• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hell's Bells! Mariano Says Farewell to Yankee With a Whimper, A's, Braves Clinch

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samuel L Jackson was nowhere to be found.........

A tiny snake as slender as a pen forced the grounding of a Japan-bound Qantas flight in the Australian city of Sydney overnight, stranding hundreds of passengers.

The non-venomous reptile, about eight inches (20 centimetres) long, was found near the doorway of a Boeing 747-400 bound for Tokyo on Sunday night, a Qantas spokeswoman told AFP.
"The snake was taken to quarantine to determine where it came from," she said.
The plane had been on the tarmac in Sydney for most of Sunday after completing a flight from Singapore, and the snake was found by air crew before any passengers boarded.

It was uncertain where the reptile had come from but the Department of Agriculture has identified it as a Mandarin ratsnake which is mainly found in Asia.
All 370 passengers were booked into hotels overnight and a replacement flight left Sydney on Monday morning.

It was the second snake incident for Qantas this year. A three-metre (nine foot) python hitched a ride from the tropical Australian city of Cairns to Papua New Guinea's Port Moresby in January.
The python had been tucked into the plane's wing before takeoff, and amazed passengers watched from the window as it engaged in a life-or-death struggle to maintain its grip in fierce winds and zero temperatures.

It was still on the aircraft when it landed in PNG but had died during the journey.
A freight pilot was forced to make an emergency landing in northern Australia in April 2012 after a snake slithered from the dashboard of his plane.

Australia is home to 20 of the world's 25 most venomous snakes, including the entire top ten, according to the University of Melbourne's Australia Venom Research Unit.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only nerds would need nickelodeon to learn about football

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent been in years, last time I went to a Raider-Charger game it was in San Diego. Will never do that again, was about a half mile from the stadium and took an hour to get into the game. Been to quite a few Raider-Bronco games in Oakland and in LA.

Free tickets + not having to drive or pay for parking = winner.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent been in years, last time I went to a Raider-Charger game it was in San Diego. Will never do that again, was about a half mile from the stadium and took an hour to get into the game. Been to quite a few Raider-Bronco games in Oakland and in LA.

Getting in/out of Qualcomm for Chargers games is bullshit. Last season I went to the Ravens/Chargers and had to park all the way down at Home Depot and risk getting my car towed. And getting on the 15 afterward is just pure hell if you're in the lot.

And if it's the raiders, there's just too much violence.

I'm over it though going to be a big MNF game is intriguing.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Winner? What's that?" - hammer

I ask Worrld or Brock for a Red Sox playoffs prediction.

crickets.gif

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hammer, if you had a chance, what would you set the salary cap in MLB?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hammer, if you had a chance, what would you set the salary cap in MLB?

The only thing I'd change in baseball is to make the AL start playing a pure game again, not bastardized baseball.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, okay! So you're not as confident as I thought you were.

nice try

they've been the best team in baseball most of the year

but they match up better with some teams than others

i know what you're trying to do

it isnt working

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh, backpeddling. So do you guys want to go on record with a prediction, or not? How do the Red Sox fare in the AL?

The Sox have as good a chance as anybody in the AL, and maybe better. They have a deep team of quality hitters and pitchers, many of whom have actually won a World Series, and a closer that doesn't give away at bats, no less games.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice try

they've been the best team in baseball most of the year

but they match up better with some teams than others

i know what you're trying to do

it isnt working

Oh yeah. I'm being real sly about it. :rollseyes:

But I get the point. Brock says "no problems" til the World Series.

Worrld is confident but not making any statements at this time.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I'd change in baseball is to make the AL start playing a pure game again, not bastardized baseball.

the AL has an additional job called a DH. it keeps people employed and rests the pitchers in-between half innings.

so all this bitching and no salary cap? what were we talking about again?