up call for him. How long it lasts we shall see. I would love to see Von with the Broncos until he retires but hopefully that is 10 years down the road not next year.

Question: Is the option solely on the Broncos, or is it something Miller could exercise too? In other words, does he have the option to not play that 5th season onder the current contract?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure if the Broncos exercise it he has to play for it. Pretty much it was put in so that 1st round picks could be protected for an extra year from hitting Free Agency. It also is a pretty darn good deal for the player as it is like the franchise tag in they are given the salary of the average of the top 10 players at their position. So not a bad deal for either side really.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little early for all that, isn't it?

No.
Not necessarily.

SEE: Chris Henry

"While several former NFL players had been found to have the disease after their deaths, Henry was believed to be the first still-active NFL player to have it. The discovery that Henry had CTE has become a serious issue of concern for football and brain safety, especially since Henry was relatively young and had never been diagnosed with a concussion in either his five NFL seasons or his college career at West Virginia. Concern has been raised whether an accumulation of lesser blows could eventually be enough to cause brain damage"