• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I apologize to Alex Smith

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Last week I bashed him for no reason and he hasnt played bad at all. Now I feel like a idiot. He's doing what he's called to do. My bad for that

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, at least there is one. Good for you. Alex has easily been the MVP of the offense so far.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Exactly, he and Bowman are up for most improved players through 4 weeks

southbaysportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, at least there is one. Good for you. Alex has easily been the MVP of the offense so far.

Now if the rest of the haters would at least give credit where credit is due. Im still not sold on him, but boy o boy am I rooting for him to become a top ten qb.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now if the rest of the haters would at least give credit where credit is due. Im still not sold on him, but boy o boy am I rooting for him to become a top ten qb.

Yes, thats is correct. I always give credit if deserved. If he's a top 10 guy im good with that.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know if I am a " hater" but I realize Alex had a pretty good game and I am quite happy about it.
I am really happy about the team being 3-1.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know if I am a " hater" but I realize Alex had a pretty good game and I am quite happy about it.
I am really happy about the team being 3-1.

I don't think there are any 'haters' on this board; the other board is however, full of them.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think there are any 'haters' on this board; the other board is however, full of them.

And I would call it more of being spoiled. Niner fans were spoiled. We had to Hall of Fame QBs back to back, 1 great coach and 1 good coach back to back "Walsh/Seifort" Then we waited a few years and had Mooch/Garcia.
I think we are all just spoiled.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

And I would call it more of being spoiled. Niner fans were spoiled. We had to Hall of Fame QBs back to back, 1 great coach and 1 good coach back to back "Walsh/Seifort" Then we waited a few years and had Mooch/Garcia.

We were spoiled but is isn't like we have been dissatisfied with an average team since Mooch and Garcia left. The 49ers have been a dysfunctional mess doing almost nothing right for a long time.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We were spoiled but is isn't like we have been dissatisfied with an average team since Mooch and Garcia left. The 49ers have been a dysfunctional mess doing almost nothing right for a long time.

Thats 100% true, we really had to wait for Jed to get old enough to take over the team. Unless he's Mark Zuckerberg running a cooperation when he was the age of 20 was not possible.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think not spoiled but privileged more accurately defines the experience. Privileged implies an understanding that what we witnessed will likely never again happen in our lifetime.

Your use of the term spoiled seems to imply expectation. Speaking from my own observations, I can't think of a single fan who is frustrated with Alex Smith because he is not capable of attaining those levels of greatness.

If I am correct in my inference, then, IMO I think the detractors, at least those of us on this board, are far more astute and objective than that.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thats 100% true, we really had to wait for Jed to get old enough to take over the team. Unless he's Mark Zuckerberg running a cooperation when he was the age of 20 was not possible.

I am not sold on Jed either but I am hopeful. He really needs to hire a football mind to head up that side of the operations.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHK, honestly, I have been very happy with Baalke and what he has done since it has been clear that he is the one driving the bus, so to speak. His FA signings were shrewd and virtually every one of his signings have been upgrades over what we had previously without putting us on the hook for BIG FA contracts. His draft this year seemed to be a pretty good one up to this point and some of the guys picked last year have really stepped up (Bowman, Iupati) while others that seemed to be Sing picks have been either traded or upgraded (like Mays). His hiring of Harbaugh also should be included on the list of things Baalke has done correctly.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith's season stats through 4 games:

72/107 67% completion, 795 yards, 4 tds, 1 int, 97.7 QB rating

I can definitely live with that. The fact that we're 3-1 is directly related to Smith playing well IMO.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith's 8th in the NFL in QB rating and 5th in completion %

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Goldson is getting borderline on that list too.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Smith's season stats through 4 games:

72/107 67% completion, 795 yards, 4 tds, 1 int, 97.7 QB rating

I can definitely live with that. The fact that we're 3-1 is directly related to Smith playing well IMO.

no question.

obviously, quite a few players need to be playing well for 3-1, but it starts with Alex Smith.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
SHK, honestly, I have been very happy with Baalke and what he has done since it has been clear that he is the one driving the bus, so to speak. His FA signings were shrewd and virtually every one of his signings have been upgrades over what we had previously without putting us on the hook for BIG FA contracts. His draft this year seemed to be a pretty good one up to this point and some of the guys picked last year have really stepped up (Bowman, Iupati) while others that seemed to be Sing picks have been either traded or upgraded (like Mays). His hiring of Harbaugh also should be included on the list of things Baalke has done correctly.

I am willing to give Baalke a chance but he has been part of this fail machine for a long time which doesn't build my confidence in the guy.

And the GM position isn't my greatest concern. I want a football guy above Baalke to steer the ship.

Harbaugh was a pretty easy choice IMO.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am willing to give Baalke a chance but he has been part of this fail machine for a long time which doesn't build my confidence in the guy.

And the GM position isn't my greatest concern. I want a football guy above Baalke to steer the ship.Harbaugh was a pretty easy choice IMO.

sorry but i'll have to disagree. for football operations, there should only be one boss and the GM is it. adding a layer between Baalke and Jed York only increases the odds of FO clashes. as it is, its never 100% 'family' between GM and HC.

i like what Baalke has done to date factoring in his level of responsibility. i don't lay blame on him for things out of his control.

would you like it if you were blamed for something you did when you first joined a company? if you're a junior account executive 6 years ago, would you be happy being blamed for your Supervisors decision? essentially because you joined the company 6 years ago? why not blame everybody who was around when Nolan came on?