• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hilariously hideous 1980 Tucson Toros uniforms making colorful comeback in June

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bigd this one is for you

One tiny accident with the laundry in the spring of 1980 took them from us. But the rainbow-rific Tucson Toros uniforms, which proudly mark the death rattle of disco fashion, are making a comeback in June.
The San Diego Padres' minor-league affiliate at Class AAA is reviving Tucson's take on the "Tequila Sunrise" uniforms worn famously by the Houston Astros from the middle 1970s until 1986, when Houston was Tucson's parent city. The Tucson Padres will wear the old-school eyesores June 8 as part of Disco Night at Kino Stadium.

Y! SPORTS

KingFlea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bigd this one is for you

One tiny accident with the laundry in the spring of 1980 took them from us. But the rainbow-rific Tucson Toros uniforms, which proudly mark the death rattle of disco fashion, are making a comeback in June.
The San Diego Padres' minor-league affiliate at Class AAA is reviving Tucson's take on the "Tequila Sunrise" uniforms worn famously by the Houston Astros from the middle 1970s until 1986, when Houston was Tucson's parent city. The Tucson Padres will wear the old-school eyesores June 8 as part of Disco Night at Kino Stadium.

Y! SPORTS

Meh..no worse than anything that Boise State or Oregon don these days.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jimmysexton1980.jpg

Well played, Toros. Well played.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing Sexy back!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bigd this one is for you

Y! SPORTS

I saw those yesterday. And, I LOVE the fact that they could not find one single original jersey, and they had to re-create these from pictures from the internet.

Remembering the Astros from that period, these unis, while ugly, do line up pretty well with their MLB counterparts.

Unfortunately, the late 1970's early 80's were not kind to players and teams uniform wise, thinking specifically of the Astro's, and also the Padres, and their "mustard & mud" ensambles.

:laugh3:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw those yesterday. And, I LOVE the fact that they could not find one single original jersey, and they had to re-create these from pictures from the internet.

Remembering the Astros from that period, these unis, while ugly, do line up pretty well with their MLB counterparts.

Unfortunately, the late 1970's early 80's were not kind to players and teams uniform wise, thinking specifically of the Astro's, and also the Padres, and their "mustard & mud" ensambles.

:laugh3:

Glad you like this Big!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you like this Big!

I do. My next favorites, after the classics (Yankees, Tigers), are the real hideous ones.

And, with the White Sox chosing one old uni to wear on sundays each year, I wonder if they are going to bring back the baseball shorts of 1976?

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
motherfucking danny heep