• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I haven't commented on this yet but...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hard to believe that Chip didn't want Roby, Dennard or Buchannon.

If Chip thought that secondary was a need he would have grabbed one, but he didn't so they didn't.

And look at the shittty secondary pick he did make. Ed Reynolds? Nice Pac-12 pick, Chip. Next time try evaluating them for the pro game instead of the college game.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He apparently wanted Clinton-Dix so he liked some secondary guys, just not the ones that ended up being there for us at our pick.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to clarify, Dennard was my personal favorite, I think he would have made a fine press corner in our scheme. But Bucannon is the guy who we'll probably regret passing on most. He looks good.

We should have definitely grabbed Dennard. Just think if we already had a piece like that in the secondary. Then we could draft another and the damn thing would nearly be built. As it is we are a full year behind where we could be. Also some of the most elite corners in the entire league switched teams last season (Talib, Revis). We didn't go after any of them. Chip did not idenitfy CB as a major need. He actually liked Fletcher, thought he'd be good enough.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point Eaglesnut. If we had Dennard, even if he had been a role player as a rookie like he was in Cincy, things would look so much brighter now in terms of rebuilding that secondary.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E-NUT - TAKE A CHILL PAL! R-E-L-A-X.

On 97.5 the Fanatic today, Sal Pal thinks Chip should go all out - whatever it takes to get Mariota. He thinks that 3 #1's and maybe a player (Cox if they have to), could be enough to get the #1 pick. I doubt it, but the show on Missanelli's show was very entertaining.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On 97.5 the Fanatic today, Sal Pal thinks Chip should go all out - whatever it takes to get Mariota. He thinks that 3 #1's and maybe a player (Cox if they have to), could be enough to get the #1 pick. I doubt it, but the show on Missanelli's show was very entertaining.
Sal Pal is a fuckin idiot. You don't give up 3 #1 picks and a player like Cox for any one player. History has shown us to be a HUGE HUGE Mistake.

We instead should select Bryan Bennett maybe even 2 Qb's with the extra 4th we got from Buffalo....we should dedicate 3 of our first 4 picks to our defense....UNLESS we knock it out of the park in free agency. Either way, I still would not try to get that #1 overall pick. That is SUICIDE! Nick Foles has a great record, Nick Foles puts up points in this offense. The problem is we can't stop anyone. I agree for Chip to run his offense the way he wants to he needs that right QB, however that right QB isn't Mariota if it's gonna make us mortgage our entire future. The nonsense of us trading all that plus Flectcher Cox is mind blowing. Let me put this in perspective for everyone...Leonard Williams DT from USC will go top 5 in this years draft.....I would not trade Fletcher Cox who is 24 years old straight up for Leonard Williams! Why the fuck would ya, we know what Cox is...He is an ALL Pro at 24!!! Ya think a team like the Jags or Raiders wouldn't rather have Fletcher Cox who is a proven ALL PRO at 24 than draft an unknown rookie at the same position. So if Fletcher Cox is = to having pick number 3 or 4 in the entire draft, why would we give up that plus 3 #1 picks??? THAT, is INSANE!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings, you know how to vent. that's for sure.
I know its not gonna happen. Chip does too. He's not an idiot.
I also like Bennett, and if you what another obscure QB, how about Garrett Grayson, Colo.St. He most likely go before Bennett. I'd say 3rd round for Grayson, and 5th round for Bennett.
My desire is for us to spend most of the cap for Maxwell and Jackson, then draft a safety and ILB.
OL in the 3rd, and a development QB.

I also want Eliot Wolf, and promote Marynowitz to ass't GM.

Then I'm happy.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop with the Mariota stuff. You could trade that 4th (or your 3rd) for Josh Gordon, sign Iupati and I could play QB. Use the rest of the $26 million for a CB and draft D.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more interesting thing is who would we have grabbed round 2 if we took Matthews in round 1.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more interesting thing is who would we have grabbed round 2 if we took Matthews in round 1.

Yup. Matthews would have been an OK late first round selection. He was clearly worth that, we saw.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if we got a decent young CB in round2. Ugh!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard Sal, and I wouldn't put it past Chip to do something so foolish. Giving up Cox would be the stupidest thing we could do. At this point he's probably the best player on the team.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Smith.

No way, he was always going at the end of the 1st. There was a run on pass rushers. Pass rushers are in high demand. Every single year more pass rushers go at the end of round 1 than internet draft people predict.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way imo Chip would give up Cox ... top notch, young DLinemen are not easy to find. If our 2ndary didn't flat out suck, we may have had the top D in the league. Our Front 7 had a great year; Cox, Barwin and Kendricks is a group you build around, not dismantle.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way imo Chip would give up Cox ... top notch, young DLinemen are not easy to find. If our 2ndary didn't flat out suck, we may have had the top D in the league. Our Front 7 had a great year; Cox, Barwin and Kendricks is a group you build around, not dismantle.
EXACTLY!!!!:agree:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to a point, but you never say never. We're not talking Howie here, but a gung ho offensive guru who is determined to get his man. Again, I wouldn't do it, but as I said you never say....

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If chip kelly didnt see cb as a problem last year, his ass needs to be nowhere near being a gm.

Everyone in america knew our cbs both are the worst starting pair in pro football. Hell id gather a dozen colleges or so with better starting tandems than we've got and if chip didnt see it hes either blind or that story is bullshit.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at what happened, clearly, Marcus Smith would have been off the board pretty quickly. Guys like Demarcus Lawrence and Trent Murphy went shortly afterward. Smith was not going to last too much longer.

It's also true that at this point a year ago, while many of us thought corner and safety were huge needs, we also thought OLB was a huge need.

We didn't anticipate Cole having a good year, Graham rounding into form at OLB, and Connor Barwin emerging as a double-digit sack guy. We saw Barwin as a solid OLB whose weakness was pass rush, and thought we desperately needed a young pass rushing OLB.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If chip kelly didnt see cb as a problem last year, his ass needs to be nowhere near being a gm.

Everyone in america knew our cbs both are the worst starting pair in pro football. Hell id gather a dozen colleges or so with better starting tandems than we've got and if chip didnt see it hes either blind or that story is bullshit.

Chip did not know that. Consider that every coach every year works with his personnel department to define what they are looking for in players. The coaches evaluate the players. The coaches tell the personnel department what they need and the personnel department works on getting it for them. Chip told them to add some corner depth, so they grabbed Carroll.

All year Chip arrogantly called anyone that questioned his CBs a dumbass that doesn't know what Chip is looking for in cornerbacks and doesn't know how to evaluate them because they don't know the plays. By the end of the year all those "dumbasses" saw Chip and his coaches finally make a change at the position they were questioning all along.