• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How do you like me now?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But a call in week 16 is not the same as a call that cost a trip to the Super Bowl. Can you think of one example of a coach standing up and saying "yeah that bad all in the end zone really helped us out"? Yeah me neither.

Not comparing the significance of the games...the missed call was blatant on both accounts was my point. One coach handled it like a professional. one didn't.

You never see a HC go off the deep end about a missed call like that either...inciting an entire fan base...that was a joke.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed....might have to grade on a curve being a Falcon fan and all.

If I were a Saints fan, I'd never forget an outrageous non call that kept us from the SB and would hope my coach wouldn't either.

Never is a long time...What good does it do you?

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate gruden but give him his props

Gruden is COY so far. Hands down

Gruden is not a bad coach. The average idiot fan thinks everyone is terrible at what they do. Every coach is bad, every announcer is bad, hell even every movie and tv show is bad. I vouched for Gruden for the Packers job and everyone laughed.
Which Gruden?

Sadly, the “Gruden Bowl” can’t take place this year. So much for the 78214:1 starting odds... :(

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not comparing the significance of the games...the missed call was blatant on both accounts was my point. One coach handled it like a professional. one didn't.

That's because there has never been such a bad missed call that cost a team a trip to the Super Bowl before. Again his reaction was entirely understandable and if it was your team and your coach given the magnitude of that game I'm pretty sure you would want him to speak up and not just take it.

But I get it, as fans we don't need much of a reason to love or hate a team, player or coach. We all do it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because there has never been such a bad missed call that cost a team a trip to the Super Bowl before. Again his reaction was entirely understandable and if it was your team and your coach given the magnitude of that game I'm pretty sure you would want him to speak up and not just take it.

But I get it, as fans we don't need much of a reason to love or hate a team, player or coach. We all do it.

Fair points, but he did far more than just speak up. Even though I think he handled that like a bitch...I've long given Payton props for being a good HC.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair points, but he did far more than just speak up. Even though I think he handled that like a bitch...I've long given Payton props for being a good HC.
Never mind despite the bad call (and, yes, it was awful) the Saints were still allowed to stop the Rams from scoring, score themselves in OT, then stop the Rams from scoring again in OT.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind despite the bad call (and, yes, it was awful) the Saints were still allowed to stop the Rams from scoring, score themselves in OT, then stop the Rams from scoring again in OT.

That's really what makes him look so bad...after the bad call, they still had opportunities to win the game and didn't.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's really what makes him look so bad...after the bad call, they still had opportunities to win the game and didn't.

And the whole thing gives old boy a pass with his bad play calling down the stretch.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never is a long time...What good does it do you?
lol....Duane Thomas fumbled at the goal line and Dallas's center (Dave Manders) had the football. That cost Dallas SB5 win and I haven't forgotten.

some fans, coaches and players never forget. It actually motivates um

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....Duane Thomas fumbled at the goal line and Dallas's center (Dave Manders) had the football. That cost Dallas SB5 win and I haven't forgotten.

some fans, coaches and players never forget. It actually motivates um

Most fans never forget...it's the moving on part I was talking about.