• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How much preseason do you watch and how important do you think it is?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch preseason because I need a football fix, besides good to see the guys on the bubble give their best. Once in a while you see a player and go...."that guy going do alright ". Course always great when the regular season gets here and wins and lose s count.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch preseason because I need a football fix, besides good to see the guys on the bubble give their best. Once in a while you see a player and go...."that guy going do alright ". Course always great when the regular season gets here and wins and lose s count.

I forgot about that aspect of it...At this point I feel like I am going stir crazy with 0 actual football having been played for months. OTA information is ok but it is a bunch of guys running around in shorts. Might as well call that flag football. Lots of guys can shine in that type of situation. At least Preseason we finally get to see them strap it up and go at it. They are not usually pretty games with so many players moving in and out of games and so many guys that stand no chance of actually making the roster but at least it is football. The only thing that I hate about preseason is the injuries. Even to the guys that most likely won't make the roster to see them go down during one of these games is hard to watch. It is why honestly I would rather the starters play as little as possible. We know they are making the roster so why put them out there longer than you have to? Give the guys who are on the bubble the greatest chance and let them play their hearts out.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Gronk in pre-season games his rookie year. I was going nuts. It was so fun thinking what this guy would do when the season started. For awhile, I was the only one who knew what we had drafted in Gronkowski, Or so it seemed. The look on the opponents faces when he dragged defenders into the end-zone from 11 yards out!!!!!

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll typically watch Charger preseason games for the first couple of quarters. This year I'm very interested in how the O line is going to operate, espcially Fluker. Melvin Gordon was a great addition for us, but if the O line cannot tighten up and break open holes, were are doomed to another 8-8 or 9-7.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch all of the Lions preseason games. I occassionally watch others if there's nothing else on or I'm, say, waiting for something else to come on or workign around the house while it's on.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch to see how well the 1st team is generally executing on offense. I watch to see the young guys performing.

Rarely even notice the score.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be honest, it's ok to admit that you are in cold turkey mode. The preseason is close, hold on every one.

I watch some here and there, as much as I can stand just to satisfy my football addiction....
But until it's serious, and we know who is actually on our team, it's pretty useless to me....
Game 3 is usually most interesting, because of the starters play, but I think scrimmages would be just as effective and much safer for the players instead of 4 useless, dangerous games for them...
I'm for the 2 pre and 18 games season myself, am I the lone wolf on here ?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch it for many of the reason previously stated. I will watch the first game mostly to see the team in uniform again.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the itch to watch some preseason for the first week or two and then it wears off and I'm just ready for the regular season to begin