• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I feel the saints are getting disrespected again

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the players know it, Its pretty pathetic when people think they can't bounce back next year because of how they looked this year. How can people actually say that? How long did it take a rebuilding KC and Indy? 1 offseason. The saints have talent, its been the personnel which is why Ryan Pace, Rick Reprief, and Josh Lucas had to go. Those three were responsible for the draft picks of Sedrick, Meachem, and Robinson in the first rounds. Also, we brought back Dennis Allen to be a defensive asistant. Now Jeff Ireland has a sketchy track record with Miami but he also was not working with talented coaches. Payton knows talent on offense and Ireland did get some good players on defense(Davis, Jordan). It just sucks when people just want to say the saints cannot bounce back. And we can't be a one hit wonder when we have a HOF QB who broke too many records and passed for 5,000 yards four different seasons.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always though it was a good thing when everyone underestimates my favorite team? Especially if other teams do it.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees is showing his age. That's the real problem.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want respect for a team that was near last in the worst division before they do anything to actually give some indication they are on the right path? :scratch:

Any team can get better in the off season if they draft well, get some decent FA's, improve in coaching, etc. What kind of respect are you needing? It is earned by doing something to warrant it.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees is showing his age. That's the real problem.

Have you seen the oline play? Or are you of the belief Kenny Stills type receiver cannot get it done against today's defenses and olines of two-three years ago cannot block today's pass rushers? Wasn't the case with the cowboys was it? Their OL was great.

Brett Favre showed his age too only to have two more good seasons in three years. Kurt Warner played great from 2007-2009 at an older age than Brees. He got benched for Matt Leinart in 06.

Brees has actually never had good arm strength, his strength is accuracy and finding open guys with time to throw.

Graham was playing with a bum shoulder all year.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And some 49er fan went on the saints board talking about how the saints need to upgrade on all levels of defense. Keenan Lewis is a great CB, Jairus Byrd and Rafael Bush are great safeties. Cam Jordan had an off year. That guy just rubbed me the wrong way. We only need a number 2 CB and nose tackle to improve our defense. We need a right guard, center, and right tackle to improve our offense. Stills, Cooks, and Toon are good enough to make plays.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen the oline play? Or are you of the belief Kenny Stills type receiver cannot get it done against today's defenses and olines of two-three years ago cannot block today's pass rushers? Wasn't the case with the cowboys was it? Their OL was great.

Brett Favre showed his age too only to have two more good seasons in three years. Kurt Warner played great from 2007-2009 at an older age than Brees. He got benched for Matt Leinart in 06.

Brees has actually never had good arm strength, his strength is accuracy and finding open guys with time to throw.

Graham was playing with a bum shoulder all year.

So what will be different with the Saints O-line next year? Should we just expect Brees to be better next year because Favre and Warner had decent seasons late in their careers? Like many teams, the Saints wont get respect until they earn it again. Believe it or not, that's an advantage for them.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell should anyone give respect to them after the shitty season they had? You haven't earned shit! Prove it on the field... until then shhhh. :nod:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, my Cardinals went 21-11 over the last two years and we don't even get respect. And this is not me complaining, just using it as a point to build a bridge and get over it. It's better to be underestimated anyways.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why you let it bother you. Everyteam can improve in the off-season

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a big difference between not getting respect and being disrespected. The Saints are not getting much respect because this year they were just another team. Brees appears to be on the decline. Burden of proof is now on them to show they're any better than mediocre.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the players know it, Its pretty pathetic when people think they can't bounce back next year because of how they looked this year. How can people actually say that? How long did it take a rebuilding KC and Indy? 1 offseason. The saints have talent, its been the personnel which is why Ryan Pace, Rick Reprief, and Josh Lucas had to go. Those three were responsible for the draft picks of Sedrick, Meachem, and Robinson in the first rounds. Also, we brought back Dennis Allen to be a defensive asistant. Now Jeff Ireland has a sketchy track record with Miami but he also was not working with talented coaches. Payton knows talent on offense and Ireland did get some good players on defense(Davis, Jordan). It just sucks when people just want to say the saints cannot bounce back. And we can't be a one hit wonder when we have a HOF QB who broke too many records and passed for 5,000 yards four different seasons.

Both of those teams you listed had sizable upgrades at QB (Alex Smith> Cassel and Andrew Luck> Orlovsky) NO already has Brees and still can't get over .500- HUGE difference.

Until I see the defense tangibly improve on the field, I am penciling in Carolina for the division again. I'll be paying attention as the division is in reach with defensive improvement. The cap is a major issue for NO as well- and it may be the worst in the league right now.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees 5000 yard passing 69% 33 TD 17 Ints 97 passing rating for the year.
I would not discount the Saints as long as Bress is still playing at that level.

A couple more wins and its a completely different season.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooner or later they have to address to Rob Ryan problem. He's a fucking idiot and needs to go if that D is going to improve. He has had the same problem for years. His defense plays great for 5 or 6 plays then gives up the 40 yarder. Time after time, week after week, year after year. Rob sucks, his brother sucks and his dad sucked. How they keep their jobs is a mystery. I'm guessing blackmail.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be tough for the Saints with the cap being a 600 pound gorilla for them, but the Panthers and Falcons are not world beaters in any universe.

Exactly. It's not like this is not a talented team. It's too early to even talk about next season anyway. Every team in the division had a down year. I expect Atlanta, Carolina, & new orleans to all be better.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees 5000 yard passing 69% 33 TD 17 Ints 97 passing rating for the year.
I would not discount the Saints as long as Bress is still playing at that level.

A couple more wins and its a completely different season.

Yep basically. Brees had a bad season by his standards n I'll say there's roughly 25 other teams who would've gladly taken those numbers from their QB. The Saints started to really play bad when they had an insane amount of injuries. They had practice squad cbs as their nickel corner. In the first 10 weeks of the year they played one terrible game which was when Dallas smacked them. Outside of that the other 4 losses they had in the first 10 weeks all came on games where they led with less than 2 minutes to go.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like (nationally) no one cares about the Saints right now. Does anyone outside of the division have anything to say - good or bad - about the saints right now? The timing of this complaint is just weird to me.

FWIW... there's probably 20 teams that would take Brees in a heartbeat.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like (nationally) no one cares about the Saints right now. Does anyone outside of the division have anything to say - good or bad - about the saints right now? The timing of this complaint is just weird to me.

I agree. Nobody cares about any of the teams who aren't playing still. What respect can you possibly expect after the season we had? Seriously

I rather be under the radar anyway with no pressure

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FWIW... there's probably 20 teams that would take Brees in a heartbeat.

I think that is exactly what the issue is here, personally. The only thing worse than being talked about and hated on, is not being talked about; or something like that.