• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Headed to my 1st 9er home game next week vs Carolina!!

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Got the plane tickets and game tickets for my birthday!! Woohoo!

excited.gif

Anyone going to the game?

And any advice on the stadium or places to go in the City?

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd suggest taking BART/Muni bus to the game because driving in/out of Candlestick is a bitch.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to my 1st 49ers game this year also. It was the Sunday night game vs the Texans. If you're taking the bus in and out of the game I would tell you to leave the game before its over. I had to wait in a 2 hour bus line after the 49ers beat the Texans. Also while in SF I would go to Fisherman's Wharf, rent a bike and ride it to the Golden Gate Bridge, go to Chinatown and ride the trolley. The trolley lines r usually long but I wouldnt try to walk up the hills. I tried and got tired really fast lol.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I went to my 1st 49ers game this year also. It was the Sunday night game vs the Texans. If you're taking the bus in and out of the game I would tell you to leave the game before its over. I had to wait in a 2 hour bus line after the 49ers beat the Texans. Also while in SF I would go to Fisherman's Wharf, rent a bike and ride it to the Golden Gate Bridge, go to Chinatown and ride the trolley. The trolley lines r usually long but I wouldnt try to walk up the hills. I tried and got tired really fast lol.

Great! Thanks for the feedback!

Anybody else have issues with the bus line after the game? I'd hate to leave the game a little early but yeah, a 2 hr bus line would suck,lol

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really?! Dang, never had that happen, but I have experience with long ass bus waits in general, so I believe it happens. I'm almost always out of the Stick surprisingly fast. Guess I just move my ass when the game is over haha.

Seems like whenever friends & I drive to games we get shitcanned with traffic. :noidea:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

excited.gif

Plenty of places to go to and see in the City. You won't run out of things to do.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?! Dang, never had that happen, but I have experience with long ass bus waits in general, so I believe it happens. I'm almost always out of the Stick surprisingly fast. Guess I just move my ass when the game is over haha.

Seems like whenever friends & I drive to games we get shitcanned with traffic. :noidea:

I was staying in Union Square and for some reason when I got out of the stadium and finally got in the right line for my bus it was the longest line by far. Union Square like doubled some of the other lines.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I went to the game against the Dolphins last year. I have a torn disc in my back and my girlfriend was 5 months pregnant. We were a sad sight walking those hills. Ended up staying at the hotel for most of the trip because of it.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recommend 100% that you go see Thor 2 on the IMAX screen at the Metreon. Sit in the middle of the last or second to last row. Get there early. I have heard it is the biggest IMAX screen in the country. I fucking love it.
Ferry building is cool too. Get some Blue Bottle Coffee and ice cream from the smaller Gott's there. Best pizza is in North Beach called Golden Boy's Pizza.
You can also take Caltrain to Bayshore and then walk a mile to the stadium.
If the weather is nice Baker Beach is cool if you stay south and away from the schnitzels.
Golden Gate Park is good as well. De Young Museum, tea garden, etc.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I recommend 100% that you go see Thor 2 on the IMAX screen at the Metreon. Sit in the middle of the last or second to last row. Get there early. I have heard it is the biggest IMAX screen in the country. I fucking love it.
Ferry building is cool too. Get some Blue Bottle Coffee and ice cream from the smaller Gott's there. Best pizza is in North Beach called Golden Boy's Pizza.
If the weather is nice Baker Beach is cool if you stay south and away from the schnitzels.

Thanks! I'm writing all the suggestions down from everyone and then running them by the wife to see what we'll have time for and what'll work. Appreciate the feed back.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

excited.gif

could you get me some too? My birthday is in March but I wouldn't mind an early bday present

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Metreon had some bad years when it was sold from Sony to the people that own the Westfield Centre across the street, but I agree the IMAX is gangster.

De Young Mueseum is the shit, Chinatown, maybe pick up some burritos in the Mission District (check Yelp), Twin Peaks/Diamond Heights have some beautiful views of SF/East Bay (I suggest the park on Beacon St & Diamond. Not really a park, but a vantage point)

But the best pizza has GOT to be Marcellos at 420 Castro St.