• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hypothetical...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams go Wentz #1 (Have to assume the trade up was for a QB)
Browns go Goff #2 (Still need a QB)
Chargers go Ramsey #3 (Lost their stud Safety in FA)

By far the best talent left on the board is Tunsil. Would Dallas even consider that?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I think about it there is no way the Chargers pass on Tunsil.
I think this trade just landed Dallas Ramsey... LUCKY BASTARDS!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I think Dallas would take Tunsil and yes I think SD will almost definitely take him and make it a moot point...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I think Dallas would take Tunsil and yes I think SD will almost definitely take him and make it a moot point...
Unless there's another trade in the top 3, I think either Wentz or Ramsey is on the board at 4. Either way, yes please

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless there's another trade in the top 3, I think either Wentz or Ramsey is on the board at 4. Either way, yes please
Interesting thought on Wentz. With no trade I don't see anyway Wentz and Goff don't with the first two picks. The Rams didn't trade up to #1 to take anything but QB and Cle just has to take a QB don't they?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thought on Wentz. With no trade I don't see anyway Wentz and Goff don't with the first two picks. The Rams didn't trade up to #1 to take anything but QB and Cle just has to take a QB don't they?
I think Cleveland takes Wentz. If I'm SD, even if I want Tunsil, I take the Cowboys 3rd round pick to let them move up one spot for Ramsey, or make it clear they will take him. I think the Cowboys would give their 3rd for their #1 guy

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cleveland takes Wentz. If I'm SD, even if I want Tunsil, I take the Cowboys 3rd round pick to let them move up one spot for Ramsey, or make it clear they will take him. I think the Cowboys would give their 3rd for their #1 guy
In that case I field offers for Tunsil, but Myles Jack in my back pocket.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we know Ramsey is their #1 guy? And even if he is it needs to be clear cut that they feel he is a better prospect than the next guy for them to give up an extra pick and I would be surprised if it is. I feel very comfortable we get a good player at #4. I listen to offers, but unless someone makes it worth our while I'm just making the pick.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we know Ramsey is their #1 guy? And even if he is it needs to be clear cut that they feel he is a better prospect than the next guy for them to give up an extra pick and I would be surprised if it is. I feel very comfortable we get a good player at #4. I listen to offers, but unless someone makes it worth our while I'm just making the pick.
I've heard Ramsey is their #1 and Wentz is top 3, probably the same unreliable sources most folks read. The wildcard to me is Elliott .The Cowboys are spending an awful lot of time on a guy that supposedly won't go at 4 but would be long gone by their second pick

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count on JJ to put his spin on it

Charean Willians of the Star-Telegram reports that the Cowboys are sending a contingent to Berkley to work out Cal QB Jared Goff this weekend.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones mentioned that the Rams’ decision to trade up to No. 1 overall will have an impact on them at No. 4 overall.

I don’t want to make any assumptions [on who the Rams will draft],” Jones said. “But yeah, it does impact [us], because that kind of movement up ahead of you in a lot of different ways, it took a lot of the consideration out of the marketplace. … It certainly made a difference below that No. 1 pick as to what might be available in trading or in terms of making a decision with a player. It took two commodities out.”

Jones added that taking a quarterback this year may not be their best option, especially if Tony Romo can play another four or five years at a reasonably high level.

“I can give you a real scenario where it can be pretty problematic if we do what we want to do, and that’s have Romo play fairly injury-free and uninterrupted for the next three, four, five years,” Jones said. “If he plays uninterrupted, then you’ve got a problem if you pick the quarterback this year, because you don’t know what you’ve got, really at a time when he may be entering the [free agent] market. There’s an example of that this year. And so that’s one of the things you weigh if you’re in our shoes about whether to get interested in a quarterback this early in Romo’s career. It can be distorted by the fact that he has had some injuries two of the last three years.

“It’s something that I don’t have the answer to right now. I’m really hoping that maybe just the dynamics of the draft, and the dynamics of the opportunity will help make this decision.”

