• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hillman Touchdown

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another great thing about this team is how much fun they have. Just read an article that talked about the Running Backs were given the choice of who was going to get the chance to run it in on the 1st and goal. They played Rock Paper Scissors to see who it was going to be and Hillman was the winner. I thought it was strange that we put our smallest back in during that kind of situation but hey Rock beats Scissors so can't argue with that logic.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of that happening in the NFL.

Personally I think Hillman deserved it anyway. I thought he scored on the play before. It's good that he got to finish off the drive.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually saw a replay where they were doing the rock, paper, scissors thing on the sideline. Ball and Moreno both cheered and ran over to Hillman after he scored.

Unity. It's where it's at.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAAAAY KOOL!!!! I now am feeling a little better about running gm going forward. Still need to improve on but very incouraging. Good job o-line!

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it's going to be pass-crazy game plan until the Broncos are up by double digits, then turn to the running attack for the rest of the game. On the defensive side of the ball, just continue to wreak havoc in the middle and aggressive, swarming linebackers and defensive backs. I can live with this plan! Bring on the Eagles. Go Broncos!

MH64

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently they were just showboating a bit. Fox and Chris Harris confirmed that Fox and Adam Gase had Hillmanin at RB for that drive. It was not decided by rock, paper, scissors.

As if a HC is going to let them do that.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey just let us and the world THINK they did it, even if it not fact. It is all about FUN !! and we are having FUN this season as fans

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently they were just showboating a bit. Fox and Chris Harris confirmed that Fox and Adam Gase had Hillman in at RB for that drive. It was not decided by rock, paper, scissors.

As if a HC is going to let them do that.

I don't know.... I can see it happening in certain circumstances. If the game is well in Denver's favor, and there's equal confidence in the ability if any of the RB's in punching the ball in the endzone, I can see a coach letting it go. Means the players are loose, and having fun. Those are the most dangerous kind to have on the football field if you're an opponent facing them.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.... I can see it happening in certain circumstances. If the game is well in Denver's favor, and there's equal confidence in the ability if any of the RB's in punching the ball in the endzone, I can see a coach letting it go. Means the players are loose, and having fun. Those are the most dangerous kind to have on the football field if you're an opponent facing them.

To quote Chris Harris, "It's bulletin board material for the opposing team. You don't want to disrespect them like that"

Fox was pretty quick to clear it up and dispel any notion he was not in charge of who goes in .

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To quote Chris Harris, "It's bulletin board material for the opposing team. You don't want to disrespect them like that"

Fox was pretty quick to clear it up and dispel any notion he was not in charge of who goes in .

Not saying it happened here, but saying it COULD happen in certain circumstances. Doesn't mean he's not in control either.

As for Chris Harris, maybe he can delve into Bronco history........

To Quote Shannon Sharpe:

"The British are coming, the British are coming! Mr. President! We need the National Guard! We need as many men as you can spare because we are killing the Patriots! So call the dogs off! Send the National Guard, please! They need emergency help! Please! Help!" (On the sidelines in 1996 at New England.)

“Stay away from the Allegheny, the Ohio and the Monongahela! I hope they freeze those three rivers tonight because I’d hate to see anybody plunging to the bottom of ‘em.” (After the 1997 AFC Championship Game)

I'd say "Rock-Paper-Scissors" is tame by comparison.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying it happened here, but saying it COULD happen in certain circumstances. Doesn't mean he's not in control either.

As for Chris Harris, maybe he can delve into Bronco history........

To Quote Shannon Sharpe:

"The British are coming, the British are coming! Mr. President! We need the National Guard! We need as many men as you can spare because we are killing the Patriots! So call the dogs off! Send the National Guard, please! They need emergency help! Please! Help!" (On the sidelines in 1996 at New England.)

“Stay away from the Allegheny, the Ohio and the Monongahela! I hope they freeze those three rivers tonight because I’d hate to see anybody plunging to the bottom of ‘em.” (After the 1997 AFC Championship Game)

I'd say "Rock-Paper-Scissors" is tame by comparison.

HAHA! Classic. But opposing teams still hated Sharpe for saying it and he provided a LOT of bulletin board material over the years.

Sure it was funny, doesn't mean it was always a good idea.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the pointi s, the "Rock, Paper, Scissors" didn't decide who was going in.

They were just having fun. As a Broncos Fan, it's entertaining.

A fan of the opposing team would probably find it annoying.

If the Ravens had done something similar last January, Bronco fans would be livid.

If I was on the opposing team, it would piss me off.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHA! Classic. But opposing teams still hated Sharpe for saying it and he provided a LOT of bulletin board material over the years.

