• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Shark

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About Injuries. I didn't want to high jack the other thread talking solely on Injuries. there is more about injuries to consider before simply saying a guy is injury prone. I would classify Miles as injury prone. He has a reoccurring Injury. Even when healthy we are all afraid of his fragile Hammys. to me that is a sign of being injury prone.
Sean Lee got a knee injury in College making him miss his 2008 season. Knee injuries in football can happen to any player on any given day.

In the 7th game of 2011 Lee dislocated his Wrist. Now this seems like a freak accident. Not a reoccurring injury, not an injury from poor training or a weak genetic body or anything else. just a freak accident. Now he still finished the season & was a beast even with one hand mummified.

2012 he had a toe injury that put him on injured reserve. Now I don't understand these toe injuries so I cant comment to much about them, but unless you are saying he is gonna have toe issues the rest of his career. I don't see how you can label him with the dreaded Injury prone label. many players in the league have had their ration of injuries in a short time then never missed a game again in their careers. You really have to look at these things more in depth before acting like just some typical fan & say hey he got injured a couple times. he is fragile & injury prone. Nothing here screams injury prone to me. Now if all three of these injuries was the same knee. I would think hey he is injury prone. Or if all three were his toe. So I have never really bought into the Injury prone tag people try & place on him.

I would love if the Redskins looked at scenarios as simple as you are attempting to put it.

BTW all his Bonus incentives are if he is playing (not injured) So I am having a hard time trying to figure out how you wouldn't like this signing if it were for your team. The player is awesome, & as far as I understand it, the contract is more beneficial to the Cowboys than it is to Sean Lee.

If you are trying to say his toe is Injury Prone. I am not gonna argue right now (don't understand that injury) I will just wait & see. If you are saying he is injury proned because of his 3 injuries. I will disagree. There is more to that conversation than simple thinking.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About Injuries. I didn't want to high jack the other thread talking solely on Injuries. there is more about injuries to consider before simply saying a guy is injury prone. I would classify Miles as injury prone. He has a reoccurring Injury. Even when healthy we are all afraid of his fragile Hammys. to me that is a sign of being injury prone.
Sean Lee got a knee injury in College making him miss his 2008 season. Knee injuries in football can happen to any player on any given day.

In the 7th game of 2011 Lee dislocated his Wrist. Now this seems like a freak accident. Not a reoccurring injury, not an injury from poor training or a weak genetic body or anything else. just a freak accident. Now he still finished the season & was a beast even with one hand mummified.

2012 he had a toe injury that put him on injured reserve. Now I don't understand these toe injuries so I cant comment to much about them, but unless you are saying he is gonna have toe issues the rest of his career. I don't see how you can label him with the dreaded Injury prone label. many players in the league have had their ration of injuries in a short time then never missed a game again in their careers. You really have to look at these things more in depth before acting like just some typical fan & say hey he got injured a couple times. he is fragile & injury prone. Nothing here screams injury prone to me. Now if all three of these injuries was the same knee. I would think hey he is injury prone. Or if all three were his toe. So I have never really bought into the Injury prone tag people try & place on him.

I would love if the Redskins looked at scenarios as simple as you are attempting to put it.

BTW all his Bonus incentives are if he is playing (not injured) So I am having a hard time trying to figure out how you wouldn't like this signing if it were for your team. The player is awesome, & as far as I understand it, the contract is more beneficial to the Cowboys than it is to Sean Lee.

If you are trying to say his toe is Injury Prone. I am not gonna argue right now (don't understand that injury) I will just wait & see. If you are saying he is injury proned because of his 3 injuries. I will disagree. There is more to that conversation than simple thinking.

