• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here we go again. Rose "I might be back for playoffs"

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CHICAGO -- Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose said Thursday he won't close the door on returning for the playoffs if his surgically repaired knee is up to it.

"If I'm healthy and the situation is right, I'm going to be back playing," Rose said Thursday during a news conference in his first public comments since tearing the meniscus in his right knee Nov. 22. "If I'm healthy and my meniscus is fully healed, of course I'll be out there playing. But if it's something totally different and the outcome is not how I would want it to be, there's no need."

Asked how he would respond to those who question whether he can still be a franchise cornerstone, Rose said after a 10-second pause: "You can be a fool if you want to. Dead serious. I know I'm going to be all right. I believe that I'm a special player."

:rolleyes2:

Derrick Rose of Chicago Bulls won't rule out return for playoffs - ESPN Chicago

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CHICAGO -- Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose said Thursday he won't close the door on returning for the playoffs if his surgically repaired knee is up to it.

"If I'm healthy and the situation is right, I'm going to be back playing," Rose said Thursday during a news conference in his first public comments since tearing the meniscus in his right knee Nov. 22. "If I'm healthy and my meniscus is fully healed, of course I'll be out there playing. But if it's something totally different and the outcome is not how I would want it to be, there's no need."

Asked how he would respond to those who question whether he can still be a franchise cornerstone, Rose said after a 10-second pause: "You can be a fool if you want to. Dead serious. I know I'm going to be all right. I believe that I'm a special player."

:rolleyes2:

Derrick Rose of Chicago Bulls won't rule out return for playoffs - ESPN Chicago

That pussy will never be healthy again - Word:laugh3:

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to make the playoffs first

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least LBJ learned from his mistakes, Rose is making the same mistake again.

and LOL at him coming back, his ACL took how long? and he is going to come back in the playoffs? if the situation is right? What, LBJ is injured and the Pacers...move to the Western conference?

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took him what, 18 months? Something like that to recover from his first ACL injury. He isn't coming back he is just doing the same shit he did last year. He is gonna hype up his return (which will take maybe 20 months) and then when he comes back he will do even worse than he was doing this year. Hes overrated and with 2 blown knees he won't be very good.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair he wasnt clear on if he meant THIS years playoffs. He should be "mentally ready" by the 2016 playoffs at the LATEST!!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he meant back on the sidelines in street clothes rooting for his team in the playoffs.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt bad for him but then he days stuff like that after last years hype for a full year, dude is just milking this too much.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could just have him stand on the sidelines and trip people. He aint good for much else.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could just have him stand on the sidelines and trip people. He aint good for much else.

And he will still be the one who ends up getting injured

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If I'm healthy and my meniscus is fully healed, of course I'll be out there playing.]

tatum_channing_laughing_hysterically-1508.gif

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to make the playoffs first

Which is exactly why he felt free to say this. That team ain't makin' the playoffs unless it's be sheer attrition.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like there chances unless they throw in the towl

Why? Because the East is Indiana, Miami and a bunch of bad teams. They need to just let Indy and Miami play for it and save the trouble.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. The guy is too honest for his own good. He should have kept that thought to himself. Just go along with being out, no one says anything, and if he feels good enough to return for the playoffs just do it and everyone will applaud him for it. Now he just opened himself up for more bullshit talking points

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. The guy is too honest for his own good. He should have kept that thought to himself. Just go along with being out, no one says anything, and if he feels good enough to return for the playoffs just do it and everyone will applaud him for it. Now he just opened himself up for more bullshit talking points

This is a really good point, and I am sick of players being forced to say the PC cue card cookie cutter BS, if want them all to sound the same then why bother asking the question...but he was making commercials etc and a distraction to his team from the bench last year and despite being physically healthy he was not mentally ready. I understand and support a lot of mental issues but don't go making commercials about your triumphant return when your head is so weak. Do not be a distraction to your teammates who are fighting through shit and FFS DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES AGAIN!!!

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Rose will say this as he's not going to say he wouldn't play if he's healthy. The false hope gives Bulls fans a reason to show up to the games. Unfortunately Rose will end up like many before him (Penny Hardaway, and Brandon Roy) in showing all this promise to be an elite player but his talents will greatly diminish due to injuries. His injuries are not like the others where he's coming back to soon it's more because of his style of play. It's inevitable that he was going to sustain many injuries with that level of reckless play in risking his body.

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe him this time.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather him just keep his mouth shut instead of feeding fuel to all his haters and doubters.