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Jerry can talk about Romo playing fairly injury-free and uninterrupted for 5 years...:doh:
You just can't make this stuff up and when you think about this being the person with the final say on our players it just becomes sad. And then what was his plan for Johnny football two years ago??? He is just an idiot

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Jerry can talk about Romo playing fairly injury-free and uninterrupted for 5 years...:doh:
You just can't make this stuff up and when you think about this being the person with the final say on our players it just becomes sad. And then what was his plan for Johnny football two years ago??? He is just an idiot

or he is brilliant at double speak :D

I choose double speak and WTF its Jerry Jones

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
romo will not play for 5 more years
wentz wont b there but if he is I take him
If its between Ramsey and Tunsil damn I pull my hair out field offers and take Tunsil to replace smith at the end of his contract and promise Rod we are drafting defense the rest of the draft when Romo gets hurt we are in the hunt for a QB again

WTH this just got complicated

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
romo will not play for 5 more years
wentz wont b there but if he is I take him
If its between Ramsey and Tunsil damn I pull my hair out field offers and take Tunsil to replace smith at the end of his contract and promise Rod we are drafting defense the rest of the draft when Romo gets hurt we are in the hunt for a QB again

WTH this just got complicated

you could maybe trade down and take Zeke and wear out the defense on the other side 2 many options to see just now

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im happy with Zeke, Jack, or Ramsey. I really want Zeke the most. I don't even think you can trade back further S.F. because I don't see philly and N.Y. passing on him

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or he is brilliant at double speak :D

I choose double speak and WTF its Jerry Jones
Oh he is good at double-speak of course, but it's not intentional. He just forgets what he said the day before...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you could maybe trade down and take Zeke and wear out the defense on the other side 2 many options to see just now
Great comment. To me that sums it up. We have so many options and so many opportunities to get a good player at so many different positions. If our scouts do a good job and our "brain trust" does the right thing with the info they are provided we will be happy with the early part of this draft. There really is no wrong or right answer because there isn't just one player that can help this team. I just hope everyone takes a breadth and remembers a lot of picks don't play too much year one and if we go with a guy like Wentz and Romo has a couple of healthy seasons it doesn't mean it was a bad pick. You don't buy life insurance hoping to die...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find myself teetering between ramsey and elliot. Jacks knee seems like a gamble at 4. I just don't like bosa or buckner at 4. Cleveland is so stupid and bad that I could see them pass on a qb.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant say I know much about Buckner but before the combine he was being mocked in the 20's. It seems like theres a looooong history of guys who draft status rose after the combine and failed. If he is a top 5 pick he would have earned that on the field... not at the combine.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T
Count on JJ to put his spin on it

Charean Willians of the Star-Telegram reports that the Cowboys are sending a contingent to Berkley to work out Cal QB Jared Goff this weekend.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones mentioned that the Rams’ decision to trade up to No. 1 overall will have an impact on them at No. 4 overall.

I don’t want to make any assumptions [on who the Rams will draft],” Jones said. “But yeah, it does impact [us], because that kind of movement up ahead of you in a lot of different ways, it took a lot of the consideration out of the marketplace. … It certainly made a difference below that No. 1 pick as to what might be available in trading or in terms of making a decision with a player. It took two commodities out.”

Jones added that taking a quarterback this year may not be their best option, especially if Tony Romo can play another four or five years at a reasonably high level.

“I can give you a real scenario where it can be pretty problematic if we do what we want to do, and that’s have Romo play fairly injury-free and uninterrupted for the next three, four, five years,” Jones said. “If he plays uninterrupted, then you’ve got a problem if you pick the quarterback this year, because you don’t know what you’ve got, really at a time when he may be entering the [free agent] market. There’s an example of that this year. And so that’s one of the things you weigh if you’re in our shoes about whether to get interested in a quarterback this early in Romo’s career. It can be distorted by the fact that he has had some injuries two of the last three years.

“It’s something that I don’t have the answer to right now. I’m really hoping that maybe just the dynamics of the draft, and the dynamics of the opportunity will help make this decision.”

The best part of this for me is jj says"...this early in Romos career..."
:scratch: