• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I thought Jim Harbaugh's guy were "above reproach"

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like another Niner is in some hot water.

I only post this for two reasons:
  1. I dislike Harbaugh immensley and this fly's in the face of his message about his players being "above reproach" or whatever he said when he was commenting on the Seahawks suspensions.
  2. Our rival Niner fans never miss an opportunity to point out any trouble our players get into as if their own players don't have problems.
Maybe a 3rd reason too. I'm bored and there is no football to talk about so a good ol' fashioned rivalry thread might be entertaining.

49ers' Chris Culliver arrested, facing felony hit-and-run charges - CBSSports.com

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made a bad situation much worse. Fleeing a accident, threatening with brass knuckles, another hit and run. Oh boy, this guy is in real trouble.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also went hard after Walter Thurmond knowing he has been suspended for PED usage. I think it's safe to throw that 'above reproach' out the window for good. It didn't take Aldon Smith to do it.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Harbaugh is officially a distraction and embarrassment for the 49ers. Oh, they will vigorously deny this, but nevertheless, it's true.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best response to that story on CBS:

As a Falcons fan I would welcome him here, nobody on our defense can hit or run.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the whiners have convinced themselves that our entire team is on PEDs is it safe to assume that their entire team are a bunch of drunken low-life criminals?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually it's hit and run because they know there drunk and don't want to get a DWI … I think there hope is to flee get sober then face the music..

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners will flush this turd at the soonest possible opportunity. This is the second time in two seasons he's made the team look bad.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners will flush this turd at the soonest possible opportunity. This is the second time in two seasons he's made the team look bad.

You would think so.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This 49ers squad kind of reminds me of our SB losing team, a roster full of talented guys with marginal character. I liked the success on the field back then, but constantly hearing about another idiot doing something stupid really wore thin.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbs was an idiot for saying the "above reproach" proclamation. Most of us more rational people knew it was only a matter of time before that statement made him look dildo-ish.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say it, but if you're drunk and hit someone, just keep going. You can always argue you got home and downed alcohol because you were panicked. If you hit someone while intoxicated, kill them, and do the right thing... congrats on a class A felony and 10+ years of prison. If you get charged on a hit and run and kill someone, class C I believe (class B at worse). Lawmakers are currently looking into upping the penalty for hit and run.

So technically he did the smartest thing.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say it, but if you're drunk and hit someone, just keep going. You can always argue you got home and downed alcohol because you were panicked. If you hit someone while intoxicated, kill them, and do the right thing... congrats on a class A felony and 10+ years of prison. If you get charged on a hit and run and kill someone, class C I believe (class B at worse). Lawmakers are currently looking into upping the penalty for hit and run.

He wasn't drunk and the cyclist wasn't hurt that bad. If he would have stuck around it would have been no big deal. Now he's looking at a couple of felonies. All he had to do was own up to it and everything would have been fine. But apparently that doesn't compute with his thug mentality.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't drunk and the cyclist wasn't hurt that bad. If he would have stuck around it would have been no big deal. Now he's looking at a couple of felonies. All he had to do was own up to it and everything would have been fine. But apparently that doesn't compute with his thug mentality.

He should have just stayed and helped the guy he hit, but I'm sure it was panic time for him, fight or flee. Too bad for him, because now he's in a whole lot of trouble. Truthfully this could be a blessing for the 49ers, because now they will replace him...I sort of like him being one their starters, because he wasn't all that good.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the fuck??

Hit someone and keep going? My god.:gaah:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck??

Hit someone and keep going? My god.:gaah:

I don't think he's condoning it. What he's saying (and I agree with him) is if you are dumb enough to drink and drive and then accidently clip someone on a bike you are already in big trouble. Leaving the scene is terrible but if you're already in big trouble you may as well go home or to a bar and start drinking because then they can't get you for the DUI part, just the hit and run part. It's douchey, there is no argument about that, but if you are trying to minimize how much trouble you're in it's about the best option you got.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it varies from state to state but here in Virginia fleeing the scene of an accident that causes injury (i.e. hitting a bicyclist) gives you a felony conviction and a mandatory minimum sentence of 1 year in prison. A DUI (without fleeing the scene) is a misdemeanor for a first offense and a minimum of 10 days in jail if an injury occurred.

Obviously the severity of the injuries is going to affect the sentence but fleeing the scene is NOT the best choice by a long shot. At least not in this state.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're not drunk then absolutely should stick around.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*first offense DUIs are a misdemeanor for blood alcohol concentration at the lower end of the spectrum. If you're wasted it's a felony.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it varies from state to state but here in Virginia fleeing the scene of an accident that causes injury (i.e. hitting a bicyclist) gives you a felony conviction and a mandatory minimum sentence of 1 year in prison. A DUI (without fleeing the scene) is a misdemeanor for a first offense and a minimum of 10 days in jail if an injury occurred.

Obviously the severity of the injuries is going to affect the sentence but fleeing the scene is NOT the best choice by a long shot. At least not in this state.

Talking more about if you think you killed someone. And I don't condone taking off at all. That's a terrible thing to do and devastating to families, etc. But it also goes to show just how messed up our laws really are. I always read about the law to understand my rights... I took a criminal justice class back in college and in reading over RCW, etc. I found out some pretty messed up things. We had to study assault with a vehicle as well and this one came up. Reading through and understanding law and legal rights can greatly be used to protect yourself (right to search, ID, asking if you're being detained, etc) but some pretty messed up stuff is exposed as well, this being one of them.

And not saying I would do that or that DeSean even knew the law (hell I don't drink and drive). Was just saying...

And a DUI without fleeing the scene and injury gives you a felony... even in Virginia. Only 10 days jail time and misdemeanor is applicable for DUI without injury to others. That 10 days jail time can also be increased by certain circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator: