• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'Hawks @ Rams, (not the official game thread)

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams is a fraud and a sham. His so-called shut-down defenses are a phantom dream of somebody long ago. I have seen nothing from him this year that elevates him above Walton except in one area-run defense is improving each week. Williams destroys that gain with some of the most boneheaded ideas like no safety help on the now-famous Jenkins debacle with former ex-Ram receiver B. Lloyd.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the articles that I have seen explain that the reason for lack of Sacks is that offenses have adjusted to get the ball out more quickly. Assuming that this is the case, would it not reason that the defense adjust to counter this. Running the same blitz that isn't working probably wont work. Maybe, just maybe, have a game plan that factors in the same plan that is taking us apart every fricking week. I refuse to believe that these guys have forgotten how to play.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the articles that I have seen explain that the reason for lack of Sacks is that offenses have adjusted to get the ball out more quickly. Assuming that this is the case, would it not reason that the defense adjust to counter this. Running the same blitz that isn't working probably wont work. Maybe, just maybe, have a game plan that factors in the same plan that is taking us apart every fricking week. I refuse to believe that these guys have forgotten how to play.

DBs playing 8-10 yards off the line probably won't help either.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Harvin was a real problem in the locker room, so they admitted their mistake and moved on.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams do have a chance to win! The Rams should have beaten Dallas and San Francisco! Obviously they didn't, because they screwed up, the Rams beat themselves in both those games.

We have the talent, we just need to execute, avoid the stupid penalties, overcome stupid coaching decisions, and not have to also overcome the referees!

That may be alot to ask since we keep doing the same idiotic things over and over, but if we play to our potential we can win this game. Dallas beat Seattle in Seattle, we should have beaten Dallas, so the potential to win is there, we just need to find the way to get it done!!!!!!

I'm still not getting the 1 sack thing though? I don't care if they are running some kind of new defense, we have good defensive players, they should accidentally get some sacks. Not all these teams we have played have 5 great offensive lineman, occasionally these offensive lineman should miss their assignment, or screw up here and there to allow our guys to get a sack, God knows our lineman do it all the time!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams do have a chance to win! The Rams should have beaten Dallas and San Francisco! Obviously they didn't, because they screwed up, the Rams beat themselves in both those games.

We have the talent, we just need to execute, avoid the stupid penalties, overcome stupid coaching decisions, and not have to also overcome the referees!

That may be alot to ask since we keep doing the same idiotic things over and over, but if we play to our potential we can win this game. Dallas beat Seattle in Seattle, we should have beaten Dallas, so the potential to win is there, we just need to find the way to get it done!!!!!!

I'm still not getting the 1 sack thing though? I don't care if they are running some kind of new defense, we have good defensive players, they should accidentally get some sacks. Not all these teams we have played have 5 great offensive lineman, occasionally these offensive lineman should miss their assignment, or screw up here and there to allow our guys to get a sack, God knows our lineman do it all the time!

Hmmmm, it's amazing what this team can do if they execute, avoid penalties, get some "decent" coaching for a change and actually not have the referees affect the outcome!

2 penalties is a HUGE difference maker, and actually the 15 yarder against Quick should have been off setting!

The defense is playing well except they continue to give up big plays, 50 yard run by Wilson, along with. 50yard pass. They continue to give up huge 3rd down and long first downs. Overall the defense palys well for 90% of the plays, but that other 10% is killing us! It seems like the DB 's are playing prevent from the beginning of all these games, then late in the game when they are actually playing prevent, it's even worse!

The stats in this game are very misleading. We had two huge returns that took away from some total yardage that we could of had, and allowed Seattle to have the ball more, plus Seattle got a lot of junk prevent yardage in the 4th quarter like we usually do! It's nice to have the other team getting the garbage stats late instead of us all the time.

Would have been nice if Zuerline would have made that FG, but I'm not going to say to much about thT, 50yarders are no give me's, even though we expect it from him. I think he just isn't getting very many opportunities this year like past years, but that's ok, we are scoring more TD's

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You called it Smed. The Rams did indeed play good enough to win it and they fought through and played a full game for a change.