• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I have a bad feeling about our defense against Roethlisberger

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Cleveland really hates Pittsburg. You would think the colts are gonna have a lower first round pick than the steelers and really need a running back.

RB's in the first round are a crap shoot. Not to mention, RB's are a dime-a-dozen nowadays. If you're smart, you don't take a RB in the first round unless you're convinced he's the next big thing in the NFL.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Less optimistic? What's that about Cali? Lack of pass rush?

believe it or not, but I don't want be all sourpuss and negative on the team right now. They are a mixed bag, but it's two games. I think the lines on both sides of the ball leave something to be desired. The O line should get better as the season wears on, they develop some chemistry, and mature. I'm a little more bothered by the defensive line.

I said it on some other thread, but for them to win two games by four points at home against two decent teams but not great teams doesn't have me flying the Super Bowl banner yet. Two wins are two wins, that's great. But lets see Nola and GB and (quiet you richig) on the road against Detroit or at least a dominant win or two before getting too amped about anything.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Cleveland really hates Pittsburg. You would think the colts are gonna have a lower first round pick than the steelers and really need a running back.

if they were only in the same division it would make sense.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
believe it or not, but I don't want be all sourpuss and negative on the team right now. They are a mixed bag, but it's two games. I think the lines on both sides of the ball leave something to be desired. The O line should get better as the season wears on, they develop some chemistry, and mature. I'm a little more bothered by the defensive line.

I said it on some other thread, but for them to win two games by four points at home against two decent teams but not great teams doesn't have me flying the Super Bowl banner yet. Two wins are two wins, that's great. But lets see Nola and GB and (quiet you richig) on the road against Detroit or at least a dominant win or two before getting too amped about anything.

lol

Yeah, I do admit that winning in Detroit may be tough. I don't doubt that they can be fast starters. It's more down the stretch where I believe they will fade as they always have.

They've found a bit of a running game, and I think they are improved from last season. I could see them finishing 8-8. I don't see anything more than that though.

I do admit, they look better than I thought heading in. Bush and Stafford have to stay healthy, which is never a sure thing.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they were only in the same division it would make sense.

He means, that since the Browns have the Colts first round pick this year from the Trent Richardson trade. That he thinks the Browns could take a RB ahead of Cleveland.

Which, still, doesn't really make sense for two reasons.

A) The Steelers at 0-2 look far worse than the 1-1 Colts. The Colts SHOULD finish with a better record than Pittsburgh, the way things look at the moment.

B) I highly doubt that an NFL GM dictates his draft picks by how much he hates another team, or by another team's needs. Silly.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steeler's can't run the ball, even against our D. They have no TE's worth a hoot cause Miller is still injured and the back up is out too I believe. I'll take my chances with their Wr v. our CB's. Ben isn't scrambling much these days. Steelers are a train wreck.

The most worrisome aspect to the game for me is the Steelers 3-4 and those odd zone blitzes they toss as you. Don't look for a high scoring affair.

Edit: As a Steeler fan pointed out, the Steelers have a grand total of 7 rushing attempts in the second half combined, first two games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't skeerd, I am interested to see lf we will play down to our opponent. I,m hoping with the new staff that will not be the case.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't skeerd, I am interested to see lf we will play down to our opponent. I,m hoping with the new staff that will not be the case.

I ain't skeerd either, But Pitt. still has a respectable D, and a coaching staff that isn't used to losing.
And a QB that can make plays.
Playing in their house makes me a little nervous though. Especially if they showcase this Wheaton guy.
Saw him in preseason. Has unbelievable speed. Don't know why he isn't starting . But he's something to watch. None of our DBs will match up 1 on 1 w/him. Just hope the coaching staff game plans for him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't skeerd either, But Pitt. still has a respectable D, and a coaching staff that isn't used to losing.
And a QB that can make plays.
Playing in their house makes me a little nervous though. Especially if they showcase this Wheaton guy.
Saw him in preseason. Has unbelievable speed. Don't know why he isn't starting . But he's something to watch. None of our DBs will match up 1 on 1 w/him. Just hope the coaching staff game plans for him.

None of our DB's will matchup 1 on 1 with him?

Tillman and Jennings have both covered far better receivers with speed than a third round rookie draft pick that hasn't seen the field yet. Come on...

A lot of 5"11 mid-round receivers have looked great in the pre-season. We've had our fair share. The majority never pan out. I'm not saying that's the case here, but let's keep things in perspective. If the Steelers coaching staff doesn't think he's even worth of seeing the field, it's HIGHLY unlikely he's going to be the reason the Steelers beat the Bears tomorrow night.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steeler's can't run the ball, even against our D. They have no TE's worth a hoot cause Miller is still injured and the back up is out too I believe. I'll take my chances with their Wr v. our CB's. Ben isn't scrambling much these days. Steelers are a train wreck.

The most worrisome aspect to the game for me is the Steelers 3-4 and those odd zone blitzes they toss as you. Don't look for a high scoring affair.

Edit: As a Steeler fan pointed out, the Steelers have a grand total of 7 rushing attempts in the second half combined, first two games.

To be fair, they have been trailing almost the entirety of both second halves, but yes... their running backs and their O-lines run blocking stinks. There's a reason they're not running.

If they can't run versus us, which they shouldn't, that should free us up to send some extra heat with our LB's. Which you know Tucker is just itching to do. He's showed some interesting blitz packages thus far. I think he's just itching for a game to unleash them. This could be it.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, I think the Bears are going to win this one. Maybe I am too optimistic, but I haven't been this excited about a new coach/system since Ditka came in 1982.

brian mclaren

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears need to stay on the gas win this one and head off the soldier field east next week to start the season off 4-0.
go bears and i would take cutler over rodgers any day of the week and twrice on sundays
thank god lovie smith is gone
trustman is the savior.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking (hoping) that we see an offensive explosion tonight.
A sound thrashing.
Two games in, the comfort level for this scheme and staff should be solidifying nicely.
I'd really like for this game, on the national stage, to be one that makes the rest of the NFL stand up and take notice.