• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

i like this time of year almost as much as the regular season

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course, i miss watching baseball, but i love seeing all the moves the teams are making. free agency/trades/etc

thoughts?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely fun to play GM, but nothing beats a day at the ballpark. Plus, I love football, basketball and soccer (I'm trying to watch some regular season hockey, filo, but I just might be a playoff time guy).

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am probably as engaged this time of year as any other. However, my focus is MLB-wide as opposed to Giants centric which will start in February.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rosterbation season is not my favorite.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosterbation season is not my favorite.

GP! Hahahaha. You must prefer rosterhandjobs. That doesn't sound enjoyable at all. That's the first time I've ever said that about anything involving a hand job.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the reasons baseball is my favorite sport is that the offseasons are so fun. None of the other sports have anything like it. And unlike football, teams actually trade players for players, not just players for draft picks. Basketball has player for player deals but they are mostly about a player for a player and then a bunch of throw ins of contracts to make the numbers work. Baseball has far more players on a team, and more specialization, which makes all the hot stove stuff more fun.

I like the actual season more, with daily games to follow, but this is fun too.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is the kind of comment that irks me a bit about the off-season:

eljimador said:
I don't know. Miller's minor league numbers are just as ugly as big league numbers. It looks like he's never really offered a glimpse at any level of what made him such a high draft pick. So if they think they've identified something in his mechanics, etc. that makes them think they can turn him around, then okay give it a shot. But if it's just a flyer on a guy because a long time ago people saw an 18 year old 6'6" lefty who they thought threw hard enough to be a stud one day, then I'd rather stick with 6th starter candidates who are safer bets even if they dont' have the perceived upside.

ESPN BOARDS

I don't exactly what irks me about this post.......maybe it's the lack of trust in the Giants decision making - particularly on pitching and particularly for an organization that just delivered a World Championship - or maybe it's just the mere attempt at an intelligent take on a player not one of us has ever seen, i.e. trying to have an intelligent conversation from a position of profound ignorance. Why bother?

xxERICSMITHXX

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is the kind of comment that irks me a bit about the off-season:

I don't exactly what irks me about this post.......maybe it's the lack of trust in the Giants decision making - particularly on pitching and particularly for an organization that just delivered a World Championship - or maybe it's just the mere attempt at an intelligent take on a player not one of us has ever seen, i.e. trying to have an intelligent conversation from a position of profound ignorance. Why bother?

I've seen him:)

His command has always been more on the lousy side and he has lost a few mph since he was drafted as a 21 year old out of UNC. I wouldn't mind bringing him in, but he is mostly a guy I would want in Fresno.

I think he brought this on himself by not wanting to spend any time in the minors, you just can't walk that many guys.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've seen him:)

His command has always been more on the lousy side and he has lost a few mph since he was drafted as a 21 year old out of UNC. I wouldn't mind bringing him in, but he is mostly a guy I would want in Fresno.

I think he brought this on himself by not wanting to spend any time in the minors, you just can't walk that many guys.

But do you trust the Giants to make the right call here?

xxERICSMITHXX

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But do you trust the Giants to make the right call here?

Well I think it is impossible to make the wrong call in this situation. He isn't getting a major league contract from the Giants and there is no reason to be upset by a minor league deal.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well I think it is impossible to make the wrong call in this situation. He isn't getting a major league contract from the Giants and there is no reason to be upset by a minor league deal.

Exactly.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

+1. It's a Dontrelle Willis situation. Nothing to lose. Either Tidrow can help him or he can't. Worst case scenario he joins the Reds.