• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I just want to say LOL @ anyone who makes fun of us for caring about recruiting.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it sure is great that you showed an interest in Ameer. What did that get you? Knowledge of a high school in Alabama? Knowledge of his mom's name? Knowledge of his high school stats? Knowledge of his favorite food in the cafeteria? Glad you can sleep better at night after stalking a high school kid.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it sure is great that you showed an interest in Ameer. What did that get you? Knowledge of a high school in Alabama? Knowledge of his mom's name? Knowledge of his high school stats? Knowledge of his favorite food in the cafeteria? Glad you can sleep better at night after stalking a high school kid.

Dude I was just rooting for him to get here. I don't give a shit about his hs or his moms name. I see tape of his play, I see ratings, I see what schools are after him and it gives me a good idea of just how good the kid is.

We knew he was going to be a huge get to help our FOOTBALL TEAM.

IDGAF about players personal lives, you're trying to lump me in with the crazies.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah who the hell said we thought we made a difference? I know I'm not one of those jock sniffers who's facebooking and tweeting recruits.

Talking about recruits is no different than talking about needing a touchdown or a win. It benefits the football team. You need players to win football games ya know.

I know I was on pins and needles when Ameer Abdullah was considering Nebraska, and look how that turned out? Seems I was justified in having an interest there.

You were on pins and needles? You were justified? Oh dear god!!!!

Were you on pins and needles for Cody Green? Were you justified there? His film out of high school was the greatest ever as well. To say you were "justified" means that you mattered in the process.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
justified
adjective
1 having, done for, or marked by a good or legitimate reason: His interest in the recruitment of Ameer Abdullah was justified because he is turning out to be a good player.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were on pins and needles? You were justified? Oh dear god!!!!

Were you on pins and needles for Cody Green? Were you justified there? His film out of high school was the greatest ever as well. To say you were "justified" means that you mattered in the process.

:L No, Jed. To say I was justified means I had reason to hope we got the kid and there was reason for discussion about it. Because it's INTERESTING.

For example if I'm hoping for a Nebraska win at wisconsin and we get the win, according to you I will think I mattered in the process. :L

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
justified
adjective
1 having, done for, or marked by a good or legitimate reason: His interest in the recruitment of Ameer Abdullah was justified because he is turning out to be a good player.

^^This

Players we were justified in spending time talking about this last recruiting cycle:

Jamal Turner: Leading Receiver through 3 games

Tyler Moore: Starting right tackle, 1st tru frosh to start an opener 4 NU. Ever.

Aaron Green: Scored 2 TD's vs Wash including an early go ahead TD and an obviously critical late one.

Ameer Abdullah: Leading Punt returner in the country.

3 of said players were H.S. All-Americans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose Jed thinks the NFL draft is a sham and a joke. It's a cliche but it's a true cliche: Recruiting is the life blood of a program. If you can't appreciate that, then you've got some serious misconceptions about college football.

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fill the entire off season following recruiting. I never followed recruiting til BAMA hired Saban. It's a lot easier to follow when your winning.:D