• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Linehan Uses Zeke, Dak, and Dez

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize it's only been one game. But it seems, that Linehan doesn't have a clue.

The majority of Zeke's runs came out of the shotgun....It brings back memories, of how the Eagles, used Demarco Murray. The biggest gain by Zeke, (an 8 yard TD) was out of the I Formation. I believe Alfred Morris had a 5 yard average.....all runs were out of the I Formation......Dorsett and EMMITT Had a good career out of the I FORMATION

Dak moves well.......but for god's sakes, lose the read option......QBs get hurt.....Dak needs to learn the QB position, from the pro stand point ......not the University of Texas. ask RG3 or Kaepernick

And it seems that Linehan seems to put Dez Bryant as wide out permanently. Move Dez to the slot......
Put Dez in motion.....There are a lot of ways to get a WR open.

And if Linehan wants to throw deep.....early in the game....1st down....... I Formation.......
.play action pass.......fake to Zeke......throw deep to Dez..

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has to do with Dak's comfort in a pro-base offense, I-formation and turning your back to half the field during your drop back and during play action. I think he will get there, like you said its been one game. Give it time, give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt. They are trying to build him up gradually. This also affects Zeke and that he has had to adjust a bit too. Right now Dak is the main focus, but once he gets comfortable with the whole offense, the light switch will turn on and it should be a beautiful thing to watch unfold.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has to do with Dak's comfort in a pro-base offense, I-formation and turning your back to half the field during your drop back and during play action. I think he will get there, like you said its been one game. Give it time, give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt. They are trying to build him up gradually. This also affects Zeke and that he has had to adjust a bit too. Right now Dak is the main focus, but once he gets comfortable with the whole offense, the light switch will turn on and it should be a beautiful thing to watch unfold.
Exactly
And we ran our share of shot gun runs with Murray too and if you compare the two runners Zeke is faster and shiftier so hi out of the shotgun gives him a little more space to operate in. The line didn't do their job Sunday. I'm all for a power running game with this line and say it over and over, but let's hold off on the absolute judgements after such a small sample size

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RunnING zeke out of shotgun did not work. Now maybe it doe's against a less talented defense. It was a bad game plan. Cowboys won't win 5 games if they don't change that

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize it's only been one game. But it seems, that Linehan doesn't have a clue.

The majority of Zeke's runs came out of the shotgun....It brings back memories, of how the Eagles, used Demarco Murray. The biggest gain by Zeke, (an 8 yard TD) was out of the I Formation. I believe Alfred Morris had a 5 yard average.....all runs were out of the I Formation......Dorsett and EMMITT Had a good career out of the I FORMATION

Dak moves well.......but for god's sakes, lose the read option......QBs get hurt.....Dak needs to learn the QB position, from the pro stand point ......not the University of Texas. ask RG3 or Kaepernick

And it seems that Linehan seems to put Dez Bryant as wide out permanently. Move Dez to the slot......
Put Dez in motion.....There are a lot of ways to get a WR open.

And if Linehan wants to throw deep.....early in the game....1st down....... I Formation.......
.play action pass.......fake to Zeke......throw deep to Dez..

1) can't play to not get hurt. That is how you get hurt
2) Giants will end up with having one of the best DL in the league when the year is over. Zeke had to help out, couldn't be used the way we hope.
3) Zeke and Dak are rookies. Feet are now wet, the reigns can loosen a little bit.
4) Dez just doesn't have the speed or ability to shake a top defender. He can't get himself open. his strength is going and fighting for the ball, and that requires trust from your QB that you can win the toss up. Dak and Dez have to develop that trust that Romo had with Dez, where he could just throw it to the right spot and rely on Dez to go get it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RunnING zeke out of shotgun did not work. Now maybe it doe's against a less talented defense. It was a bad game plan. Cowboys won't win 5 games if they don't change that

Well we have 4 against PHL and WAS combined, so maybe we can manhandle the bad DL's and get to 5 wins. I'm sure there is one more bad DL on our schedule somewhere. :dhd:

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Read Option does not work in the NFL.......It's a trick or treat play for college teams who don't exactly play teams or players, who have elite NFL talent. It didn't work for RG lll , it didn't work for Kaepernick, and even Russell Wilson and Seattle don't use it much, if at all. (maybe on the goal line) If the COWBOYS really want to develop Dak, they will teach him to be a pro, drop back, QB.........like Aikman or Staubach or Romo.......Trick offenses don't work in the NFL..........
see also The Philadelphia Eagles and Chip Kelly........Washington Redskins and Steve Spurrier.....

and even Cam Newton got his bell rung, running the football........against Denver