Sure it was funny, doesn't mean it was always a good idea.

Sure, you do risk "Bulletin Board" material, but players who use such things to "rev themselves up" can often also play tight. They can get fixated on revenge instead of the gameplan. Sometimes it works. But, if something goes wrong, the game for them can get out of hand very quickly. On the other hand, take a team who's relaxed as they execute, and "enjoying the game", they become a far more dangerous team to play against. Sharpe, was nearly always dangerous to play against.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a general rule of thumb, most coaches don't like you saying or doing things in public that give the perception your lacking in class or sportsmanship. (Jim Schwartz, Todd Haley, Jim Harbaugh and Josh McDaniels are probably exceptions to this).

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was on the opposing team, it would piss me off.

AND as a result, become more likely to make costly mistakes later on. Many players don't know how to properly channel that energy, and end up committing stupid penalties, or overpursue the ball.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a general rule of thumb, most coaches don't like you saying or doing things in public that give the perception your lacking in class or sportsmanship. (Jim Schwartz, Todd Haley, Jim Harbaugh and Josh McDaniels are probably exceptions to this).

Yes, but there's a fine line that needs to be navigated here. Make too much of it, and it can actually hurt the team. Most coaches would also have their teams play relaxed. Easier to keep your focus that way. Teams that are uptight can easily fall apart if a game isn't going as planned. Sometimes you need to give the team a bit of leeway to keep them relaxed, and on task. Plus, if the other team gets their knickers in a wad in the process, that's an added benefit.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND as a result, become more likely to make costly mistakes later on. Many players don't know how to properly channel that energy, and end up committing stupid penalties, or overpursue the ball.

You are inferring a lot with that.

And as a result, may also take your QB/WR/RB out of the game, take a cheap shot at someone and get them hurt, or get a little extra inspiration and energy to make that game wining play or 4th quarter comeback.

It's a double edged sword that can work both ways.

Trash talk, getting in your opponents head, publicly humiliating someone in a press conference can all have both adverse and beneficial results.

You can't say one way or another really.

But it's mostly thought of as "Bush League" by most.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are inferring a lot with that.

And as a result, may also take your QB/WR/RB out of the game, take a cheap shot at someone and get them hurt, or get a little extra inspiration and energy to make that game wining play or 4th quarter comeback.

It's a double edged sword that can work both ways.

Trash talk, getting in your opponents head, publicly humiliating someone in a press conference can all have both adverse and beneficial results.

You can't say one way or another really.

But it's mostly thought of as "Bush League" by most.

Again, I'd hardly say that "rock-paper-scissors" is akin to purposely trash talking and such, and would be a FAR cry from anything "bush league".

We obviously have different opinions here. However, I'd rather the Broncos stay relaxed and enjoying the game then to have them walking on egg shells worrying about giving the opposing team "bulletin board" material. A relaxed team is far more deadly on the field.

What bothers me the most is Chris Harris' comments could be perceived as throwing his RB teammates under the bus. I'm actually ticked he would try to be PC instead of a "no comment" or something similar. He needs to keep his trap shut, and let Fox and Co. do the talking.

And who's to say Fox didn't give the RB's the choice? Because he said so? Maybe he's lying to the press. Wouldn't be the first time that happened.:noidea:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'd hardly say that "rock-paper-scissors" is akin to purposely trash talking and such, and would be a FAR cry from anything "bush league".

We obviously have different opinions here. However, I'd rather the Broncos stay relaxed and enjoying the game then to have them walking on egg shells worrying about giving the opposing team "bulletin board" material. A relaxed team is far more deadly on the field.

What bothers me the most is Chris Harris' comments could be perceived as throwing his RB teammates under the bus. I'm actually ticked he would try to be PC instead of a "no comment" or something similar. He needs to keep his trap shut, and let Fox and Co. do the talking.

And who's to say Fox didn't give the RB's the choice? Because he said so? Maybe he's lying to the press. Wouldn't be the first time that happened.:noidea:

Agree to disagree. It is obviously just an opinion, but look at what Chris Harris said int he context of where he was. On a TV show, being interviewed so he can get fined by the league and has to be careful about his answer.

And I agree with his opinion. Take the high road. Act like you have been there before. Don't give the opposing team bulletin board material.

It was minor. They were just having fun.

My point of my original post was to say Fox was the one who decided who was carrying the ball on that play. It was not decided by rock paper scissors.

I also am of the opinion that Fox and most head coaches would PREFER that their players act accordingly, with class and dignity and not give ammo to a division rival for their next meeting, but in the end it is not a big deal.

Just a little showboating.

It is MY OPINION that it is juvenile and immature.