• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here we go with postponing the final week of the season talk

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boomer is speculating of course but I see no way that the NFL does this. To much $$$ involved with contracts that are signed & legal responsibilities etc
My best guess is the games go on as scheduled and they call the Bengals -Bills game a Bengals win since they were leading or a tie or don’t count it at all. One would think they have some kind of precedent on the books for this and will have to dust it off and just go by the rules.

Way above what I want to look up but it is a issue.

Did any of y’all donate to the charity toy drive go fund me?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously if there weren't playoff implications on the line then this is an easier situation to handle... But it impacts multiple teams.

Seeing how they haven't made a decision yet I would assume there's very little chance week 18 is impacted. If anything they delay it until the following week (maybe TNF).

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who has paid attention to these type of things before knows they'll make a bad decision for bad reasons and then spend a million dollars in public relations money to "influence" twitter dorks.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously if there weren't playoff implications on the line then this is an easier situation to handle... But it impacts multiple teams.

Seeing how they haven't made a decision yet I would assume there's very little chance week 18 is impacted. If anything they delay it until the following week (maybe TNF).
it only makes a difference in seeding both cincy/buff are in:suds:

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it only makes a difference in seeding both cincy/buff are in:suds:
Buff vs. KC (or the outside chance that Cincy could have landed the #1) getting a bye is a pretty big difference. But there's no good solution here, so I guess it just is-what-it-is.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boomer is speculating of course but I see no way that the NFL does this. To much $$$ involved with contracts that are signed & legal responsibilities etc
My best guess is the games go on as scheduled and they call the Bengals -Bills game a Bengals win since they were leading or a tie or don’t count it at all. One would think they have some kind of precedent on the books for this and will have to dust it off and just go by the rules.

Way above what I want to look up but it is a issue.

Did any of y’all donate to the charity toy drive go fund me?
As @ducky pointed, out the fines for the NFL doing this from CBS, et al, would be massive. Or at least in the eyes of billionaires.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how it's possible unless they plan on having only one week between the conference games and the Super Bowl which in my mind is not doable.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder if they are letting week 18 play out and hoping outcome makes that game meaningless or close to it (if that's even possible)?

Hard to see them having 1 week dedicated solely to that game.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've already announced that this week goes as scheduled but haven't decided moving forward. Honestly, as much as it's going to piss some fans off, the most likely scenario is a no contest and live with the backlash. It's kind of a lesser of all bad things at this point. But when it comes down to it, this is a game for our viewing entertainment and none of this shit is worth getting bent out of shape about. It's fine to speculate about what might happen but it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.
In the big picture, all that should matter is that a young man is fighting for his life and we should all just worry about that. Keep him and his family in our foremost thoughts and hope for a good outcome. Put yourself in the shoes of a parent for a minute and reflect on it. Hell, for that matter, think of all the millions of parents out there dealing with life threatening situations involving their children.

PS. Not saying any of you aren't doing that but just reminding us of what's really important here.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So on Wednesday or maybe even Thursday you are going to cancel every game this weekend? People are flying all over the Country and next week some of these stadiums may have concerts or other events booked so they may need to play at a different site? And then do all of this just to play one game this entire weekend and play it on Monday which would be even more bizarre of a decision. Why are we considering these scenarios. It was a horrible thing that happened and the only viable solution is unfortunately to not play that game once they couldn't play it on Tuesday. It's not a big deal. I get it that it screws up the seedings, but too bad. The life of a player and the mental state of his teammates was prioritized. Deal with it and move on.

The only other even remotely possible option is to play this week as scheduled and play this one game next week and have all other playoff teams off and eliminate the second week off before the SB. But even that could have issues based on stadium availability. At least that is possible. What Boomer said is moronic, but he is a moron, so...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only games I could see being canceled (beyond the suspended game) would be Pats at Buffalo (and maybe Bengals/Ravens if the Bengals players also aren't ready). I would assume those would be treated as forfeits, but maybe not? Tough to project.

Bengals might end up playing the Ravens again the following week anyway.