Throwing from the pocket, with a high completion percentage, is a big deal and makes a great NFL QB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Read Option does not work in the NFL.......It's a trick or treat play for college teams who don't exactly play teams or players, who have elite NFL talent. It didn't work for RG lll , it didn't work for Kaepernick, and even Russell Wilson and Seattle don't use it much, if at all. (maybe on the goal line) If the COWBOYS really want to develop Dak, they will teach him to be a pro, drop back, QB.........like Aikman or Staubach or Romo.......Trick offenses don't work in the NFL..........
see also The Philadelphia Eagles and Chip Kelly........Washington Redskins and Steve Spurrier.....

and even Cam Newton got his bell rung, running the football........against Denver

Throwing from the pocket, with a high completion percentage, is a big deal and makes a great NFL QB.
Well the read option sure seems to have worked well against the Cowboys over the last 4 years or so

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the read option sure seems to have worked well against the Cowboys over the last 4 years or so

You'd have to show me who and when.......

and before Romo was hurt in ....2015

The COWBOYS vs RG111........4 wins 2 losses
The COWBOYS vs Chip Kelly...3 Wins 3 Losses

The fact is, the read option has not worked in the NFL, on a regular and consistent basis......
Teaching a young QB to understand coverages and make decisions, is far more important than running trick or treat plays to get a QB seriously hurt.....
I can't remember any QBs in the pro football Hall of fame, who ran the read option on a regular basis.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sayingPhill
Well we have 4 against PHL and WAS combined, so maybe we can manhandle the bad DL's and get to 5 wins. I'm sure there is one more bad DL on our schedule somewhere. :dhd:

The Eagles have one of the best DLines in the NFL fordman84.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's been one game.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The read option play can get a QB injured very quickly.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

images

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd have to show me who and when.......

and before Romo was hurt in ....2015

The COWBOYS vs RG111........4 wins 2 losses
The COWBOYS vs Chip Kelly...3 Wins 3 Losses

The fact is, the read option has not worked in the NFL, on a regular and consistent basis......
Teaching a young QB to understand coverages and make decisions, is far more important than running trick or treat plays to get a QB seriously hurt.....
I can't remember any QBs in the pro football Hall of fame, who ran the read option on a regular basis.
That's the best you have? That QBs from long gone eras didn't run it and that we were an amazing 7-5 against two teams that weren't really good teams as if that says how we handled that portion of the game? Do you not remember the game against Washington when RGIII and Morris basically bitch slapped us all over the field? Where Ware had no clue what to do and was crashing down out of desperation and leaving the end uncovered.

And what do those dozen or so plays a game have to do with "Teaching a young QB to understand coverages and make decisions"? That doesn't even make sense. Who said if you run the read option that you can't also do that?

I'm not a huge fan of the read option in general in the NFL, but your point that it "doesn't work" while being a fan of the Cowboys is interesting...Teams should use what works for their team. No two teams or QBs are alike. For Dallas to run the read option with Romo would obviously be silly. He wouldn't last 3 plays and would lose yards every time. That doesn't mean it won't work at times (not as a base offense) for other teams. With Dak as our QB we are wasting some of his talents if we don't let him run the ball a little. Read options are great on 3rd and short and we also need to let him scramble a little like RW does. If we try to run the offense like we needed to with Romo's limited ability to move we are just being dumb. But that in no way means he should be running the ball 10-12 times a game either.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Al Gore invented the internet... :D

Obviously you do t know the Eagles very well. They have a lot of holes but they have a top 5 Dline. Fletcher Cox thrives against the Cowboys too.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you do t know the Eagles very well. They have a lot of holes but they have a top 5 Dline. Fletcher Cox thrives against the Cowboys too.
That's just your opinion. The Eagles don't definitively have a top 5 DLine. Really no evidence whatsoever to support it. The Texans, Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs, Rams, Giants, Seahawks, Dolphins, Titans, all have outstanding DLines. To say the Eagles are definitively top 5 shows your homerism. And it again exemplifies you pushing your Eagle homerism into the face of Cowboy fans on a Cowboy message board.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yawning:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just your opinion. The Eagles don't definitively have a top 5 DLine. Really no evidence whatsoever to support it. The Texans, Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs, Rams, Giants, Seahawks, Dolphins, Titans, all have outstanding DLines. To say the Eagles are definitively top 5 shows your homerism. And it again exemplifies you pushing your Eagle homerism into the face of Cowboy fans on a Cowboy message board.
Maybe the mods should give ncmalko a timeout for trolling our board.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jeez. They suck in so many areas but their DLine is stacked. I need to go find the SI article that had them either a 3rd or 4th. How visit homerism when I post we have the worst WR in the league. No CBs either. I predicted them to come in last but me and others having them as a top Dline means in a homer. OK dude, we suck everywhere.