• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hopefully quashing the Puig rumors

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been a number of articles and stories on sports shows that the Sox were pursuing Puig. Hopefully, this latest update puts an end to this nasty rumor:

https://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/arti...l_puig_nicholas_castellanos/s1_12680_30900473

I'm still a little wistful at not going after Castellanos, but at least the talk of seeking additional OF help is behind us and that the Sox should now focus on going after some BP help.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a certain catcher playing for the giants getting a lot of negative press before the Sox went and got him. It worked out well. There are enough Cubans on the team that the Sox front office can talk to and get a gage of how he would fit in the clubhouse. He’s way better than anything they currently have in right field and will likely be a bargain.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't you want a plus-defensive outfielder (lord knows we need that) who is an excellent platoon (career .348 OBP and .823 OPS) option with Mazara and can also steal bases? Not to mention, it seems like at a decent price.

I've always liked Puig. Plays as hard as anyone and wants to win badly.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't you want a plus-defensive outfielder (lord knows we need that) who is an excellent platoon option with Mazara and can also steal bases?

I've always liked Puig. Plays as hard as anyone and wants to win badly.
Several reasons, but I would start with the realistic reason first. Even if we were chasing him and I'm not sure that it wasn't largely generated from the rumor factory, I don't see why he would have signed up as a platoon player and an expensive one at that. And if so, why then did we trade for Mazara? Made no sense.

Until I retired and relocated to Vegas, I lived in Southern California, so I was able to see first hand Puig's career as a Dodger. After a really solid first couple of years, his numbers started declining, altho in fairness some of that decline was due to injuries. But he also began to develop a reputation as somewhat of a nutjob and malcontent. As far as playing hard, that's actually part of the reason the Dodgers cut ties with him. He was known to get a bit lazy, both in the field and on the bases. I think he's kind of mellowed out a bit since he left LA, but I still think he's a sandwich away from a picnic. And his plus defense has turned into a bit of a minus defense. He has that really strong arm, but his range has been in decline.

All in all, I think we're just fine without him and I'm counting on the Sox brass to be focusing their energy on inking a RP or two.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a certain catcher playing for the giants getting a lot of negative press before the Sox went and got him. It worked out well.

One of my all time favorite Twins!