• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup !!

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and so I gets home today ---werkin in the cool weather and all

aaaaaaaand the house smellls of wonderful

theeee aroma of my wife's cookin sent me to my knees

she is actually cookinj up homemade vittles

she said this --- " Dadburnit --I am tired of this cold our sniffles and shakes en sech "

then i said "this is sex fer the tummy woman ---you win on this un "

perhaps I may get lucky tonite :noidea:

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, only thing better on a cold winters day is a big ole bowl of chili

with lots of clackers and cheez

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have learned that there is a difference between italian, Jewish, and all other homemade chicken soups...

I am partial to the Jewish, because they put in dill... Not talking matzah ball or kreplach- since that is disgusting...

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we had the chiken noodle monday and Im whippin up a batch of my chili saturday (with the cheddar and crackers) and my new favorite ingredient Sriracha sauce

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a master Chili maker.

I make a mean green chili too.

I have yet to make a pork chili, but I've been looking at different recipes and thinking about it.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you like a thick or soupy chili?

I like mine soupy and then load up on the crackers. Add a little cheese and lots of raw onions.

Sometimes will use fritos and sour cream instead.

My wife makes great chili. Don't know what all's in it but it is some good stuff.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soupy. Thick chili just doesn't have the dynamic flavor I like. You wouldn't catch me adding flour.

And yeah that's what the crackers are for. I like crackers occasionally, but I almost get insulted if people want cheese/onions/crackers/sour cream because a good from scratch chili should stand up on its own.

If you have one of those store bought chili kits though, or god forbid CANNED chili, then I don't blame anyone for adding that stuff.

With homemade chili if you made a big pot, the flavor can diminish and not be nearly as good over time after cooling and reheating over and over, so that's when I'll start doctoring it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this home grown corn fed Nebraskan

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EEEEE ifffy Is beer a food? I guess you could look at it as liquid Bread. But I dont know if I would go as far as to call it food. and I would hardly say (even tho I drink a lot) woulnt account for 99 percent of my intake

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also Guinness that is in MERICA comes from Canada Mericas hat.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made two huge pots of chicken noodle soup today ~ I love using a pressure cooker so it can be made in 1/2 hour. I called my married daughter and asked her if she wanted one pot of soup and she was here to pick it up in a few minutes. She loves her daddy's cooking so does her hubby, and the grandkids. I make a thicker pot of chili, using corn starch cause that's the way the wife likes it with lots of crackers, raw onions, and cheese.. My enchiladas are second to none and I have to make like 50 at a time because the kids eat them up fast. I make the enchiladas with both the red and green chili sauces.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost get insulted if people want cheese/onions/crackers/sour cream because a good from scratch chili should stand up on its own.

I don't agree with this. Some good strong white onions just accent the flavor and cheese, we'll cheese makes everything better. The chili stands on it's own fine but the other stuff is like sharp cheddar cheese, mayo, mustard and chow chow on a nice juicy burger.

The burger would be good without anything but the add ons puts it through the roof.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With homemade chili if you made a big pot, the flavor can diminish and not be nearly as good over time after cooling and reheating over and over, so that's when I'll start doctoring it up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brasky, what are you doin to your chili sir,by day three my chili is really getting a kick to it.Also I like mine right between thick and soupy, I cook the onions into mine so they lose a bit of the initial kick but progress nicely over time.

Id like to have your green recipe if you would be so kind , mine sucks.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brasky, what are you doin to your chili sir,by day three my chili is really getting a kick to it.Also I like mine right between thick and soupy, I cook the onions into mine so they lose a bit of the initial kick but progress nicely over time.

Id like to have your green recipe if you would be so kind , mine sucks.

LOL !~!