• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

how much of a trap game is nc state for fsu?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With NC State coming of a bye week and a loss to Wake Forest I wouldn't be at all surprised if FSU lost this game considering they just played Clemson and have Miami after that.

NC State will probably play their best, FSU will probably not be able to match the intensity State will have. FSU should be able to win anyway but State, with Brandon Mitchell, could give them a tough test considering the circumstances.

Your joking right? A QB with 3 pass attempts this year?

Let me set the scene for people. October 26th is the day that the GREAT Bobby Bowden returns to FSU. It is Bobby Bowden day. I do not see any lack of intensity due to this.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU has a chance to play in the NC game. They will not lose to an overwhelmed NC State team. An interesting situation is FSU could end up playing Miami twice. Sometimes it's hard to beat the same team twice in one year.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting situation is FSU could end up playing Miami twice. Sometimes it's hard to beat the same team twice in one year.

Yep, looks pretty clear the winner of the VT @ Miami game plays FSU in the ACC Championship Game in Charlotte, North Carolina at the Carolina Panthers' stadium. That would be pretty cool seeing FSU v Miami again

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping Miami can do it (nothing personal FSU I'm sure you get it) but after seeing them miracle a win last week vs a bad NC team I don't have much faith.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping Miami can do it (nothing personal FSU I'm sure you get it) but after seeing them miracle a win last week vs a bad NC team I don't have much faith.

Not taken as such. But what you and others have not yet seen would be the irony of FSU playing the very FIRST and the very LAST BCS NCG. Would be nice to pull off. All we can do is play our games and win them in convincing fashion and see where the chips lay at the end of the season. If we do that and do not get into the NCG I will be disappointed, but not go suicidal like your fellow Duck. I will just hope for a good matchup in the Orange Bowl.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your joking right? A QB with 3 pass attempts this year?

Let me set the scene for people. October 26th is the day that the GREAT Bobby Bowden returns to FSU. It is Bobby Bowden day. I do not see any lack of intensity due to this.

What's your point? He's better than they've had. They're gonna come out focused, and wanting a win way more than FSU and with the new qb they're going to believe they have a chance to shock the world. And, FSU is going to overlook them, IMO. FSU should still win the game, but if they don't I won't be shocked....

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:tsk:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your point? He's better than they've had. They're gonna come out focused, and wanting a win way more than FSU and with the new qb they're going to believe they have a chance to shock the world. And, FSU is going to overlook them, IMO. FSU should still win the game, but if they don't I won't be shocked....

You sure are assuming a lot about FSU aren't you? Every team member remembers the debacle at NC State last year and have VOWED to not let it happen again. I honestly expect what happened two years ago if not worse. Remember FSU lost to NC State in 2010 and then in 2011 FSU beat them 34-0. This is what I am seeing if not even more scoring by FSU.

Also how do you know he is better than what they have had? He has played exactly in one game this year that being the first game. He also has only played in 9 games in 4 season and only in clean up duty. He may be pumped, but has never seen a defense like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a trap game. Let's not forget FSU struggled to beat a shitty BC team a few weeks ago. However, this game is at home. I think FSU rolls....

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that fantastic win in Death Valley, I suspect that the FSU players feel a sense of coming together into a great football team. I really don't see them missing a beat all the way to the NC game. However, Oregon has a chance to jump them depending on how the power schedule plays out. This is one year that cries our for a 4 team playoff: Alabama, Oregon, Ohio State, and FSU. If all these teams win out, it is not fair for any of them to be dismissed from the NC game. Sure hope someone makes it happen.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Post:

During the
Seminoles’ first nine years in the
conference, they went 70-2 (that’s not a
typo) in ACC play. In those days it was
said that the ACC consisted of Florida
State, the seven dwarfs and Duke —
which aspired to be a dwarf.
Now? Welcome back to Florida State
and, well, the 13 dwarfs — Duke having
finally reached dwarfdom under Coach
David Cutcliffe.

Florida State is a BCS title contender, but rest of ACC football trails in its wake - The Washington Post

During that 70-2 run, the first team to beat FSU was NC State. There was a time when it seemed like the Wolfpack were the only ones who could beat them. Out of all the pre-expansion members, NC State has the best record against the noles, 7-14. Hell, Duke STILL hasn't beaten them since the 1992 merger: 0-18.

All that said, FSU wins this one by about 20.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During that 70-2 run, the first team to beat FSU was NC State. There was a time when it seemed like the Wolfpack were the only ones who could beat them. Out of all the pre-expansion members, NC State has the best record against the noles, 7-14. Hell, Duke STILL hasn't beaten them since the 1992 merger: 0-18.

All that said, FSU wins this one by about 20.

Difference is, once the ACC brought in competition, FSU disappeared. They have a damn good team now, but this is VT's conference. I'm ready for FSU vs. VT; that's going to be a good one.....

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if they came out a little flat in the first quarter.They roll after that even if they come out flat. No way NC St keeps up with them.