• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hypo 2

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltran for Rowand?

Beltran is owed $18.5mil for the upcoming season.

Rowand is owed $24mil for the next two seasons ($12 each I believe).

Thoughts? Ridicule? :)

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltran for Rowand?

Beltran is owed $18.5mil for the upcoming season.

Rowand is owed $24mil for the next two seasons ($12 each I believe).

Thoughts? Ridicule? :)

Not a bad idea, and very much in keeping with hot stove league discussion. Financially, we'd be "buying out" Rowand for $6.5MM in 2012 -- doable, and there is some upside to that.

From a performance standpoint, Beltran would be a starter (projected 847 OPS, 373 wOBA, 274 avg) whereas Gamer would be a reserve (737, 314, 257). Defensively, Rowand is a little above average whereas Beltran is below average.

If we did the deal, we'd hide Beltran in LF (Torres in CF, Ross in RF) and we'd have no need for Burrell. That means that Nate would make the team and Belt could be a backup 1b/fourth OF until ready to take over for Huffy full time. The only downside would be playing Beltran in LF, Torres in CF and Huff in RF although that wouldn't be horrific.

I'd do the deal, but I just can't see why the Mets would. Rowand is pretty bad now.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad idea, and very much in keeping with hot stove league discussion. Financially, we'd be "buying out" Rowand for $6.5MM in 2012 -- doable, and there is some upside to that.

From a performance standpoint, Beltran would be a starter (projected 847 OPS, 373 wOBA, 274 avg) whereas Gamer would be a reserve (737, 314, 257). Defensively, Rowand is a little above average whereas Beltran is below average.

If we did the deal, we'd hide Beltran in LF (Torres in CF, Ross in RF) and we'd have no need for Burrell. That means that Nate would make the team and Belt could be a backup 1b/fourth OF until ready to take over for Huffy full time. The only downside would be playing Beltran in LF, Torres in CF and Huff in RF although that wouldn't be horrific.

I'd do the deal, but I just can't see why the Mets would. Rowand is pretty bad now.

Yeah, the Giants would have to sweeten the pot a little I'm sure. And at that point, it's probably not really worth it (even if it was only a b-level prospect going with Rowand the other way).

I'm not sure because I haven't seen many Mets games over the past 3 years or so, but Beltran would probably be a + defender in left wouldn't he? Or has he declined that much due to injury?

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living in NY and seeing all the daily press about the Mets and Yanks I don't see this happening. Beltran was picked up and made the centerpiece for that team for years to come. I think it was 170M over 10 years at the time. He was hurt much of last year, so it's hard to get a read on his value. But, Rowand for Beltran I seriously doubt. We'd have to sweeten the pot to some extent or get very creative. Maybe something along the lines of Rowand, Sanchez and Pablo for Beltran and Wright

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Giants would have to sweeten the pot a little I'm sure. And at that point, it's probably not really worth it (even if it was only a b-level prospect going with Rowand the other way).

I'm not sure because I haven't seen many Mets games over the past 3 years or so, but Beltran would probably be a + defender in left wouldn't he? Or has he declined that much due to injury?

He's lost a lot in my opinion. He's below average now. Not horrible, but below average. Worse than Burrell. (but better than Uselez)

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living in NY and seeing all the daily press about the Mets and Yanks I don't see this happening. Beltran was picked up and made the centerpiece for that team for years to come. I think it was 170M over 10 years at the time. He was hurt much of last year, so it's hard to get a read on his value. But, Rowand for Beltran I seriously doubt. We'd have to sweeten the pot to some extent or get very creative. Maybe something along the lines of Rowand, Sanchez and Pablo for Beltran and Wright

I don't see the Mets dealing Wright...unless Cain was coming back their way.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Mets dealing Wright...unless Cain was coming back their way.

Yeah - wishful thinking on my part. A possibility could be Reyes. They seem to be somewhat unsure about him at the moment. But, there is something about his 'character' that I can't seem to quite get a hold on. I almost felt that he bailed on the team the year before and had all sort of strange medical issues this year. A great top of the order guy though

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - wishful thinking on my part. A possibility could be Reyes. They seem to be somewhat unsure about him at the moment. But, there is something about his 'character' that I can't seem to quite get a hold on. I almost felt that he bailed on the team the year before and had all sort of strange medical issues this year. A great top of the order guy though

The problem with Reyes is his defense, although 2010 may have been an aberration. Otherwise, I'd like to see him in orange and black.