• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How much preseason do you watch and how important do you think it is?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be honest, it's ok to admit that you are in cold turkey mode. The preseason is close, hold on every one.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wins and losses are meaningless. Unless you are the Jets and those are the only games you'll win.

I enjoy preseason to get to know the oversized roster and to understand:
1) who'll be on the 53,
2) who will be called up from the PS
3) who is redundant and cut for courtesy,
4) most importantly, what have the new guys got......

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wins and losses are meaningless. Unless you are the Jets and those are the only games you'll win.

I enjoy preseason to get to know the oversized roster and to understand:
1) who'll be on the 53,
2) who will be called up from the PS
3) who is redundant and cut for courtesy,
4) most importantly, what have the new guys got......

Excellent!

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually watch about 120 minutes worth of preseason football over 4 games. Mainly games 2 & 3. If there seems to be some good roster battles going into game 4, I'll will watch some of those players closely in the last game.

Since Arizona moved training camp to their home stadium area which is 10 minutes from my house, I usually go to a few open practices each year.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch as much as I can. I like to see the young kids perform, or certain rookies on different teams. It also gives me a look at some sleepers in FF that might get a chance down the road. I add them to my watch list and see how they do. I love football, so I watch it all; NFL, College, HS.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually watch about 120 minutes worth of preseason football over 4 games. Mainly games 2 & 3. If there seems to be some good roster battles going into game 4, I'll will watch some of those players closely in the last game.

Since Arizona moved training camp to their home stadium area which is 10 minutes from my house, I usually go to a few open practices each year.

I get to watch few too, nothing to write home about, but it get the wheel's churning, for sure.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I watched 3 of the games last year, but mainly paid attention the first half.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch them,

1) See if training camp went well and guys are firing on all cylinders
2) its football, i'll watch
3) See the rooks
4) check out position battles
5) see those out of no where guys emerge
6) see who looks old, or like they are a bust draft pick
7) gauge talent for the season

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm an NFL junkie so i love it although its like a huge tease you have to wait an extra month to get the real thing.

1. Watch the new guys. Didn't take me long in 2008 to figure out this new guy Chris Johnson was a fast sonofagun.

2. Gauge the talent of the new guys

3. Look over the vets

4. Watch for the busts and players ain't worth a flip.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm an NFL junkie so i love it although its like a huge tease you have to wait an extra month to get the real thing.

1. Watch the new guys. Didn't take me long in 2008 to figure out this new guy Chris Johnson was a fast sonofagun.

2. Gauge the talent of the new guys

3. Look over the vets

4. Watch for the busts and players ain't worth a flip.

the combine and college should of told you that!

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the combine and college should of told you that!

When i first got into football in the mid 80's in 1985 i picked Raiders and Steelers as my teams because Tennessee had no team. I happen to become a fan right in the Mark Malone era,lol. I missed the glory days. Steelers had a WR back then his name was Louie Lipps,lol. I rooted heavily for Pitt once they finally made a Super Bowl in '96 and they lost to Dallas. What was crazy was in 1999 i became a one team man and became a Tennessee Titans fan from day one and the backup QB was Neil O'Donnell from the '96 Steelers.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch them,

1) See if training camp went well and guys are firing on all cylinders
2) its football, i'll watch
3) See the rooks
4) check out position battles
5) see those out of no where guys emerge
6) see who looks old, or like they are a bust draft pick
7) gauge talent for the season

:agree:

I especially like seeing the young guy's play, trying to get roster spots...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris can't out-run bullets!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch them all, but the 2nd and especially the 3rd games are always the ones you use as a gauge for whose making the roster. The Seahawks this year, you already know most who are making it, so it's not going to be that eventful.

But Pete Carroll always loves total competition in the camps and preseason, so there is always a few surprises.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....the third preseason game has most of the starters for a half/three quarters,.....other than that = ((yawn))...!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch it. It's pro ball. It's important for the depth guys. Not the starters.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but i wasn't entirely convinced until i saw him doing it against NFL players then i knew he was legit.

I had a pretty similar lightbulb moment watching Travis Kelce run away from Bengals DB's this past preseason. I had always heard a lot of hype (Gronk type hype) about him, I just asumed it was homer talk until I saw that. Went out and put up some excellent numbers in the real season without being 100% coming off of micro-fracture surgery. Granted, this play was against backups, but um, wow- it got my attention.

kelce.0.gif

DaRev

Hoopla Cash
$ 983.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest I only like the preseason to watch my favorite college players who will never get much actual pt. Like Jordan Lynch and Johnny Manzeil

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest and say I watch a bunch. I actually am one that orders the NFL Preseason package online where it allows you to watch the games right after they happen since most are not on local tv. The nice thing for preseason is the final score matters very little. Heck honestly even the starters playing because it is so vanilla and a lot of times they are working on things just to see how they do and see what they want to keep for the season and what they don't is not really what I care about. For me it is all about the individual battles. I love to go back and watch certain players that especially after reading reports from camp to see if it is all hype or whether it has actually carried over to the field.

I would also say for the Broncos at least right now this upcoming preseason has some big implications in we have Brock Osweiler getting his chance to show whether he deserves a shot at being the Broncos franchise QB or whether to start looking elsewhere. So that to me will be big to watch in preseason this year.

Another area unique for the Broncos is they have had an UDFA Rookie make the team every year for I can't remember how many but it is the longest in the NFL. So they are known for finding that unknown guy and making him quickly a hometown hero. Just this past year the Broncos had two they found in the last 4 years that made it to the Pro Bowl in CJ Anderson and Chris Harris.

As another said I do watch some of the other games mostly for Fantasy Football reasons. The FF Guru guys always have their sleepers or hidden gems so always like to give them a quick look to see if they are worth drafting in the later rounds.