• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Haubaugh Hinted will go w/ "HOT HAND" (C. Kaep)

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo
Kaepernick finished with a #QBR of 97.5, the highest in a starting debut for any QB over the last five seasons.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Harbaugh likely had some gamesmanship behind those comments because it's was a perfect opportunity to leave the Saints guessing when it comes to preparation. At the very least that comment has caused the Saint's problems in preparation for at least a day.

In regards to who should start the question you should ask yourself is "Do you believe Alex Smith can take this team and win the Super Bowl?"

If the answer to that is yes then you should be in favor of Smith starting.

If the answer is no then you should be all in with CK.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh likely had some gamesmanship behind those comments because it's was a perfect opportunity to leave the Saints guessing when it comes to preparation. At the very least that comment has caused the Saint's problems in preparation for at least a day.

In regards to who should start the question you should ask yourself is "Do you believe Alex Smith can take this team and win the Super Bowl?"

The answer to that question is no! But the other side of that question is, can this team win a Super Bowl with Alex Smith as our QB and the answer to that question is - yes!

So now what?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The answer to that question is no! But the other side of that question is, can this team win a Super Bowl with Alex Smith as our QB and the answer to that question is - yes!

So now what?

Then you would go with CK because you're basically saying we can win the Super Bowl with the QB going along for the ride. So in that case you might as well get CK the experience because he can hand the ball off to Gore and Hunter just as easily as Smith can and right now there isn't much indication he's going to be a turnover machine either.

Personally I don't seeing us winning the SB with Alex Smith as our QB. Just because we're not quite a dominant defensively as we were last season nor is our ST as strong. Every playoff run you'll need you're QB to win an ugly defensive struggle game and I don't think Smith is capable of doing that.

Don't get me wrong that wasn't really meant to bash Smith per se because I do see him a pretty decent starting QB. He's just not a next level QB but you could do far worse at the position.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So now what?

This is why Harbaugh gets paid the big bucks. Extremely difficult decision to make. Is Harbaugh going to be conservative and stick with Smith or does he gamble a bit and go with Kaepernick?

I hope he doesn't flip-flop between QBs like Singletary.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Harbaugh gets paid the big bucks. Extremely difficult decision to make. Is Harbaugh going to be conservative and stick with Smith or does he gamble a bit and go with Kaepernick?

I hope he doesn't flip-flop between QBs like Singletary.

This is why i think if smith is healthy then harbs sticks with Smith. Nothing to do with singletary but just saying if he chooses Kap and he goes and blows it the next game then hes right back at square one and we will have a QB carosel. Im fine with whatever option we go. Im not sure Harbs will make the switch from one game if smith is cleared and healthy.

But hey what do i know.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the poise that kap showed in his first start, i don't see him blowing it the next game. sure he might have some not so good games, but with his legs and arm he adds a new dimension to an offensive that already has a lot of dimensions.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I saw that press conference, and I was envouraged by it because it looked like he was thinking, "What are you? Nuts? Of course I'm gonna stick with Colin."

He'd never say that though.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you would go with CK because you're basically saying we can win the Super Bowl with the QB going along for the ride. So in that case you might as well get CK the experience because he can hand the ball off to Gore and Hunter just as easily as Smith can and right now there isn't much indication he's going to be a turnover machine either.

Personally I don't seeing us winning the SB with Alex Smith as our QB. Just because we're not quite a dominant defensively as we were last season nor is our ST as strong. Every playoff run you'll need you're QB to win an ugly defensive struggle game and I don't think Smith is capable of doing that.

Don't get me wrong that wasn't really meant to bash Smith per se because I do see him a pretty decent starting QB. He's just not a next level QB but you could do far worse at the position.

I think Smith's best chance for a ring was last year.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He still gets a ring as the backup, the team isn't that heartless.... I think Belichick is the only guy who cuts a guy the week before the Super Bowl.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still gets a ring as the backup, the team isn't that heartless.... I think Belichick is the only guy who cuts a guy the week before the Super Bowl.

Doh! Yes, yes he would!

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, ever heard of this Tim Rattay guy? Boy, he sure showed some promise when he stepped in as QB due to injury.

:ss:

But seriously, the most likely scenario is that Kaepernick would come back top earth eventually, potentially losing key games against defenses that have a chance to study his tendencies. Alex Smith *HAS* shown he can win a game under pressure while trailing late, and while he misses a few reads down field, he's enacting the gameplan.

When Alex gets injured, the narrative is portrayed as, "oh, well, we would have won if Alex had finished the game," but as soon as Kaepernick (or T.Smith) has 1 good game people want to switch starters like they're playing Madden...

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

u should correct this. his best chance at a ring is this year while watching kap throw a td pass to vernon.

although i think we win the super bowl with either.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now what?

This.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Smith is "healthy" on Sunday, it will be Smith. If not, they'll go with Kaep again.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Alex Smith *HAS* shown he can win a game under pressure while trailing late, and while he misses a few reads down field, he's enacting the gameplan.

Not often enough. Let me put it this way...you sometimes don't know how you feel about a situation until it happens. When we were down a FG to STL and on the last drive, I thought to myself, "Man, I'm glad it's Kaep in there." I felt like he gave us a better chance and I felt if Alex was in he'd crumble like he usually does.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I think we could win with Alex? yes, i believe so...

but Kap, ATM, looked he had the poise and focus that I thought Alex would hold a clear advantage over back there in the pocket. That's something I looked for first, his arm is better without a doubt, so to me if he can make the right reads, pick up the defense pre-snap and stay poised(if not, better) as Alex with the only difference being able to rip the football whether its 5, 10, 20, 40 yards and can continue to be accurate.... then I would like to see Kap.

Its a tough decision but I think Harbs would like Alex to recover fully from the concussion thus going with Prime

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I think we could win with Alex? yes, i believe so...

but Kap, ATM, looked he had the poise and focus that I thought Alex would hold a clear advantage over back there in the pocket. That's something I looked for first, his arm is better without a doubt, so to me if he can make the right reads, pick up the defense pre-snap and stay poised(if not, better) as Alex with the only difference being able to rip the football whether its 5, 10, 20, 40 yards and can continue to be accurate.... then I would like to see Kap.

Its a tough decision but I think Harbs would like Alex to recover fully from the concussion thus going with Prime

that's the easiest way out imo. say they're being cautious with smith and see if kap can perform well for a 2nd game. if your qb of the future shows he's ready, how can u not go with him?