• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawks Top 50 Storylines, #'s 41-50

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like where right out of the gate at # 50 the writer goes right against Gmalis's posistion of muscle isnt needed on this team. Just has the wrong guy is all lol

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely see the Hawks carrying at least one enforcer-type like Bollig, who plays about 40 games in the regular season and watches from the press box in the playoffs. If Bollig goes down with a longer-term injury, seems to me either Beach or Peckham would be brought up to replace him.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they've had Scott, Mayers, Bollig, Carbomb, and had the system loaded up on goonish types. They've unloaded some of them now. Bollig will stick around until somebody that punches people and owns 2 working hands emerges on waivers.

Somebody has to take instigators. I don't mind if they dress one on and off until the deadline. Since there will be at least 2 rookies on the ice every game, Q will want one of them out there. It will be painful to watch.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I'm a huge fan of Bollig's ZERO points in 43 games.

Hawks will suit up Bollig once in a while. Don't look for any other goons to make the team.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why the Hawks don't name the Wolves as their AHL affiliate. Chicago fans watch Wolves games to see prospects for the Canucks and now Blues, gotta go to Rockford to see Blackhawk prospects. I guess that's fine if you live in Rockford but I'll bet there are way more Blackhawk fans in Chicago than in Rockford, call it a hunch.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why the Hawks don't name the Wolves as their AHL affiliate. Chicago fans watch Wolves games to see prospects for the Canucks and now Blues, gotta go to Rockford to see Blackhawk prospects. I guess that's fine if you live in Rockford but I'll bet there are way more Blackhawk fans in Chicago than in Rockford, call it a hunch.

When Chicago affiliated with Rockford in 2007, they signed a 10 year deal. It will be interesting to see what happens after a few years with the Blues affiliation and when the Rockford agreement expires in 4 years I think.

Those affiliations are very interesting. The Wolves would probably love to have the Hawks, but I'm not positive the Hawks want the Wolves. I'm confident they've looked into buying the Wolves. Hopefully we hear something about it in a few years.

As a fan, I think it would be excellent to see the Hawks affiliate in Chicago.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I'm a huge fan of Bollig's ZERO points in 43 games.

Hawks will suit up Bollig once in a while. Don't look for any other goons to make the team.

Winchester has better hands and he survived as a pro by being able to punch people. I'm not sure which one is better at hockey now.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Chicago affiliated with Rockford in 2007, they signed a 10 year deal. It will be interesting to see what happens after a few years with the Blues affiliation and when the Rockford agreement expires in 4 years I think.

Those affiliations are very interesting. The Wolves would probably love to have the Hawks, but I'm not positive the Hawks want the Wolves. I'm confident they've looked into buying the Wolves. Hopefully we hear something about it in a few years.

As a fan, I think it would be excellent to see the Hawks affiliate in Chicago.

Yeah, as a fan it makes most sense to have the NHL & AHL team in the same city. Not sayin' Rockford is a bad location, it's sort of close, but Chicago would be ideal IMO.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as a fan it makes most sense to have the NHL & AHL team in the same city. Not sayin' Rockford is a bad location, it's sort of close, but Chicago would be ideal IMO.

I think it would probably make sense TODAY, but when teams are struggling with attendance I'm sure they don't want to be competing against their cheaper AHL affiliate for ticket sales.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would probably make sense TODAY, but when teams are struggling with attendance I'm sure they don't want to be competing against their cheaper AHL affiliate for ticket sales.

Valid point, but won't the Wolves be there with cheaper tickets regardless of who they're affiliated with? Might as have them affiliated with the hometown team instead of the Vancouver Canucks or St. Louis Blues IMO.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valid point, but won't the Wolves be there with cheaper tickets regardless of who they're affiliated with? Might as have them affiliated with the hometown team instead of the Vancouver Canucks or St. Louis Blues IMO.

Yeah, that's certainly true.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Wolves did become the Hawks' AHL affiliate, the fans & the media would put a lot more pressure on the Hawks to call up top prospects like Adam Clendening regardless of contract issues. Could be sort of a problem for the Hawks management. People will be constantly reminded that top prospects aren't playing. I'll bet you the same thing would happen to the Pens except 10 fold if we had our AHL affiliate in Pittsburgh.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we'll see an affiliation agreement in Chicago with the Hawks and Wolves unless Rocky buys a big piece of the Wolves. In Chicago, hockey operations might have less influence than they have with Rockford and that could be troublesome.

That would be nice though especially in down years. It's been nice to see AHL games on tv without having to find a good stream, it would be great if it was the Hawks affiliate.

I'm very interested to see how things play out with the Blues.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we'll see an affiliation agreement in Chicago with the Hawks and Wolves unless Rocky buys a big piece of the Wolves. In Chicago, hockey operations might have less influence than they have with Rockford and that could be troublesome.

That would be nice though especially in down years. It's been nice to see AHL games on tv without having to find a good stream, it would be great if it was the Hawks affiliate.

I'm very interested to see how things play out with the Blues.

Yeah, at least the St. Louis Blues are closer than the Vancouver Canucks. Lots of Cubs & Cardinal fans in the region, maybe it will translate to the NHL as well? Could draw in a lot of Blues fans to the AHL team. Still tho, to have the Hawks-Wolves as affiliates is a win-win for both teams.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sayin',

As a Wolves fan, you're going to be more inclined to see the Blackhawks if your favorite player on the Wolves joins the Hawks roster.

Likewise,

As a Hawks fan, you're going to be more likely to go to Wolves games to see the future of the Blackhawks.

Also could use the games to promote each others teams.

I think there are too many reasons for the Blackhawks & Wolves to become affiliates, really surprised this hasn't happened.

Rockford isn't too far from Chicago, but why have your affiliate in Rockford when you could have it in your home town, the 2nd or 3rd biggest city in America?