• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat VS BUCKS Series Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? I posted something VERY RELEVANT to the thread and you call that trolling?

So it must be true what most NBA fans say about the heat "fanbase".:censored:

I'm just saying, we haven't heard from the Lakers trolls on the CBS boards all season long as opposed to last season. All of a sudden we hear from you after you make the playoffs as a 7th seed and now you're back to your usual shenanigans.

I also don't care about what other Heat fans do to you. I'm not them, the only time I've been on the Lakers forum on CBS was to express my condolences of losing Dr. Buss who's one of the great team owners in sports history. I didn't realize that was a crime.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay ladies.... Here it is...Bucks will eliminate the heat....:suds:

Brandon Jennings: We Will Beat Heat In 6 Games

Published April 19, 2013 | By Mark Evans
This season, the Milwaukee Bucks got the misfortune of matching up with the Miami Heat in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs. Almost everyone is expecting the defending champion Heat to destroy the Bucks, and no one really thinks that there is a serious chance at an upset here. It’s very rare that a number one seed loses in the first round, especially when that one seed is led by a player like LeBron James in his prime.
You can put Brandon Jennings on the short-list of people expecting an upset. The shoot-first point guard is calling an upset over the Miami Heat in 6 games. Yes, you read that right. Milwaukee over Miami. In 6 games.

This almost guarantees that Miami sweeps them...Thanks Brandon

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that you need to have confidence going into a game, but for Jennings to say that the Bucks will beat Miami in 6, is just foolish.. If he were to say they would take Miami to 7 and then anything is possible, Id be like ok with it... but saying they will beat Miami in 6? He just signed the Bucks deathwish. He just ignited the fire for Miami...

The team who won 37 of 39 games in the past 2 months are going to all of sudden lose 4 games in less than 2 weeks...Hard to see

Gator863

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are quite used to Lakers fans coming on to post a negative messages about Lebron and the Heat, so probably thought your message was a shot at the Heat. I guess you can't expect Jennings to come out and say the Bucks don't stand a chance.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are quite used to Lakers fans coming on to post a negative messages about Lebron and the Heat, so probably thought your message was a shot at the Heat. I guess you can't expect Jennings to come out and say the Bucks don't stand a chance.

Agree but I'm wondering if a reporter asked him a question about their chances in the series or did he just come out of the blue with this statement. And BTW if you're a smart enough guy there are ways to say you think your team have a chance in the series without actually making a guarantee/prediction

Gator863

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what will the Heat's starting line-up be? They were saying on the radio that thought Cole would see some extra time in this series. They were also questioning if they should let Wade sit this series out. IMO play him, but limit his minutes.

Gator863

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree but I'm wondering if a reporter asked him a question about their chances in the series or did he just come out of the blue with this statement. And BTW if you're a smart enough guy there are ways to say you think your team have a chance in the series without actually making a guarantee/prediction

True, but he does not have a lot to lose by saying it. I am hoping he was asked and did not just offer the prediction.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what will the Heat's starting line-up be? They were saying on the radio that thought Cole would see some extra time in this series. They were also questioning if they should let Wade sit this series out. IMO play him, but limit his minutes.

I think they go with the normal starting line-up. I can see Cole getting more minutes because he is a better on the ball defender against PGs than Chalmers.

As for sitting Wade out the series that is just stupid. You're going to sit Wade out 2 weeks for what? So he can be rusty when we play a much better team than Milwaukee 2 weeks from now? Wade is fine. He looked like the same old D-Wade in his final 2 games as he shook the rust off. Had 21 and 10 on 60% shooting on wed and 22,4, and 4 on 58% shooting sunday after shooting 33% for just 11 points friday against boston

Gator863

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they go with the normal starting line-up. I can see Cole getting more minutes because he is a better on the ball defender against PGs than Chalmers.

As for sitting Wade out the series that is just stupid. You're going to sit Wade out 2 weeks for what? So he can be rusty when we play a much better team than Milwaukee 2 weeks from now? Wade is fine. He looked like the same old D-Wade in his final 2 games as he shook the rust off. Had 21 and 10 on 60% shooting on wed and 22,4, and 4 on 58% shooting sunday after shooting 33% for just 11 points friday against boston

Yeah, they were saying with quickness of the Bucks guards that Cole would help defensively.

I agree on Wade. If the Heat play well, Wade will get plenty of rest during this series.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 more wins left this year boys.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be like ok with it... but saying they will beat Miami in 6? He just signed the Bucks deathwish. He just ignited the fire for Miami...

What he meant to say is that it would be competitive. I think you might be right. Theres always someone that opens their mouth and seals the casket for their team.

