• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Howard Lincoln Speaks

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that and was disgusted by two remarks.

1. His remarks about expecting to be competitive but no shot at the WS. We as fans or local media etc. know that but the organization that is struggling for fans should be ever speaking about their goal is mediocrity. Even if its a bold face lie the organization should always public ally state a championship regardless of world series or even just the division as the goal.

2. Hiring Jack for his talent evaluation. He was hired to be a GM, if it is all about his eye for talent the assistant GM, director of scouting, director of talent evaluation or development should have been his role. A general manager job is to make the big club better with an eye on the future not the other way around.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you sell this team to fans? If two fans were standing here right now and asked, ‘Why should we spend our money to go see your product?’ What do you tell them?

Howie's Answer:

#1) Safeco is a swell, wholesome ballpark (devoted about 125 words to this)

#2) The young "talent" will grow (devoted a whole 45 words to this....and never explicated what the talent will "grow" into. I'm thinking a stinking, rotting chrysalis of futility)

#3) To watch Felix (devoted 170 words to this)

In short, out of 350 words devoted to answering the question, a little more than 10% of it had to do with the baseball team.

Exactly what I would expect, and obviously, it's enough to keep the bottom line attractive for Nintendo. The TV deal adds another guaranteed $100 million/year for a couple of decades. Congrats to the M's owners and HowChuck for turning this franchise into a huge joke while still making enough money off of it to stay all smiles.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot, loved his answered on humility that the past few years have been humbling, like the 8 years before that were just amazing. Guess 30,000 people a game with no playoffs equals success but 2 years with drawing under 2 million fans equal humility.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes you realize why he doesnt say much. Whenever he opens his mouth only stupid things come out. Although unless he said he was resigning or firing Chuck nothing he said would have gone over well with fans.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GAHHHHH! I couldn't read the whole thing. After the first thing he said, my BS detector went off the charts and got fried!

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you sell this team to fans? If two fans were standing here right now and asked, ‘Why should we spend our money to go see your product?’ What do you tell them?

Howie's Answer:

#1) Safeco is a swell, wholesome ballpark (devoted about 125 words to this)

#2) The young "talent" will grow (devoted a whole 45 words to this....and never explicated what the talent will "grow" into. I'm thinking a stinking, rotting chrysalis of futility)

#3) To watch Felix (devoted 170 words to this)

In short, out of 350 words devoted to answering the question, a little more than 10% of it had to do with the baseball team.

Exactly what I would expect, and obviously, it's enough to keep the bottom line attractive for Nintendo. The TV deal adds another guaranteed $100 million/year for a couple of decades. Congrats to the M's owners and HowChuck for turning this franchise into a huge joke while still making enough money off of it to stay all smiles.
Well, cezero, we can always look at it this way:

If, by some freak chance, he finds himself out of baseball, he would be just perfect for politics.