• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat VS BUCKS Series Thread

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks will get swept. Jennings played out of his mind.. battier and allen sucked from 3. Bucks arent going to be the team that stops this freight train.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Battier and Allen shot 3-15 from 3 and the Heat won by 25....Not a good thing for Milwaukee

It's been rare when both of our leading 3-point shooters go cold on the same night from beyond the 3-pt. line. Yet, the Heat still pulled away starting the 2nd half despite Brandon Jennings and Monte Ellis playing good games. Reggie Miller even noted that these two at times are going to have to take questionable shots given that they're the only chance that the Bucks have to even make this remotely competitive.

I'm watching ESPN right now and Lebron has his own record of most playoff games with at least 25pts 10 rebs. 8 asst. Pretty impressive since Oscar Robertson, Magic Johnson, and Larry Bird are on this list and no one else has more than 10, while Lebron has 13 (at the initial start of the peak of his career).

On a separate note, I'd like to thank Paolo for changing his habits from the CBS boards. Shane didn't play a great game last night, but the only time you criticized him was on bad play by him by fouling Jennings. Which was definitely warranted. In short - thank you.

I will take a similar approach to most of you and say that Rashard and MM should be played more sparingly in each series. I don't like the idea of using Shane considerable right off the bat considering that we sometimes rely on Shane to try to slow down key players on other teams - Durant, Melo, etc.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as well all love Ray Allen. I know we all said at the beginning of the season and at the midway point that he was the best FA pickup this season....But with the Birdman playing as he is and bringing what he does to the table, does that change your opinion on Allen? I think Birdman was our best pickup.. he brings such energy to the floor and excitement to the crowd.

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid FA picks both but....

One of your better FA picks up was Mike Bibby ..." Ice in his Veins" as some of you guys were calling him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as well all love Ray Allen. I know we all said at the beginning of the season and at the midway point that he was the best FA pickup this season....But with the Birdman playing as he is and bringing what he does to the table, does that change your opinion on Allen? I think Birdman was our best pickup.. he brings such energy to the floor and excitement to the crowd.

I have to go with the Birdman. Our glaring weakness was a big man with energy that could rebound. Birdman eliminates that as we've only lost 3 games since the All-star break, and he's been a major factor. If the Heat win the title this season, no one can say that he was lucky to be on the roster similar to Turiaf. I have a feeling the staff will do whatever is in the confines of the CBA to hold onto Birdman.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been rare when both of our leading 3-point shooters go cold on the same night from beyond the 3-pt. line. Yet, the Heat still pulled away starting the 2nd half despite Brandon Jennings and Monte Ellis playing good games. Reggie Miller even noted that these two at times are going to have to take questionable shots given that they're the only chance that the Bucks have to even make this remotely competitive.

I'm watching ESPN right now and Lebron has his own record of most playoff games with at least 25pts 10 rebs. 8 asst. Pretty impressive since Oscar Robertson, Magic Johnson, and Larry Bird are on this list and no one else has more than 10, while Lebron has 13 (at the initial start of the peak of his career).

On a separate note, I'd like to thank Paolo for changing his habits from the CBS boards. Shane didn't play a great game last night, but the only time you criticized him was on bad play by him by fouling Jennings. Which was definitely warranted. In short - thank you.

I will take a similar approach to most of you and say that Rashard and MM should be played more sparingly in each series. I don't like the idea of using Shane considerable right off the bat considering that we sometimes rely on Shane to try to slow down key players on other teams - Durant, Melo, etc.

No need to thank me. This is just further proof to you and others who have complained about my “habits” that I don’t “hate” Shane nor even dislike him, quite simply don’t value the guy as much as every one else... it is my personal opnion.

I am sure he will pick it up offensively from this point forward and his defense will be okay... Not sure what was really up with him last night - if it was him just trying to do too much when it was not necessary or just completely not his night - But, often times I have noticed that when one or two of the big 3 has a stellar game as was the case last night, one of our key guys off the bench is kinda off... that is what happen last night.

Also, some have expressed concern over Ray Allen during the season playing too much and possibly wearing down at the wrong time (post-season) - Could it be that he is wearing down and the staff has to limit his minutes even in the playoffs? Could the same thing be happening to Shane? He started some games in the season, then when he was coming off the bench he was playing starter minutes still - could they be wearing down some? or was it just a bad day? rust?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone going to game 2? I will be watching from home... I will stick to my formula of going to one-game per series

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid FA picks both but....

One of your better FA picks up was Mike Bibby ..." Ice in his Veins" as some of you guys were calling him.

At the time, we thought it was an upgrade.
Good thing was it cost us NOTHING.

On the other hand, Laker fans actually thought Howard would be their new leader. The future of the franchise.
Good luck with that. He still has all the bad habits he had with Orlando, but that is now combined with a back surgery.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw some tweets yesterday by some fans quoting something Barkley said during post-game of the Heat - in which he said that this has to be the worse first round in playoff history - His reason was basically because, according to him, you know who the elite teams are in each matchup and they are almost certain to come out on top... basically suggesting you will not see an “upset” in the first round. Thoughts?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time, we thought it was an upgrade.
Good thing was it cost us NOTHING.

On the other hand, Laker fans actually thought Howard would be their new leader. The future of the franchise.
Good luck with that. He still has all the bad habits he had with Orlando, but that is now combined with a back surgery.

It cost us something turnup.. The great Carlos Arroyo.:laugh3:

Laker fans remember the karl malone/gary payton pickups? Or how DHoward and Steve Nash was going to let you guys compete with Miami for the title.. How's that working out for ya?:lol:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw some tweets yesterday by some fans quoting something Barkley said during post-game of the Heat - in which he said that this has to be the worse first round in playoff history - His reason was basically because, according to him, you know who the elite teams are in each matchup and they are almost certain to come out on top... basically suggesting you will not see an “upset” in the first round. Thoughts?

Barkley threw out the possibility of Golden St. and Denver being an entertaining series. I think that one would still be close, despite the injuries on both sides. Also, Chicago will make an series really competitive. Right now they're currently up 14 on the Nets in Brooklyn.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Also, Chicago will make an series really competitive. Right now they're currently up 14 on the Nets in Brooklyn. "

Heat should have 2 or fewer losses heading into the ECF.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Also, Chicago will make an series really competitive. Right now they're currently up 14 on the Nets in Brooklyn. "

Heat should have 2 or fewer losses heading into the ECF.

I think if we play Chicago we may have 3.

If we sweep MIL and play BKLYN, we should just have 1 L heading into the ECF

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we play Chicago we may have 3.

If we sweep MIL and play BKLYN, we should just have 1 L heading into the ECF

If we sweep the Bucks then you're insinuating that Chicago pushes us to a game 7. Part of me actually wants Chicago. That team pushes the Heat to it's limits every time and would prepare us for Indiana/New York. The other part of me wants nothing to do with Noah and Deng along with the Bulls and would rather take Brooklyn for less hassle.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we sweep the Bucks then you're insinuating that Chicago pushes us to a game 7. Part of me actually wants Chicago. That team pushes the Heat to it's limits every time and would prepare us for Indiana/New York. The other part of me wants nothing to do with Noah and Deng along with the Bulls and would rather take Brooklyn for less hassle.

Point is I don't think we sweep the Bucks. If we do sweep the bucks then without a doubt we won't have more than 2 losses heading into the ECF.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with BK , Chicago would be team that will help the heat get better for the next round. Chicago plays that tough physical playoff defend. They will get us better prepare.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Ira, Spo says everyone is a go for the game tonight and with the same lineup

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Hot Jerseys again - Which I think will be the case for every home game