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a Sweep is nice and more rest for the STARTERS---
GO MIAMI Heat -my mortgage money is on this series---WIN OR LOSE THE MORTGAGE MONEY.[I'm way ahead for the season anyways===PROFIT WISE-THANKS TO THE HEAT.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IN THE LANE

FINAL NUMBERS: Pausing for a quick look back, there were a few obscure stats from the regular season worth noting. LeBron James, for instance, closed with the highest overall shooting percentage (.565) of a player converting at least 100 3-pointers, breaking the NBA record of .542 by John Stockton in 1994-95. But he wasn't perfect, with James ending the regular season without taking at least one charge. Then there's Chris Andersen, whose 39-3 ride with the Heat gave him the highest winning percentage of a player to appear in at least 41 games (half of a full season), his .929 eclipsing the .903 of Luc Longley (56-6) with the 1995-96 Chicago Bulls and 54-6 (.900) of the Bulls' Dickey Simpkins that same season.

INTRIGUING PICK: If the Cleveland Cavaliers truly are intent on luring James back to Cleveland when his opt-out arrives in the 2014 offseason, it will be interesting to see the direction they move in with their replacement for deposed coach Byron Scott. Remember, this was a team that previously dismissed Mike Brown in a move to attempt to appease James prior to 2010 free agency, when James ultimately left for the Heat. If John Calipari somehow winds up as the Cavaliers' choice, then it might be time to at least consider how deep the James-Calipari connections run.

TOO MUCH, TOO LATE: No, Tracy McGrady, Quentin Richardson, Donte Greene and others added in the final days of the regular season aren’t going to swing the playoff pendulum. But that's not the point. The point is that the postseason is supposed to be the culmination defining the best team (therefore best roster) of the regular season. This is not the NFL, where the attrition is so severe that pickups have to be allowed even during the playoffs. Following the lead of Major League Baseball, with a definitive cutoff of at least a month in advance, regardless of where the added player has played previously, makes sense. Teams scouting a playoff opponent shouldn't have to deal with a wild-card five days before the start of the postseason. It's one thing if a Derrick Rose makes it back from an injury. It's another if a wild-card comes walking through that door.

TOUGH ENOUGH: Amid their search for rebounding over the final weeks of the season, the Boston Celtics believe they found something in former Heat forward Shavlik Randolph. "He's a natural instigator," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said of a player who off the court is as mild-mannered as anyone in the league. "It's not the fake instigator who tries to start stuff. He doesn't do any of that. He plays so hard that he really gets under the skin of his opponents. And you like that."

THE BETTER HALF?: Apparently Denver Nuggets coach George Karl is taking the field against the Heat in the NBA playoffs, well, at least the Western Conference. "I'm going to tell you, the West is going to win this year," he told the Denver Post.

NUMBER

3. Teams that have had teammates average at least 20 points, five rebound and five assists, with the Heat with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade this season joining the 1991-92 Bulls (Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen) and 1971-72 Celtics (John Havlicek and Jo Jo White).

Some numbers of note from Ira Winderman

Heat topped NBA standings by 6 games. Only six teams in last 40 seasons have enjoyed bigger margins. They all won the title.
By Tim Reynolds

Yours truly,
Paolo aka The Pidgeon

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
THE BETTER HALF?: Apparently Denver Nuggets coach George Karl is taking the field against the Heat in the NBA playoffs, well, at least the Western Conference. "I'm going to tell you, the West is going to win this year," he told the Denver Post.

George Karl took the field last season and said the Heat wouldn't win either. We all saw how that turned out. Maybe he should focus on the playoffs instead of making predictions.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, who do you guys got in todays games, particularly in the Knicks- Celtics series? Hard to choose from two teams you strongly dislike.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping Boston win as a win today would likely mean a 6 or 7 game series

Gator863

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, who do you guys got in todays games, particularly in the Knicks- Celtics series? Hard to choose from two teams you strongly dislike.

Hate them both, but think NY should win at home. If Rondo were healthy, I am not sure which team I would pick to win. I hope it is a close, tough fought series.

Denver at home. Is Noah playing today? If not, definitely would go with Brooklyn. I like Memphis against LA.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm hoping Celtics. The Celtics would better prepare the Heat for the Finals similar to last season. The Knicks are just flashy, Boston plays great fundamental basketball. I hate both teams, but I loathe the Knicks.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
allabout, I am thinking the same thing with regards to the Knicks as I watch this game... They are not a fundamentally sound team - they are just flasy as you said... Nothing really special... nothing our team does not do when they feel like it. In that case, I would attribute any success the knicks have had to this point , and will in the future, to pure luck more than anything else... Call me a hater or lack of respect but thats just how I see their team