• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hot off the presses

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we will see what kind of responses he had in response with his texts etc. Cause apparently there are a lot of things Martin said that are reportedly as vulgar.

I know, he will be seen as the absolute victim. Perhaps he was.

What I do know is his mother in particular practiced work place harassment lawsuits for a long time. Not that it would seem he did things with his parents advice, but I do have to say that is a remarkable coincidence that she just so happened to practice that kind of law.

Incognito will be the face of this, and the Johnathan Martin will be the face of it. Martin will be paraded out as a real victim, while Incognito will be seen as that white cliche villain. That is my prediction. I am going to also predict that Pouncey (even though the report stated he was very much a part of it) will be seen as being "strongly influenced" by Incognito.

I am pretty sure Martin was still paid his salary during his leave. Almost 700 thousand dollars.

We have come a long way in our definitions of what actual victims are. That is for sure.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's particularly disturbing is the attitude towards the trainer. This isn't just a case of Incognito vs. Martin anymore. There are two others who deserve redemption. Wonder what will happen to the Dolphins organization? In order to be consistent, the league will have no choice but to consider action against the coaching staff and organization, including some coaching and FO suspensions.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's particularly disturbing is the attitude towards the trainer. This isn't just a case of Incognito vs. Martin anymore. There are two others who deserve redemption. Wonder what will happen to the Dolphins organization? In order to be consistent, the league will have no choice but to consider action against the coaching staff and organization, including some coaching and FO suspensions.

It will be that, and it will be wide sweeping new policies banning all hazing. I wonder how much money in restitution Martin will be looking for from the NFL/organization.

If there is no lawsuit at all filed by Martin, I will no longer be skeptical about the real motivation here.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am definitely torn on this as I do understand the mental anguish that a bully can put on another human being. Martin responding the way he did actually fits very much within the mental makeup of someone being tortured. Him being just as vulgar back is very much expected. He was trying to fit in in hopes that would lessen the abuse he took. The fact that more than just Martin has come out against Icognito should show this was beyond what usually goes on in a locker room.

Throw in the abuse that he and others did to the assistant trainer went way beyond just fun. I guess they showed up on the anniversary of Pearl Harbor bombing (assistant is Japanese) in Japanese clothing threatening to get pay back against the guy for what Japan had done that day. The assistant has thought about leaving his job as well for the abuse he took from Icognito and others. So again this went well beyond just a regular NFL locker room.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we will see what kind of responses he had in response with his texts etc. Cause apparently there are a lot of things Martin said that are reportedly as vulgar.

I know, he will be seen as the absolute victim. Perhaps he was.

What I do know is his mother in particular practiced work place harassment lawsuits for a long time. Not that it would seem he did things with his parents advice, but I do have to say that is a remarkable coincidence that she just so happened to practice that kind of law.

Incognito will be the face of this, and the Johnathan Martin will be the face of it. Martin will be paraded out as a real victim, while Incognito will be seen as that white cliche villain. That is my prediction. I am going to also predict that Pouncey (even though the report stated he was very much a part of it) will be seen as being "strongly influenced" by Incognito.

I am pretty sure Martin was still paid his salary during his leave. Almost 700 thousand dollars.

We have come a long way in our definitions of what actual victims are. That is for sure.

I'm just curious as to whether you actually read the report before commenting.

It's pretty unbiased and straight forward.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just curious as to whether you actually read the report before commenting.

It's pretty unbiased and straight forward.

Doubt it. I get the impression he still thinks it's all one big conspiracy against the Dolphins and the league on behalf of Martin. Martin's just out for money after all. :L

Guess it doesn't make any difference that there are OTHER victims here besides Martin. You take Martin out of the picture completely, and Incognito and Co. are STILL being cited for harrassment. This is far beyond any "hazing". It ceased being that as soon as they decided to harrass the assistant trainer.

