• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think i know the trick of fantasy baseball

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be the trick, but it is no easy task...

The trick is to start the season strong... If you start the first month or 2 with first place in reach then the probability of you having a successful season is overwhelming... I know this sounds obvious, but it really is not as obvious as you think... How many times do you have a player on your team whose end results are great, but they have a terrible first half?? These are players to avoid on draft day...

The problem with slow starters, is that they often are not on your team when they get hot and their value in trade is just not that high... Not to mention you are pretty much stuck starting them through their rough patch in expectation of them getting hot, and these players seem to have a very LONG leash...

And don't forget September baseball you can find the cheapest studs... since September baseball is all about matchups and not about talent...

Players who are off to a good start, have great trade value, and if you believe they will fall, you can get players deemed to be better for cheaper... And When you are in competition, you tend to have a much shorter leash on struggling players because you can not afford them to struggle... And Again, in the second half finding studs on the waiver wire is much easier, especially in September...

So the best advice i can give, is to forget about end of year statistics, and go for players known for being good first half players...

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. Of the last three years, I have started out really slow and made the playoffs by the end of the season twice. The other time I started out strong than fell out of the playoff race with a week or two left. The two times I made the playoffs, one team was the favorite and should have won if ESPN's tie break rules weren't retarded. The other never really had a chance.

Unless of course you are referring to roto. I know little about roto.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy low, sell high. Don't be afraid to unload a guy hitting .350 after 2 months. Chances are that he won't hit at that clip for the rest of the year. Buy on reliable guys hitting sub .200, chances are they will level out like carlos santana did last year.

Don't draft saves. Do draft holds, in the last rounds. Most high hold guys, are second in line when a closer blows.

Draft some speed. Depending on the league, triples and steals are categories to win.

Stash an extra high caliber player at shallow positions. When people want to improve their lineup, you will have trade bait.

I've done pretty good in a 16/20 team league for the past 4 years.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. Of the last three years, I have started out really slow and made the playoffs by the end of the season twice. The other time I started out strong than fell out of the playoff race with a week or two left. The two times I made the playoffs, one team was the favorite and should have won if ESPN's tie break rules weren't retarded. The other never really had a chance.

Unless of course you are referring to roto. I know little about roto.

I guess it is more true in Roto, but it is true too in H2H... although in H2H the whole point is to make the playoffs, so it really depends on how many teams your league has making the playoffs...