• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I really don't care about the numbers

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense sucks and is very underachieving. Good 1st quarter again. No adjustments as usual. Wilcox needs to be cut tonight for some of those angles he took. Just pathetic.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense sucks and is very underachieving. Good 1st quarter again. No adjustments as usual. Wilcox needs to be cut tonight for some of those angles he took. Just pathetic.

Has Wicox ever put himself in position to make a tackle

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no excuse for this defense but the defense held the Eagles to 7 points in the first half. If we had a competent QB, the Eagles would have been forced to pass all second half after being down double digits. Instead, they were able to stick to the running game. That's where an All Pro QB helps your defense. In today's NFL, your defense is only as good as your QB. Pats defense would be exposed too if they didn't have Brady constantly putting pressure on team's offenses to score. Our offense puts pressure on nobody.

Romo covered for an even worse defense last year and they went 12-4, because Romo played at an all pro level and the running game was also elite with Murray. This year you have a defense that's clearly better but there is no offense in sight to put pressure on the opposing teams and force them to be one dimensional. When you can force a team to pass all second half, that's when guys like Greg Hardy, Crawford, Gregory, can start teeing off on opposing QBs. But when they constantly have to worry about the threat of running, they have to play more passively.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just the turnovers... I've never seen a team so bad at not forcing a turnover. 1 int from our secondary and 0 from our CBs.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely don't appear to be clutch, that's for sure. This was about as good as the offense has looked since Romo was out there. They had a 100 yard rusher and two 100 yard receivers. They barely missed having their QB throw for 300 yards, and they put up 27 points. The turnover was huge, but I'm sorry, the Dallas defense got about as much out of the Dallas offense as they could have hoped for coming into the game. If they can't create turnovers and get stops at the most crucial times in the game, they're not all that great.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no excuse for this defense but the defense held the Eagles to 7 points in the first half. If we had a competent QB, the Eagles would have been forced to pass all second half after being down double digits. Instead, they were able to stick to the running game. That's where an All Pro QB helps your defense. In today's NFL, your defense is only as good as your QB. Pats defense would be exposed too if they didn't have Brady constantly putting pressure on team's offenses to score. Our offense puts pressure on nobody.

Romo covered for an even worse defense last year and they went 12-4, because Romo played at an all pro level and the running game was also elite with Murray. This year you have a defense that's clearly better but there is no offense in sight to put pressure on the opposing teams and force them to be one dimensional. When you can force a team to pass all second half, that's when guys like Greg Hardy, Crawford, Gregory, can start teeing off on opposing QBs. But when they constantly have to worry about the threat of running, they have to play more passively.

Earl this defense sucks no way around it. It my be a smidgen better then last year, but it still sucks. Not enough sacks, no turnovers, can't get off the field on third down, we score and after stopping a team a few times, give up td's immediately on the next series., OT stop for even just a field goal, forget about it... It's the players we have such as Wilcox, Church, and Flagborne...

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes it's easy to spot an agenda.

Some guys are just sitting around waiting to rip the Cowboys. It's like the sports fan version of an ambulance chaser.

Did you notice that in all the ripping of the defense not one of you mentioned Sean Lee was knocked for the 2nd half of the game. What was he called last night? "The heart and soul of the defense"

Agenda away!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to believe we could have LT, Mean JOe, Reggie White, and John Randle on our DLine and still not get consistent pressure.

No agenda here RJ- just telling the truth. Those stats were pretty telling about the defense by quarters.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely don't appear to be clutch, that's for sure. This was about as good as the offense has looked since Romo was out there. They had a 100 yard rusher and two 100 yard receivers. They barely missed having their QB throw for 300 yards, and they put up 27 points. The turnover was huge, but I'm sorry, the Dallas defense got about as much out of the Dallas offense as they could have hoped for coming into the game. If they can't create turnovers and get stops at the most crucial times in the game, they're not all that great.

Yeah we had two 100 yard receivers and a 100 yard running back, true we were 1 yard short of a 300 yard QB. Yeah we scored 27 points, the problem was we only scored 7 measly points in the 1st half. Had we scores 17 or more, the Eagles would have abandoned the running game just like they did in week two. Just like Earl said above that would have put pressure on the Eagle offense and allowed the D-line to pin back their ears. Yes the defense gets some blame, but the offense is not doing their job either, that pick six was the turning point.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a team game. It's like Dungy said before the game- he knew what Marinelli was telling his guys. It's just wierd watching - how dominating the defense looks and then they give up drives like they have no clue what they are doing.

The special teams were awesome last night for a change. It's just hard to believe we have lost 6 in a row and actually been in 5 of them until the very end.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year just is what it is. The second Romo went down I found it somewhat pointless to do a serious evaluation of this team. The Eagles won last night. But do Eagle fans feel good about going into overtime against a Cowboy team lead by a QB who could not be a starter in this league?

Before this game I believe the Boys were 7th is yards allowed. With no Romo that could have given us more sustainable drives against the Giants, Eli still only threw for 170 something yards. I bet you that is a career low vs the boys. None of the negatives nancy's want to bring up such telling stats.

And of course there are things that have to be addresses. Like why have we been so stingy with yards allowed but let people score points like crazy.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was Carl thaT said the defense just isn't clutch. I agree. They looked so good those first few drives. It's like some drives they just take off. The Eagles had multiple 90 yard drives last night and it wasn't like we were helping them with a 30 yd PI. Is it our safeties? Our front 4 should be damn good. Our LBs are a 1st, 2nd, and 4rth. Our Cbs aren't great but are good enough. Maybe it's the scheme itself??? He actually blitzed some last night too.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys have lost the turnover battle all season long. The safeties have been horrible. Byron jones is the only player in the secondary that looks good

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys defense seems to fails when it matters most Over and over and over and over and over...We also just cannot get a turnover for the life of us. How is it possible that every time the replay overturns it or Lee comes up two inches short diving for that deflected ball (or Church last week diving for the late pick)? We just can't get the damn ball back.

But, I don't understand how some of you can say this defense stinks. I think we have played pretty well this year on that side of the ball. Yeah, I'd blitz a little more because the NFL is all about pressure and that helps with turnovers too, but our defense is actually played OK this year IMO.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys defense seems to fails when it matters most Over and over and over and over and over...We also just cannot get a turnover for the life of us. How is it possible that every time the replay overturns it or Lee comes up two inches short diving for that deflected ball (or Church last week diving for the late pick)? We just can't get the damn ball back.

But, I don't understand how some of you can say this defense stinks. I think we have played pretty well this year on that side of the ball. Yeah, I'd blitz a little more because the NFL is all about pressure and that helps with turnovers too, but our defense is actually played OK this year IMO.
The defense played real well last night...right up until Lee went out. Our LB's were lost, Bradford had an easy time just checking it down after that

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They gashed us last night with their running game. Bradford threw for 290. They had a makeshift OLine and I think we hit Bradford 3 or 4 times. When we lost the toss( which is questionable) , did u have confidence that we were gonna stop them. They even had a penalty or 2. We don't get it done when we have too.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Earls right about Romo will make the D look better. The talent is there.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say makeshift OL. Hell I think I could have blocked Hardy last night. He didn't try half the time