• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honestly, when I take a step back and look

stilla9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At how the offense was last year compared to this year. Its a bigger drop off than I originally thought it would be. Mainly because how Kap played and the numbers he put up. Kap's performance might of blinded the coaching staff a little bit ( it sure fooled the heck outta me) and also they could of over evaluated his growth as a young QB. This year I think his growth as a QB and the offensive roster have been completely exposed. Even when Crabtree come back I don't think the passing game will be fixed. D. Walker was a big loss this year but to me the bigger losses where Ted Ginn and Moss. Not having a true deep threat on this team that can stretch the defense will prove costly in our playoff run. Seattle will easily match man too man with our WRs and even if we don't play the hawks in the post season, I feel Kap will have a hard time. Just judging on how hard it is for him to go through his progressions. Defenses will only get harder as the year goes on. But hopefully it will all click for Kap and he will prove me wrong.

Seeing how the offensive side of the roster looks this year has me thinking about next years draft a little bit. With all the picks the 9ers have, something crazy like 12/13 picks. I really hope the address the CB position early and I also hope the just say F it and go nuttsso on speed WR in the later rounds 5/6/7 (not saying we shouldn't draft any before that). Then let the best WR win in camp.

Feel free to chime in.

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that no matter what, the biggest mistake was trading away the better quarterback that gave us the best chance to win now and a few years.

If we overpay by paying Kap over $8 mil/year and having to let go of key players, then we should just surrender to the Hawks.

Hopefully Kap signs for $6 mil/year. That's how much he's worth.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that no matter what, the biggest mistake was trading away the better quarterback that gave us the best chance to win now and a few years.

If we overpay by paying Kap over $8 mil/year and having to let go of key players, then we should just surrender to the Hawks.

I am one of the first people to point out that Kap is not getting it done with his play and has some issues... But I wont go back and say that trade was a mistake. What they got and are getting from the Chiefs is gold, The 2 2nd rounders turned into Tank Caradine, a 2014 3rd, and a 2014 2nd. The value was there and the 9ers pulled the trigger because they believe Kap is the future. Myself and everyone else thought the future was now but Kap apparently needs more time then that.

Aelx Smith is going a great job he understands how to win and he knows how to win and Andy Reid knows how to win as a team which help Smith. Im happy for him

As for Kap and his issues some that fly off from watching the game. He strains down his receiver and forces it in, has limited read progression, very timid which takes him too long to make reads, and this one that I don't think anyone talked about is he plays soft. I will take his soft play all the way back to the Superbowl last drive of the game, chances to use his feet and try to run it in and he doesn't. Guy wont take a hit and if he wont take a hit in the Superbowl then he wont take one in the regular season. All the talent and tools in the world but somethings not there.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think, physically, Kaepernick has the tools to do the job. Mentally he is pretty dim when it comes to executing the plan on the field. he paincs almost immediately when the first read is not there. His confidence is shot as well and that is going to take some fixing.

Abeka

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Please-you guys are making me laugh, keep it up...Geez

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think, physically, Kaepernick has the tools to do the job. Mentally he is pretty dim when it comes to executing the plan on the field. he paincs almost immediately when the first read is not there. His confidence is shot as well and that is going to take some fixing.

he's just getting too much ass

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People go too high and too low for young players. We all have to either wait and see or compare him to people with his experience and take context into account, like how a good running team helps open up the pass (YPA, big plays, completion percentage) but limits the attempts/yards, how great defense helps score points by shortening the field but also leaving few yards for the offense to get, how a conservative coach limits turnovers but also volume production, etc.

Bradford had a great rookie year and will likely improve as years go on, but people extrapolated it to Luck levels (some). After the high and low of Cam Newton , people written him off, not just for on-field play. Hopefully, whatever on-field struggles Kaepernick has will be addressed in time.

The euphemisms used by some last year were over the top (some) for where he is/was at his point of his career. The same can be said this year in the reverse. I want him to do well and never have these struggles, but going through it makes me root for him more as a player. That's why I was as much of a fan of Alex Smith (also my state's team). I root for those unfairly criticized or fairly criticized but battling.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say cut Mangini.... the offense has looked so inept compared to last years... the only change in the sidelines is the addition of that overrated Mangini... please kick his ass out!

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:tb: no more read options, PLEASE!!!!!!!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People go too high and too low for young players. We all have to either wait and see or compare him to people with his experience and take context into account, like how a good running team helps open up the pass (YPA, big plays, completion percentage) but limits the attempts/yards, how great defense helps score points by shortening the field but also leaving few yards for the offense to get, how a conservative coach limits turnovers but also volume production, etc.

Bradford had a great rookie year and will likely improve as years go on, but people extrapolated it to Luck levels (some). After the high and low of Cam Newton , people written him off, not just for on-field play. Hopefully, whatever on-field struggles Kaepernick has will be addressed in time.

The euphemisms used by some last year were over the top (some) for where he is/was at his point of his career. The same can be said this year in the reverse. I want him to do well and never have these struggles, but going through it makes me root for him more as a player. That's why I was as much of a fan of Alex Smith (also my state's team). I root for those unfairly criticized or fairly criticized but battling.

I think it is the complete regression to utter shit that worries us.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's all a conspiracy. The team wants to lowball Kap next year, so the coaches are calling plays that are doomed to fail.

:peep: :tinfoil3:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all a conspiracy. The team wants to lowball Kap next year, so the coaches are calling plays that are doomed to fail.

:peep: :tinfoil3:

What does that mean about our playoff chances this year? Winning the Super Bowl would certainly raise his price, regardless of how he is in the regular season.

To further the conspiracy: we had Kyle Williams fumble the ball in that NFCC game so that we would not have to extend/re-sign Alex Smith. In exchange for fumbling the ball, we told KW we would keep signing him to new contracts. Expect his father to come out blasting the Niners as Teddy Ginn's dad did when his son was not re-signed for faking the injury that allowed Williams to play.

:tinfoil3: