• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hornets asking price for Paul too high?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was because the Hornets were taking on salaries that would put them near the cap limit while freeing up 21M cap space for the Lakers the trade should have been blocked

REAL_Harrison

Amateurstitute
Hoopla Cash
$ 510.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was because the Hornets were taking on salaries that would put them near the cap limit while freeing up 21M cap space for the Lakers the trade should have been blocked

Try actually clicking the link, the Clippers and Hornets
reportedly submitted a deal for the NBA’s approval this morning which would have sent Chris Kaman, Al-Farouq Aminu, a 2012 first-round pick, and potentially emerging star Eric Gordon to New Orleans in return for Paul. The league, however, reportedly wanted the Clippers to give up more.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they were asking for to much. What is the point of making a deal for a superstar by gutting your team and still being mediocre? I do think that 2 good young players, the Minny pick and another #1 pick would be a fair price. I guess Kaman has to be included to make the salaries match.

The only thing I think would be very stupid would be for the NO to take on long term expensive contracts of role players like Scola and Martin. That trade was asinine.

REAL_Harrison

Amateurstitute
Hoopla Cash
$ 510.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't understand why the NBA rejected the Hornets-Clipper deal it would have worked

That's what I'm saying! The NBA is shooting themselves in the foot with all this, no one is gonna want to buy the Hornets after the season if Paul walks away for nothing and they have no talent

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm saying! The NBA is shooting themselves in the foot with all this, no one is gonna want to buy the Hornets after the season if Paul walks away for nothing and they have no talent

There is literally no point in trading for CP3. You are going to have to give up so much that even adding a player like him just takes you back to being mediocre. Why give up so much for a guy that you can just sign in 7 months?? NBA is being super shortsighted here and its going to bite them in the ass.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is literally no point in trading for CP3. You are going to have to give up so much that even adding a player like him just takes you back to being mediocre. Why give up so much for a guy that you can just sign in 7 months?? NBA is being super shortsighted here and its going to bite them in the ass.

CP3 had already said he would waive the contract out which would have kept him on the Clippers thru the 2012-13 season, but he would walk on the Hornets after this season.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP3 had already said he would waive the contract out which would have kept him on the Clippers thru the 2012-13 season, but he would walk on the Hornets after this season.

Yeah I know that but only because LA is a major market. Paul isnt going to resign with a small market team. Its not happening so the NBA really only has about 4 or 5 possible locations for him and they already wasted 2 of them.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know that but only because LA is a major market. Paul isnt going to resign with a small market team. Its not happening so the NBA really only has about 4 or 5 possible locations for him and they already wasted 2 of them.

i don't think the market size has anything to do with his threat. the hornets are being run by the NBA which means that their options are limited, there is no buyers lining up to buy them and there isn't going to be any improvement on them for the next 2-4 years. Paul realizes this and wants out to play for any team that has an upside. the hornets even with Paul are not going to sniff the playoffs this season or the next.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stern keeps fucking things up. Paul should lie and say he'll resign with NO. Then at the end of the season, tell them to "fuck off" and sign a 1 year midlevel deal with the Heat, Lakers, or Knicks to chase a title. Then cash in afterwards.

In all seriousness, which teams have cap space to outright sign CP3? I read that NYC used theirs up on Tyson Chandler, but I suppose they can still clear some (trade Amare) if they need to.

REAL_Harrison

Amateurstitute
Hoopla Cash
$ 510.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stern keeps fucking things up. Paul should lie and say he'll resign with NO. Then at the end of the season, tell them to "fuck off" and sign a 1 year midlevel deal with the Heat, Lakers, or Knicks to chase a title. Then cash in afterwards.

In all seriousness, which teams have cap space to outright sign CP3? I read that NYC used theirs up on Tyson Chandler, but I suppose they can still clear some (trade Amare) if they need to.

I think anyone that does have cap space, other than the Knicks, would be more concerned with getting Howard. I think there's a better chance than everyone realizes that Howard sticks this season out with Orlando and then becomes a free agent

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Stern knew what he was doing after all. Got a nice deal for the Hornets that leaves them in better shape financially and with good young players going forward to boot.