• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huge UFC weekend

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big time weekend for UFC and honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more pub. Wednesday was the first day I actually saw promos for all the events. You'd think they'd promote the hell out of this.

Friday night (on FS1) is the TUF finale headlined by Frankie Edgar vs Chad Mendes with the winner likely setting themselves up for a Featherweight title shot.

Saturday on PPV is the big show. Connor McGregor vs Jose Aldo for the Featherweight title and Chris Weidman vs Luke Rockhold for the Middleweight title

And that's just the top of the cards. There's a number of solid undercard match ups as well

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utter destruction by Rose in the main event tonight. Paige wasn't ready for the step up in competition.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankie!!!!

Edgar KO's Chad Mendes in the 1st.

Very good show tonight. Hopefully the PPV can match it

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SWEET JESUS MCGREGOR DID IT! KO'd ALDO 10 SECONDS IN

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, unbelievable.

Also, Rockhold TKO'd Weidman in the 4th in a very good fight. Saw some people complaining that it should have been stopped in the 3rd but I thought Weidman was still defending intelligently

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it should have been stopped, but it didn't matter. Weidman looked completely outmatched, and Rockhold clearly wasn't 100%. I have no real interest in a rematch. Rockhold-Romero could be interesting...for one round.

Overall, a good card, that went largely as expected. I'm curious to see who Maia fights next. He's a lot more interesting at Welterweight than he was at Middleweight (even if it precludes Maia-Souza).

Aldo-McGregor going the way it did was unfortunate. A perfectly timed and placed punch to win the belt, but frankly, can't say we learned anything from it. McGregor's power was a given and Aldo got caught. It happens.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I could have done without Rockholds whining. Its rare that any fighter goes 6 weeks before a fight without getting hurt, sick or both. I thought the fight was dead even till Weidman tried that absurd kick. Rematch would be a great fight IMO

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had another show tonight on FOX. Cowboy Cerrone has been tearing up the Lightweight Division but Dos Anjos lit him up in the 1st round like he was some jabroni off the street. Not shocked that Dos Anjos won but damn, I did not expect that. The fight lasted a little over a minute

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had another show tonight on FOX. Cowboy Cerrone has been tearing up the Lightweight Division but Dos Anjos lit him up in the 1st round like he was some jabroni off the street. Not shocked that Dos Anjos won but damn, I did not expect that. The fight lasted a little over a minute
Its really odd, Dana MADE Cerrone take time off. He got on his 8 fight win streak by staying in the moment, constantly training and being ready for any and every opportunity. I did not agree with the decision in the Benson Henderson fight, he did not dominate, but that one put him on the title hunt. Then instead of allowing Cerrone to keep fighting, Dana shuts him down and he paid in the first round.

Really did not think Cerrone expected it to be stopped at that point, did not seem like he realized how much time was left, but even that guest commentator thought he was still defending himself enough.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboy has a bad habit of starting fights slowly. Dos Anjos jumped all over him early and capitalized.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dos Anjos fought a great fight. He landed a solid kick and was all over Cerrone with punches after he hurt him. Cerrone is very tough to finish. The fight shows how dominant Dos Anjos is.