• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Holy f***

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely incredible finish by Chastain. I've never seen anything like that.
Nobody has ever seen anything like that. I've watched NA$CAR since the late 70's and I've never seen anything like that.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I had to go find it on you tube.
I cant stand Chastain, but I got to give him kudos over that move.

Have no idea what Larsons problem is with the move. He has tried it before.
Reminds me of the time Carl Edwards tried it against Jimmie Johnson on a faster track so it didnt work.

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reminds me of the time Carl Edwards tried it against Jimmie Johnson on a faster track so it didnt work.
Watching Hamlin after the race was almost as enjoyable as the finish.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Larson wasn't close to doing what Chastain did, he should stfu. He'd been knocking down the wall at Darlington for 3 laps before knocking it down at the finish.
Edwards bounced off the wall.
Chastain is insane. I just saw another video of it taken by a fan. He actually got against the wall at the start of turn 3, floored it and took his hands off the wheel. Passed 5 cars.
Video in this article:

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't see it again, there will be a rule against it before next week's race. Wait and see.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good look at it here too

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't see it again, there will be a rule against it before next week's race. Wait and see.
The problem would have been if another driver moved up coming out of 4 with Chastain causing a major pileup. As it was, he just caught Elliott at the finish and had a chance to brake just in time.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to Chastain for having the balls to even attempt this and then pull it off. Good on him for finding a loophole to sort of "cheat code" his way past Hamlin and into the final four. I hate Hamlin as much as the next person, so that has nothing to do with my opinion on this.

This will probably be an unpopular take, but Nascar can't allow this to become a thing. As much as it will attract attention from new fans, it pretty much ruins the integrity of the entire sport, even if it just happens two or three times a year at the ideal short tracks. Any of these drivers can pull that off, especially at Martinsville. It's not like Chastain just found something that nobody else can do because he's smarter or more skillful. That's not it. He just had the balls to essentially break an unwritten rule that others had perhaps thought of but never tried (at such a track).

If nothing is done, at the very least, this will happen every year at Martinsville and every other short track that has extra room up high (that is left unused). It won't be just one guy doing it either. It'll be whoever has the balls to do it and perhaps the permission (from their owner) and it'll result in ridiculous, unsafe finishes that end up with a lot of wrecked cars and a lot of pissed off drivers...Lol Yeah, complete chaos. Great for the fans, but virtually nobody else.

I don't blame Hamlin if he's pissed because he could've done the exact same thing and probably won the race (and got in along with Chastain). Instead, he and the other drivers tried to get in fair and square.

Last edited:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only track this could work on is Martinsville.
It is the slowest track & a paper clip. So to make the corner you slam on the breaks. All faster tracks he would be scrubbing so much speed against the walls it wouldnt work. By the time he comes out of 4 anyone he did pass, by not braking, would pass him back down the straights.
Martinsville is the slowest corners.
Even tracks where you run up against the walls. If you get into it, it will hurt your track times.

Literally Martinsville is the only track this could work on. (the slowest lap times on the circuit)

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1667315217581.png