But all that Pearl Harbor stuff is just all in good fun too, right? Just part of the locker room culture? :bullshit:

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it. I get the impression he still thinks it's all one big conspiracy against the Dolphins and the league on behalf of Martin. Martin's just out for money after all. :L

Guess it doesn't make any difference that there are OTHER victims here besides Martin. You take Martin out of the picture completely, and Incognito and Co. are STILL being cited for harrassment. This is far beyond any "hazing". It ceased being that as soon as they decided to harrass the assistant trainer.

But all that Pearl Harbor stuff is just all in good fun too, right? Just part of the locker room culture? :bullshit:

It explains Incognito's Twitter comments this week........Damage Control.

Dude is an a$$ and he is getting called out on it. Simple as that.....

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a reason why Martin's texts ate being ignored? Anyone here read those? What did the report say in regards to that? Nothing? Something?

I will wait to see if there is a lawsuit. In the meantime, Martins mother specialized in work place harrasment.

The report also indicated Pouncey was involved. Not much being said about him.

The media, seems to be really focused on Incognito. I wonder why.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did not say anything about conspiracy you piece of shit. Did the other "victims" cry and run home? No? Yes?
Martin got paid right? Nearly 700 thousand dollars?
Victims?

Tell me again how a passer with a 101.2 rating only looks for the first read and runs.

I know, the media never drums up race. Of course not.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a reason why Martin's texts ate being ignored? Anyone here read those? What did the report say in regards to that? Nothing? Something?

I will wait to see if there is a lawsuit. In the meantime, Martins mother specialized in work place harrasment.

The report also indicated Pouncey was involved. Not much being said about him.

The media, seems to be really focused on Incognito. I wonder why.

I'm guessing you have not read the report from your comments. Granted is is about 100 pages, but the first 20 paint the picture pretty clearly.

It does not in any way portray Martin as solely a victim. But Incognito is one disgusting piece of trash and could barely be labeled as a human being.

Pouncey and Jerry are just as culpable as Incognito, but were more followers of his lead.

O-line Coach Turner will probably be losing his job as well as a few others. I am surprised Philbin has not been fired yet.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This line perfectly sums up what went wrong here-

"...even in a professional football league and even among tough football players whose very profession is defined by physical and mental domination of players across the line of scrimmage. There are lines—even in a football locker room—that should not be crossed, as they were here."

I know the NFL has it's own culture and there are many instances of "male-bonding" that cross the boundaries of what regular society would deem decent.

We joked around crudely when I was in the Army but we never crossed that line. People's lives depended on it and we had to have each others backs and know we could trust one another.

Not quite the same as an NFL locker room, but the level of dysfunction here racial, ethnic and blatant harassment that was allowed to go on by the trainers, position coaches and fellow players is pretty screwed up.

If other locker rooms are even close to that bad, the NFL has a lot more to clean up than dirty hits and PED use.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how one person can cause all this drama yet know one has ever come out even after they retired or quit in the past and brought up anything like this situation before. To me it boils down to spoiled pampered rich kid, pussy that all he had to do was stand up for himself "ONCE", and a clubhouse jerk/ asshole that every team has at least one of, and then the media to make a moutain out of a mole hill. Jesus. Rediculous.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how one person can cause all this drama yet know one has ever come out even after they retired or quit in the past and brought up anything like this situation before. To me it boils down to spoiled pampered rich kid, pussy that all he had to do was stand up for himself "ONCE", and a clubhouse jerk/ asshole that every team has at least one of, and then the media to make a moutain out of a mole hill. Jesus. Rediculous.

The Raiders clubhouse of the 70's was pretty crazy. I don't think Don Shula would allow this Coach Landry would not put up with it, and I know Bill Belichick does not allow it.

I think that this mess will set a standard for all teams to keep.....

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:bullshit:

You have the same advice for the Japanese American trainer? The fact the line coach was involved in some of the incidents not bother you at all? This isn't just between Incognito and Martin. There are others involved too.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how one person can cause all this drama yet know one has ever come out even after they retired or quit in the past and brought up anything like this situation before. To me it boils down to spoiled pampered rich kid, pussy that all he had to do was stand up for himself "ONCE", and a clubhouse jerk/ asshole that every team has at least one of, and then the media to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Jesus. Rediculous.

