• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey TobyTyler...

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's interesting is how Tiger can be No. 1 with 9 less events than Phil and others. I wonder how he would do if he played more? Hmmmm

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's interesting is how Tiger can be No. 1 with 9 less events than Phil and others. I wonder how he would do if he played more? Hmmmm

:laugh3:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I forget exactly how the formula works, but points for winning add up pretty quickly. I've been saying for a long time Tiger should play more, but he's pretty much set in stone around 18 or so it seems.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Woods has got a helluva winning percentage.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to win anything. period.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to win anything. period.

"The Best Player inThe World" should not be oh for his last 22 in the Majors; especially at the rate he wins in the weekly tournaments..

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Best Player inThe World" should not be oh for his last 22 in the Majors; especially at the rate he wins in the weekly tournaments..

IMO, physically he looks to be at the top of the game, however, mentally, another story altogether, he has not, nor may he ever recover from The Scandal. The way I see it, mentally he has been repressed for much of his life, very likely he did not experiment as an adolescent should, which led to his destructive behavior later in life.

Also,
He came on the scene at a most fortunate time when he could dominate the game, such is not the case now, there is a wealth of young talent that will not be denied their moment in the sun, it will be difficult for him to reach that level of dominance again.

Nonetheless, his future is secure, his legacy will be remembered for many years to come, one can only hope to have as successful a life as TW has lived.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tiger Woods is the best golfer in the world it's an indictment of the state of the sport.

He hasn't won a Major in five full seasons and no one is betting on him to win any anytime soon.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tiger Woods is the best golfer in the world it's an indictment of the state of the sport.

He hasn't won a Major in five full seasons and no one is betting on him to win any anytime soon.

Lee Westwood & Luke Donald were # 1 in that ranking for a while & neither won a major nor were really close. It is just some random rating. I would not read too much into it. Actually - you could make a case that golf is in really good shape right now since there are lots of very good golfers who contend quite often. Of course - the old timer "I walked through 5 ft of snow to get to school" type people will never see it this way.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee Westwood & Luke Donald were # 1 in that ranking for a while & neither won a major nor were really close. It is just some random rating. I would not read too much into it. Actually - you could make a case that golf is in really good shape right now since there are lots of very good golfers who contend quite often. Of course - the old timer "I walked through 5 ft of snow to get to school" type people will never see it this way.

Westwood was close a bunch of times.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think majors are over rated to a degree...sure they're suppose to define the best player on a given week, but to win one or two and not win much else (Andy North & Daly) are you really a great a player? I don't think so. I'd take Westwood's career over either of those guys.

I think that's why we're going to see more guys like Freddie & DL3 get into the HOF.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think majors are over rated to a degree...sure they're suppose to define the best player on a given week, but to win one or two and not win much else (Andy North & Daly) are you really a great a player? I don't think so. I'd take Westwood's career over either of those guys.

I think that's why we're going to see more guys like Freddie & DL3 get into the HOF.

I agree that Major winners don't always represent the best players; especially the U.S. Open but all the best players have won Majors. That's the difference. Nobody remembers who won the money title in 2012 but everyone knows Bubba Watson won the Masters.