• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I didn't know Ohio State was playing Duke today, ESPN

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2015-12-19_14-16-7.png

Not only that. But we took them to OT!

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL@ ESPN

on a side note Utah just avoided choking that away

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way OSU has played this year ESPN should have known better than yo think they'd be in OT vs Duke

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're super soft. That combined with OSU not being able to miss.

Really didn't shoot any better than Kentucky in this one. Definitely looked like Ohio State out worked UK in this one, tho. Got really exciting towards towards the end there. Great game. :suds:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams played hard; Ohio state made a lot of nice inside plays. IMO, Ohio State deserved that win. Kentucky has a long way to go if they want to be a top 5 team; especially shooting from outside. I'm not sure why all the announcers are so high on Ulis. Seems to me he has trouble defending the person driving past him into the lane. In addition, for a short guy, he has to be much better shooting from outside.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They look way better today. Either that or UK sucks. Lol

Lots of talent on the team but even more immaturity and inexperience. Hopefully they can build on this win and keep getting better

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calipari's Kentucky teams have had the following seeds: 1, 4, 1, NIT, 8, and 1.

When you rely on top-ranked Freshmen, your team really depends on the strength of the class. Each of his 1-seeds has been led by a #1 pick who likely will make many All-Star teams. That first team also had Boogie Cousins. Even if Cal is bringing in the top guys, there aren't going to be superstars every year. Unless more players take the Josh Harrelson or Willie Cauley-Stein route, he'll probably continue to alternate between great teams and solid-good teams. This appears to be a solid-good team.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're super soft. That combined with OSU not being able to miss.

I think our 'bigs' are better than people think... you guys had zero low post presence against us today. As far as shooting goes, we spread it around. This is the first time I"ve really watched Kentucky, but your offense seems to be a one man show.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our 'bigs' are better than people think... you guys had zero low post presence against us today. As far as shooting goes, we spread it around. This is the first time I"ve really watched Kentucky, but your offense seems to be a one man show.
It's not the first time someone has said that this season. Skal Labissiere has been utterly disappointing and soft the entire season after all the hype I heard about him. The only real big man that's been consistently contributing has been Lee. Wynyard just came over and I was hoping to see him (6'10", 255 pounds) today but Cal never put him in.

As far as the one man show, you're also correct. The team doesn't play like a team. They panic in situations like they were in today and try to take over the game when none of them really are able to. All great players, but they're much better as a team. Outside shooting is a problem for basically everyone except Jamal Murray, and even sometimes he's bad on offense.

Overall, this team has a ton of problems. I never expected anything like last year, so I guess I can say that they haven't "disappointed" me exactly. But I sure as hell ain't happy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason UK made it a game bc Murray went off. UK is still very young they will be very good but other guys need to mature and step up for this team to be a national contender. Ohio St is one of the most inconsistent teams in the nation, they are also very young, 1 junior and 0 seniors. Both teams should get better as we get further into the season, but what hurts Ohio St is the early losses and the Big 10 will be a much harder task than SEC conference play.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason UK made it a game bc Murray went off. UK is still very young they will be very good but other guys need to mature and step up for this team to be a national contender. Ohio St is one of the most inconsistent teams in the nation, they are also very young, 1 junior and 0 seniors. Both teams should get better as we get further into the season, but what hurts Ohio St is the early losses and the Big 10 will be a much harder task than SEC conference play.

Honestly, both conferences are pretty bad this year. I'd have the B1G as very slightly better than the SEC this year.