Schmoop.. i guess you and i look at injury prone differently. To me if a guy is missing multiple games across multiple seasons due to injury, I consider that prone. To me it doesnt matter if its because he tweeked a knee in year one, then had a shoulder injury in year two. Be it his playing style, lack of physical preparedness, or just dumb luck... it shows a history of injury. Not the type of guy I personally go crazy over in free agency. I agree if you take the contract all by itself it looks good for the Cowboys. But in this situation you have to look at the teams over all cap picture. And while as a Cowboys fan you are duty bound to disagree, most people outside of Cowboys nation realize that Dallas is in an unfavorable cap situation going forward, and while you kept the player this does not help the cap situation in the short or long term. Now if Lee had managed to stay healthy and produce this year without missing time, my opinion on him might have changed. But a year out... firstly Im not even remotely looking at free agents for 2014 considering we havent even played in 2013 yet. Secondly if you asked me now would I take player X in 2014 after his 2011 and 2012 seasons were injury mared, I would likely say no right now on any player.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schmoop.. i guess you and i look at injury prone differently. To me if a guy is missing multiple games across multiple seasons due to injury, I consider that prone. To me it doesnt matter if its because he tweeked a knee in year one, then had a shoulder injury in year two. Be it his playing style, lack of physical preparedness, or just dumb luck... it shows a history of injury. Not the type of guy I personally go crazy over in free agency. I agree if you take the contract all by itself it looks good for the Cowboys. But in this situation you have to look at the teams over all cap picture. And while as a Cowboys fan you are duty bound to disagree, most people outside of Cowboys nation realize that Dallas is in an unfavorable cap situation going forward, and while you kept the player this does not help the cap situation in the short or long term. Now if Lee had managed to stay healthy and produce this year without missing time, my opinion on him might have changed. But a year out... firstly Im not even remotely looking at free agents for 2014 considering we havent even played in 2013 yet. Secondly if you asked me now would I take player X in 2014 after his 2011 and 2012 seasons were injury mared, I would likely say no right now on any player.
your opinion on why not to take a guy in FA is fine by me. I just disagree on how simple you look at what you are calling injury proned. When dealing with Millions of dollars I don't think you can be so simple at drawing your conclusions. Give you one example. Jimmy Smith! We labeled him Injury prone & he went on to be one of the best WRs for many years to come! Our Cap situation is what it is whether we sign Lee or not. His contract is cap friendly (step in right direction) to say we have Cap issues so we might as well not sign any of our stars is ridiculous. until that gets righted. I would much rather have to deal with a C player on the team instead of having a B player somewhere, instead of saying, hey lets let all of our stars walk so we can have all B players & no C players.

I don't look at Injury prone the same as you, & there isn't a single angle where Lee's contract can be construed as a bad move.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"there isn't a single angle where Lee's contract can be construed as a bad move"

100% correct but redskins have to have their forum on all things cowboys

actually ran a thread last Saturday night talking about the cards game

might have as many posts on the Lee signing as this site

it is what it is and has been for a very long time
Blame George Allen

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schmoopy.... Signing him as a FA, resigning him are two totally different things. It made since to resign your own, and I might look at him differently if he was already on roster. But when you are talking millions of Dollars for a guy who might or might not fit into your system who has an injury history.. to me yes it is that simple. You guys keep trying to point to me saying it was a bad move for Dallas. I have said it wasnt a bad move at face value. But you will have to see if he avoids the freak injuries and no matter how team friendly his deal is, it cant be looked at in a vaccum. His deal effectivelt raised Dallas' currently committed money for 2014 to $150 million. No matter how you slice it, thats a huge chunk of money that you will be committed over the cap. It means reworks and or cuts. Reworks mean taking more money out of future years, cuts can and will do the same depending on who gets cut. I have said many times, its a great on field move for Dallas, especially if he manages to stay healthy. Cap wise in the long run, Dallas is just digging a deeper hole.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schmoopy.... Signing him as a FA, resigning him are two totally different things. It made since to resign your own, and I might look at him differently if he was already on roster. But when you are talking millions of Dollars for a guy who might or might not fit into your system who has an injury history.. to me yes it is that simple. You guys keep trying to point to me saying it was a bad move for Dallas. I have said it wasnt a bad move at face value. But you will have to see if he avoids the freak injuries and no matter how team friendly his deal is, it cant be looked at in a vaccum. His deal effectivelt raised Dallas' currently committed money for 2014 to $150 million. No matter how you slice it, thats a huge chunk of money that you will be committed over the cap. It means reworks and or cuts. Reworks mean taking more money out of future years, cuts can and will do the same depending on who gets cut. I have said many times, its a great on field move for Dallas, especially if he manages to stay healthy. Cap wise in the long run, Dallas is just digging a deeper hole.
Well we are gonna have to agree to disagree. like I said not one bad thing (in all value) in this signing. Whether Lee is signed or not. Some deals was already gonna have to be reworked, & some players was already gonna get cut. This is from past mistakes. Not from signing Lee or Dez or whoever. cant fix the cap situation you are talking about in one year. & no self respecting team can quit signing talent while they are fixing the cap situation.
So on this Injury conversation & contract, we are just gonna have to agree to disagree. To me Lee's contract doesnt dig a deeper hole. it will help fill the hole in our future. I still think we got him signed for cheap to boot. If we let him get to FA It would have cost a helluva lot more.