• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hmmm. Turns out our GM Kevin Pritchard may have known something about ‘Dipo’s long-term outlook that most of us didn’t

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much so that he was willing to trade for a guy that needed a kidney transplant just to get out from under Oladipo’s tricky expiring contract...

Among the issues that have plagued the Pacers this season:

1) The aforementioned guy with the kidney issue.
2) T.J. Warren only playing in four games.
3) Our shockingly inflexible rookie HC that only uses his bench when he’s forced to.

In spite of these issues, we remain all of two games behind the cHeat in the standings (the “juggernaut” defending east champs) with their so-called missing piece to their championship puzzle...

Have fun with Vic while you got him, Miami (Or what’s left of him, that is).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much so that he was willing to trade for a guy that needed a kidney transplant just to get out from under Oladipo’s tricky expiring contract...

3) Our shockingly inflexible rookie HC that only uses his bench when he’s forced to.

In spite of these issues, we remain all of two games behind the cHeat in the standings (the “juggernaut” defending east champs) with their so-called missing piece to their championship puzzle...

No.

It was a slam dunk trade.

Everyone here blasted Houston for making that deal. It is a no brainer grand slam win for Indy. LeVert obviously has a lot more long term value. Houston should have kept him.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're hyping up your own GM for trading an expiring contract? Not even a horrible contract here or any long term ramifications. Just trading an expiring? LOL.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're hyping up your own GM for trading an expiring contract? Not even a horrible contract here or any long term ramifications. Just trading an expiring? LOL.

Into a better, cheaper player.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Another Cane thread fail.
Because you said so? :pound::pound::pound:

When the Oladipo Miami rumors first surfaced last summer just about all the frontrunners wished to play the Paul George card with us. Now that Vic is actually in Miami he’s not even healthy enough to get on the floor with them, and is a mere role player when he actually does.

Oh yeah, and must I remind everyone of my prediction of Utah and Phoenix as the top two sleeper teams in the west? :scratch:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I definitely agree it was becoming clear that Oladipo really did not have much value.

In Miami's defense they did not give up barely anything to get him---- but they should be far from surprised he is now hurt again. He has been on and off hurt and has lost a good deal of his ineffectiveness.

Any Miami fan that is like- "Man i wish we had Oladipo- he could help out in a big way" is pretty delusional at this point.

Indiana cut bait at the right time. Houston was stupid to trade for him but I think it was pretty clear to them that his value dropped immensely and they did the same.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

It was a slam dunk trade.

Everyone here blasted Houston for making that deal. It is a no brainer grand slam win for Indy. LeVert obviously has a lot more long term value. Houston should have kept him.
everyone blasted the deal in the media- but its pretty obvious now that no other NBA team made an offer that was even decent at all for - like i said- what is now to us pretty obvious reasons

he cant stay healthy and even when he is healthy he isnt nearly as good as he used to be- and on top of that he still wants a lot of money.

I am sure other NBA teams were not like---- well- Miami is offering not much for him---- lets just let him go there even though we think he is still good.

thats not how the market works

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone blasted the deal in the media- but its pretty obvious now that no other NBA team made an offer that was even decent at all for - like i said- what is now to us pretty obvious reasons

he cant stay healthy and even when he is healthy he isnt nearly as good as he used to be- and on top of that he still wants a lot of money.

I am sure other NBA teams were not like---- well- Miami is offering not much for him---- lets just let him go there even though we think he is still good.

thats not how the market works

For the life of me I can’t figure out why Houston would want Oladipo over LeVert. It just isn’t close in terms of value and it isn’t close in terms of what Houston’s franchise goals should have been.

Either they thought they were a playoff team with Dipo, or that getting Dipo’s expiring would help them tank.

Either way they screwed up badly.

In a deal that horribly and obviously one sided I tend to blame the loser more than credit the winner. Should have been an easy no on the Houston side.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the life of me I can’t figure out why Houston would want Oladipo over LeVert. It just isn’t close in terms of value and it isn’t close in terms of what Houston’s franchise goals should have been.

Either they thought they were a playoff team with Dipo, or that getting Dipo’s expiring would help them tank.

Either way they screwed up badly.

In a deal that horribly and obviously one sided I tend to blame the loser more than credit the winner. Should have been an easy no on the Houston side.

i wanna know how Danny didn’t get involved for levert on the flip.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wanna know how Danny didn’t get involved for levert on the flip.

Missed opportunity for every other team.

Hard to say exactly what Houston thought the were getting out of the deal.

I think they probably badly overvalued Dipo as a tradeable asset.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your obsession with the Heat is weird. Heat fans don't care about the Pacers and whoever called the Heat a juggernaut?

And not a single person said Oladipo was the missing piece to a championship. Just making shit up as always

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed opportunity for every other team.

Hard to say exactly what Houston thought the were getting out of the deal.

I think they probably badly overvalued Dipo as a tradeable asset.

most teams couldn’t have done it without throwing junk salary in.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a masterful move! You almost forget that the Pacers are fluke trash.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be happy that Danny turned down a huge haul for Gordon hayward.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your obsession with the Heat is weird. Heat fans don't care about the Pacers and whoever called the Heat a juggernaut?

And not a single person said Oladipo was the missing piece to a championship. Just making shit up as always
I totally agree- that you never said Oladipo was "the missing piece"- I do think- and at this point who could argue- that Oladipo's perceived value was very very highly exaggerated and the deal at the deadline looked a lot better than it was in reality.

I think we all now see the reason the Rockets could not get anything of substance for Oladipo.