• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's why I think the 49ers should beat the Giants

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* These stats don't include Playoffs

YARDS ALLOWED

49ers - 4,930 (4th)
Giants - 6,022 (27th)

PASS YARDS ALLOWED

49ers - 3,694 (16th)
Giants - 4,082 (29th)

RUSH YARDS ALLOWED

49ers - 1,236 (1st)
Giants - 1,940 (19th)

POINTS ALLOWED

49ers - 229 (2nd)
Giants - 400 (25th)

INTERCEPTION RATIO *Defense / Offense

49ers - 23 forced interceptions (2nd) / 5 thrown interceptions (1st)
Giants - 20 forced interceptions (5th) / 16 thrown interceptions (8th)

FUMBLE RATIO

49ers - 14 forced fumbles (1st) / 5 lost fumbles (1st)
Giants - 11 forced fumbles (4th) / 8 lost fumbles (6th)

1ST DOWNS ALLOWED

49ers - 267 (2nd)
Giants - 338 (26th)

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants do have more sacks than the 49ers

SACKS

Giants - 48 (3rd)
49ers - 42 (7th)

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are a better defensive team now, but I still think the 49ers will exploit their rush defense, Smith will rush for a couple big first downs, and the 49ers will keep it 3rd and short which will help to negate the Giants pass rush.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone keeps calling in radio stations down here saying that Manning is the x factor and that's why the Giants will win. But I think he is the x factor in which they may also lose. He is prone to throw some bad interceptions and if we can get him to do that, then we have a good chance to win.

Yad... I agree. Gotta keep it to 3rd and short. That's key. I don't think we ran the ball that great the first time we played them, but I remember the offense coming out throwing a lot more.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it like this. Is Eli going to put up better stats than Brees just did to us? I don't think so. As usual for our team it all comes down to how many times we score TDs instead of FGs.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Brees > Eli
Sproles, Thomas, Ivory > Bradshaw, Jacobs
Graham >>> Jake Ballard
Colston, Meachem, Henderson = Nicks, Cruz, Manningham
Saints O line = Giants O line

Saints D-line < Giants D-line
Saints linebackers = Giants linebackers
Saints secondary = Giants secondary

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone keeps calling in radio stations down here saying that Manning is the x factor and that's why the Giants will win. But I think he is the x factor in which they may also lose. He is prone to throw some bad interceptions and if we can get him to do that, then we have a good chance to win.

Yad... I agree. Gotta keep it to 3rd and short. That's key. I don't think we ran the ball that great the first time we played them, but I remember the offense coming out throwing a lot more.

20 carries for 77 yards...not great.

The Giants? 29 carries for 93 yards....that sucks.

We've got the edge here.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Extra day off and Home field advantage

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I look at it like this. Is Eli going to put up better stats than Brees just did to us? I don't think so. As usual for our team it all comes down to how many times we score TDs instead of FGs.

Bree's stats went for naught because of the turnovers. isn't "As usual for our team....." is more about getting turnovers?

but no doubt TD's vs FG's is a concern no matter whats 'the usual'.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Another little thing that is starting to annoy me going into this game.....yes, I'm kind of easily annoyed when I'm at work.....this line that the Giants were "a Justin Smith tipped pass away from winning" the last game. So what? An incomplete pass is an incomplete pass, no matter when it happens.....I'm sure the Niners had some red zone plays that could have gone their way too, but because the other one happened near the end its treated as so much more important and decisive.

And if we're going to start reversing important plays, lets talk about how the game goes if the ball doesn't bounce off Ginn's facemask straight to a defender. Lots of plays could have gone one way or the other.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another little thing that is starting to annoy me going into this game.....yes, I'm kind of easily annoyed when I'm at work.....this line that the Giants were "a Justin Smith tipped pass away from winning" the last game. So what? An incomplete pass is an incomplete pass, no matter when it happens.....I'm sure the Niners had some red zone plays that could have gone their way too, but because the other one happened near the end its treated as so much more important and decisive.

And if we're going to start reversing important plays, lets talk about how the game goes if the ball doesn't bounce off Ginn's facemask straight to a defender. Lots of plays could have gone one way or the other.

yep, recall June Jones used to say its usually 5-6 plays that make a game? pretty sure he said this for somewhat competitive games. anyways, this is why turnovers are so huge.

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They're a healthy team now. They'll be a challenge, but I think we'll win.

What's scary is the Patriots. I hope the Ravens can handle them.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gore is due to have a big game. the giants are gonna have to respect gore so that will keep their defensive linemen from pinning their ears back.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

i KNOW how good Brady is along with their passing game overall, but have to wonder who's a tougher opponent? if you look at both teams overall, who'll give us more match up problems?

the SB will be in a dome so i'd think that favors the Pats passing game? but even our offense would move against their D.

but the Ravens play our game and match up in several spots? are there any spots where our players are better? its like needing a diamond to cut diamond?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I'm a bit worried about their passing game. The Saints have bigger WRs, and obviously some speed in Henderson and Meachem, but not as much quickness as the Giants have. I still think we match up pretty well, but I am concerned they might be able to break off some long stuff.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Not to mention they were a Justin Smith tipped pass away from converting a fourth down, not score a TD. And even the TD would have only tied the game, not won it for them.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Agreed. Even with their mediocre defense, I don't know if we can slow down that offense enough. Though Rogers on Welker would be a great matchup.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i KNOW how good Brady is along with their passing game overall, but have to wonder who's a tougher opponent? if you look at both teams overall, who'll give us more match up problems?

the SB will be in a dome so i'd think that favors the Pats passing game? but even our offense would move against their D.

but the Ravens play our game and match up in several spots? are there any spots where our players are better? its like needing a diamond to cut diamond?

The Pats offense is not as balanced or hot as the Saints offense was.

Also, Pats lost to the Giants and Steelers in the regular season, so Pats tend to lose to teams with superior defenses.