• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hypothtical: Adrian Gonzalez

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you guys give up for AGon? Would you give anything up for AGon?

Would you give up something like Sanchez, Sandoval, Wheeler and a 1st round pick?

Maybe then try to pick up a good pitcher on the FA like Eric Bedard on the cheap?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you guys give up for AGon? Would you give anything up for AGon?

Would you give up something like Sanchez, Sandoval, Wheeler and a 1st round pick?

Maybe then try to pick up a good pitcher on the FA like Eric Bedard on the cheap?

First off, no draft pick trading in MLB, so that shows YOUR level of intellect... ;-P

Second, I would make that trade in a second, but no way SD would. They get a MLB pitcher with wicked stuff, but has been established as a head case; a young bat with MAJOR question marks; and a high ceiling, YOUNG prospect for arguably the best 1B in the game? I think they would be asking for AT LEAST Belt to be added to that package just to sit at the table.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, no draft pick trading in MLB, so that shows YOUR level of intellect... ;-P

Second, I would make that trade in a second, but no way SD would. They get a MLB pitcher with wicked stuff, but has been established as a head case; a young bat with MAJOR question marks; and a high ceiling, YOUNG prospect for arguably the best 1B in the game? I think they would be asking for AT LEAST Belt to be added to that package just to sit at the table.

Ha! Yup, got my hockey mixed in there. Sorry, I are stupid.

Would you do it if you had to throw in Belt as well?

EDIT: By the way, you are a dick face. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

TKellion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would not even talk to them if they wanted Belt,Wheeler or Charlie Culberson who at this time is hier apparent to Freddy Sanchez.I dont want A Gonzales because we already have our 1B of the future in Belt plus Luke Anders who hit well at Agusta and should start at San Jose this next season if Belt fails.With Huff probably returning we are not rushed to find a new 1B for the future.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! Yup, got my hockey mixed in there. Sorry, I are stupid.

Would you do it if you had to throw in Belt as well?

EDIT: By the way, you are a dick face. ;)

Well, I'd rather throw in Belt than Wheeler if Gonzalez signs an extension since Belt plays the same position.

I don't think I'd target Gonzalez, I'd be more focused on Rasmus. I just don't really like the idea of trading within the division.

TKellion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, I'd rather throw in Belt than Wheeler if Gonzalez signs an extension since Belt plays the same position.

I don't think I'd target Gonzalez, I'd be more focused on Rasmus. I just don't really like the idea of trading within the division.

Belt also plays the outfield and would not be blocked by Gonzales.:rolleyes:

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd have 3 problems with this trade.

1. Money, I've heard that A-gon is looking for at least 22M/year, so therefore the Giants wouldn't have enough payroll room to re-sign him in 2011.
2. Need, with Belt fast approaching, we have no need for a first baseman in the near future.
3. The unknown, I'm sure that nobody here wants to take the chance that Zack Wheeler will clinch the division against us on the last day of the season en route to winning the cy young one year...all this while the picks we got for a-gon were arrested and injured.

Do I think that he's worth a package like that? If the club resigns him then yes, but I don't think he's worth a package like that to the Giants.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have 3 problems with this trade.

1. Money, I've heard that A-gon is looking for at least 22M/year, so therefore the Giants wouldn't have enough payroll room to re-sign him in 2011.
2. Need, with Belt fast approaching, we have no need for a first baseman in the near future.
3. The unknown, I'm sure that nobody here wants to take the chance that Zack Wheeler will clinch the division against us on the last day of the season en route to winning the cy young one year...all this while the picks we got for a-gon were arrested and injured.

Do I think that he's worth a package like that? If the club resigns him then yes, but I don't think he's worth a package like that to the Giants.

Good stuff Nate. I agree, he's only worth it if he resigns.....and with that price tag, I think it's easy to assume he wouldn't be.

Giants are a weird team in this facet in that besides Short Stop (and getting rid of an obviously bad contract in Rowand), they don't have a need that is easy to fix via FA.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belt also plays the outfield and would not be blocked by Gonzales.:rolleyes:

I'm not sold on that though. When he plays more OF in the minors (if he has to), then maybe I'll be more convinced. But until then, I consider him soley as a 1B.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't want to give up Belt, period for anyone. His minor league stats thus far are VERY similar to Mark Teixera's at the same age. Like NatIsTheShi said, A-Gon is going to cost a ton pretty soon and Belt is going to be making around 400-450 K for at least 3 years before he is even arb. eligible.

Trading Belt would be the return of bad Sabean. I liked good Sabean this year.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good stuff Nate. I agree, he's only worth it if he resigns.....and with that price tag, I think it's easy to assume he wouldn't be.

Giants are a weird team in this facet in that besides Short Stop (and getting rid of an obviously bad contract in Rowand), they don't have a need that is easy to fix via FA.

Thank you, and yes this team's holes are patched so well that it's either going to be incredible or a disaster in 2011 (well the offense can be a disaster, the pitching will still be incredible.)

xxERICSMITHXX

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I love this idea.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Excuse the ignorance.....but you guys are talking about Colby Rasmus yeah?

Yes, I think that they are. He's undoubtedly a great young player and will only get better, but he might be a bit out of our price range as far as prospects go.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse the ignorance.....but you guys are talking about Colby Rasmus yeah?

Yes we would, I don't know of any other?

This kid's swing has 30+ HR power, he's athletic and very young. I would love to see him roaming our big alleys and peppering McCovey Cove.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we would, I don't know of any other?

This kid's swing has 30+ HR power, he's athletic and very young. I would love to see him roaming our big alleys and peppering McCovey Cove.

There is no other that I know of but I wanted to be sure.....I really only follow the Giants. I was just wondering because the Giants outfield is overloaded (although not with great players). I'd love to have Rasmus, I just don't know what price I'd pay.

Rasmus was on my fantasy team and was ridiculously hot and cold. I wonder what he'd cost if the Giants were interested. I had/have no idea what his skill set is defensively.....sounds like he's pretty good roaming the OF.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is no other that I know of but I wanted to be sure.....I really only follow the Giants. I was just wondering because the Giants outfield is overloaded (although not with great players). I'd love to have Rasmus, I just don't know what price I'd pay.

Rasmus was on my fantasy team and was ridiculously hot and cold. I wonder what he'd cost if the Giants were interested. I had/have no idea what his skill set is defensively.....sounds like he's pretty good roaming the OF.

I'm guessing that he wouldn't cost any prospects like Wheeler, just major league talent and guys who are close to being ready, not only that, but the deal would probably have to be very much in their favor for them to consider it. The last thing St. Louis wants to do is to show Pujols that they're going to rebuild and compete in a few years right before his contract runs out.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing that he wouldn't cost any prospects like Wheeler, just major league talent and guys who are close to being ready, not only that, but the deal would probably have to be very much in their favor for them to consider it. The last thing St. Louis wants to do is to show Pujols that they're going to rebuild and compete in a few years right before his contract runs out.

So Sanchez and Sandoval?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rasmus would be a great pickup. Normally he would cost a lot but with the Larussa feud that probably brigs the price tag down.

I'd offer them Jon Sanchez, Thomas Neal, and Tommy Joseph.