• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I challenge everyone to vote for real next week

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This goes for myself as well...........

Our top 25 poll damn near mirrors the AP and Coaches Polls and that is ridiculous..............

History shows that the early AP and Coaches top 25's are never even close to being accurate by the end of the season, so let's not use those polls as a guide this next week.

Instead, I say we just vote on how we see teams in our own minds. I know everyone will say they don't pay attention to it, but I guarantee you that is a bunch of hogwash...........there is no way after 1 week that we would have almost an exact copy of the AP poll.

Hell even the teams that are just outside of the top 25 are damn near an exact copy..................

Nebraska is a good example...............what in the hell says they deserve to be #10 in the country right now? I honestly don't know why I ranked them so high............they should have been #20 on my ballot

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any poll at the beginning of the year is probably not going to be close to accurate at the end of the year. There is nothing to really go off of.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
There's almost no real data to properly rank teams right now. No disrespect to the following programs, as these are just examples, but how can we give LSU the proper amount of credit for beating Oregon, when it's yet to be determined whether Oregon will win 13 games or 0 games? It's even more difficult to compare LSU's victory to Oklahoma's beating of Tulsa, Boise State's win over Georgia, the many top team beat downs of FCS schools, or even two teams with medium expectations like Maryland's narrow victory over a depleted Miami.

The plain truth is that most of the polls right now are based on last year's results, minus talent lost, plus talent recruited, multipled by some level of development and coaching changes. It's all perception, and now we extrapolate that perception to all of these games from week one, to get a mix that's mostly perception, and partly results. As the season progresses, the rankings become more and more based on results.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will be waiting until after week 5 games are over before coming up with a top 25.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, you guys are missing the point. It doesn't matter what week of the season it is. It was this way last year too............we were sitting here in the middle of December with the same top 25 that all those jokers in the AP poll came up with.

There is a reason that the AP and Coaches polls are almost identical every time, and that is because the voters all look at how each other vote and then they vote based on that.............a follow the leader type of thing...

The point that I am trying to get across is, if there were no AP or Coaches polls available right now for us to see, what do you think our top 25 would look like? :rolleyes:

That's pretty funny to think about, because I can guarantee you it wouldn't look like it does.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mine is probably one of the closest to not going off either poll.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't look at the polls when I made my original ballot, and I only used my preseason poll as reference for my week 1 poll.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would, but i don't trust myself to be non-biased

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I personally use the other polls as a lump of top teams, but then arrange them more as I see it (Stanford way overrated, Bama also, etc.). In the end I think mine reflects my own thought.
As for Nebraska, they can be ranked high because they just entered a weak conference that they should easily dominate. Maybe they won't, but that's how I've got them in the top 10.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't look at the polls when I made my original ballot, and I only used my preseason poll as reference for my week 1 poll.

I barely used my preseason poll

as the season goes on my poll with start to really differ greatly.

and I'll be moving teams up and down rapidly based on how they play.