• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HOF

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Thoughts? No Eddie D....

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to be honest after watching the Eddie D story I really thought less of him.. For whatever reason it was: having it downplay and Alienate Bill Walsh, just touching on the bribing, and gambling side of it. I lost a lot of respect for him as a person.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]DTrqU4G1-h0[/YOUTUBE]

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I know why he hasn't, still want him in. No Charles either.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eddie did well but H-O-F tales a LOT. not surprised he hasn't gotten in.....yet.

that is why i have to wonder about Warren Sapp? certainly a very good player in his prime, but better than Strahan?

the H-O-F is for their careers.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Eddie did well but H-O-F tales a LOT. not surprised he hasn't gotten in.....yet.

that is why i have to wonder about Warren Sapp? certainly a very good player in his prime, but better than Strahan?

the H-O-F is for their careers.

I would say Sapp was definitely better than Strahan. I'd take BY over Strahan as well.

I wonder if Strahan would get nearly the attention he does for the Hall if Brett Favre didn't stumble.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I would say Sapp was definitely better than Strahan. I'd take BY over Strahan as well.

I wonder if Strahan would get nearly the attention he does for the Hall if Brett Favre didn't stumble.

Yes. "stumble." -Wink wink-

BY was the most dominant defensive player in the league before he broke his leg. And that included Reggie White.

So many could've been storie out there like Bo Jackson, Sean Taylor, Jahvid Best, etc. At least BY got to keep on playing.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've always liked strahan, even without the single season record he is still 5th all time in sacks, most years in his career he was among the top at his position. I'd have no problem with him getting in the hall of fame his 2nd go around.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is more disappointing that they are keeping Charles Haley out. Warren Sapp before Haley is a joke.

I don't understand how the 49ers of the 80s can win 4 Super Bowls and then the only guys they put into the HOF to represent that team are Montana, Lott, Rice, Dean, and Walsh... just 5 guys. But the Steelers of the 1970s have Blount, Bradshaw, Harris, Swan, Stallworth, Greene, Lambert, Ham, Webster, Noll, and both Art and Dan Rooney. Represented by 9 players, the HC, and the 2 Owners The Packers from the 1960s have 11 guys from those teams in the HOF

I'm not sure why these current AP guys are being so disrespectful to the guys from those 1980s 49ers but it is really ridiculous that the dynasties of the 60s and 70s were represented well but they keep blocking guys like Craig, Haley, and DeBartelo who were each a big part of those Super Bowl winning teams.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The Packers from the 1960s have 11 guys from those teams in the HOF

Well, there were fewer teams when the Packers were winning championships (and 2 Super Bowls), so they would have less competition from other teams when voting players in.

The Steelers are another matter.

I'd like to see Harris Barton & Randy Cross get some consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there were fewer teams when the Packers were winning championships (and 2 Super Bowls), so they would have less competition from other teams when voting players in.

Yeah, probably didn't hurt that the HOF opened in 1963... and since nobody is going to visit an empty building they had to fill it up with the most popular players from the most popular team of the day. I think that helped get a lot of the Packers and Steelers into the HOF.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Love me some Randy Cross

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wrong on so many levels

Agreed it's wrong (that Eddie D isn't in), however, I do understand it. How do you compare Eddie D and Art Modell to Jonathon Ogden, Warren Sapp and Larry Allen?

I don't hold it against the voters for focusing on the players.