It's much more than that. It's a locker room out of control, things taken way too far, good-natured joking and ribbing taken to extreme racial taunts and harassment. Lines were crossed and no one said anything or did anything to stop it.

When common decency fails to exist in how people treat each other, our society has reached a pretty low point.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's much more than that. It's a locker room out of control, things taken way too far, good-natured joking and ribbing taken to extreme racial taunts and harassment. Lines were crossed and no one said anything or did anything to stop it.

When common decency fails to exist in how people treat each other, our society has reached a pretty low point.
Whats really troubling/contradictory with Martins stance and if the reports are true, Martin had some very explicit remarks in text he exchanged with Ingognito where he threatens to kill his family also. Sounds to me like it was all fun and games untill Martin told his Mommy and Daddy and they used their powers to be and people in high places to open up a hole can of controversy with this situation. Maybe the NFL needs to police their clubhouses better and lay the law down better but I still don`t think we`ld be talking about this if Martin manned up and did what a real man would of done and punched Richie in the mouth if he really was sooooo upset as he says he was.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats really troubling/contradictory with Martins stance and if the reports are true, Martin had some very explicit remarks in text he exchanged with Ingognito where he threatens to kill his family also. Sounds to me like it was all fun and games untill Martin told his Mommy and Daddy and they used their powers to be and people in high places to open up a hole can of controversy with this situation. Maybe the NFL needs to police their clubhouses better and lay the law down better but I still don`t think we`ld be talking about this if Martin manned up and did what a real man would of done and punched Richie in the mouth if he really was sooooo upset as he says he was.

Dude, no offense but did you read the entire report? There were other players who were harassed as well as staff members and other players and even coaches who did the harassing and engaged in inappropriate behavior.

The issue is not that Jonathan Martin did not stand up for himself. The issue is no one in that locker room stood up for Martin and others when players and coaches crossed the line of just "joking around" and violated the law and more importantly people were treated with a complete lack of respect.

If you can read that report and not see anything wrong with what was going on and more importantly what did not happen to stop it, then I don't what to tell you.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, no offense but did you read the entire report? There were other players who were harassed as well as staff members and other players and even coaches who did the harassing and engaged in inappropriate behavior.

The issue is not that Jonathan Martin did not stand up for himself. The issue is no one in that locker room stood up for Martin and others when players and coaches crossed the line of just "joking around" and violated the law and more importantly people were treated with a complete lack of respect.

If you can read that report and not see anything wrong with what was going on and more importantly what did not happen to stop it, then I don't what to tell you.
Hey Morph, I do get it..to a point. 1st off pretty sure we haven`t heard or seen the full report yet or if we will. That being said, obviously lines were crossed and the situation got out of hand. But what circumstances led to this point? What I`am saying or trying to say is, why did it get to this point and what could of prevented it. Obviously if Martin would of stood up for himself, prob situation stops. If he is/was uncapable of standing up for himself and not ONE guy in locker room intervened and said enough is enough seems hard to believe. That makes you wonder if they really thought there was a problem. According to numerous statements from. Martin himself, Ingognito and every teammate I saw interviewed, their relationship looked,at least to them,as being very good buds. Apperantly according to Martin/Wells investigation things were not as they seemed and here is a guy being harrassed, bullied, threaten,etc yet here he is enjoying BQ at Ingognitos house, trading texts, sharing vulgar, degrading sexuall content,etc like theirs no probs at all. Not saying that Ingognito did not take advantage of Martin (as well as others) but you have to put some of the blame on Martin for allowing this alleged abuse to escalate to this level. Yeah shit happens in the locker room in the NFL and has for along time but that is part of the culture and when the normal bullshit,harrassement, bullying,etc gets to this kinda media circus crap were being subject to, nobody is innocent and the blame should lie with the whole Dolphin organization,as well as with Martin himself for letting it get to this point IMO. I have always and do respect your opinion as well as many others on this board and of course our views and thoughts will differ many times. I just don`t see this as a one-sided affair and as they say..it takes two.