• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Haubaugh Hinted will go w/ "HOT HAND" (C. Kaep)

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex - 25/27 304yds 4td 0int
Kaep - 27/40 360yds 2td 0int

Those are their numbers in basically their last game and a half. You tell me where the hot hand is in that. I'd say both QB's have been on fire. Alex completion % over those 6 quarters is stupid high, but Kaep showed off his ability to make some amazing throws last night.

I don't envy the 49ers coaching staff. They have to choose one or the other, but how do you tell the other guy he is getting benched? Sorry Alex we know you only have 2 incompletions over the last 6 quarters and was having a career year, but we're going with Kaep. Sorry Kaep we know you just had one of the best 1st starts among any QB in history on MNF, but we're going back with Alex. Essential one of them is going to screwed through no fault of their own at some point this week.

I imagine Alex and Kaep will split some of the first team reps with the lions share going to the one the coaches want to start Sunday. I suspect it will be Kaep with them giving Alex another week to get himself cleared of concussion symptoms. If Kaep struggles the choice is easy, you go back to Alex, but if he lights it up again.... Alex career as our starter might be done despite the career year.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its clear to me that Harbaugh wants to go with Kaepernick but if he is true to his word that he's going with the "hot hand" I guess he has to go with Smith. That is the right choice at this point in my opinion.

Any QB can have one good game; I'll need to see more of this from Kaepernick before I am a believer. His performance last night was stellar but can he do it consistently?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alex - 25/27 304yds 4td 0int
Kaep - 27/40 360yds 2td 0int

Those are their numbers in basically their last game and a half. You tell me where the hot hand is in that. I'd say both QB's have been on fire. Alex completion % over those 6 quarters is stupid high, but Kaep showed off his ability to make some amazing throws last night.

I don't envy the 49ers coaching staff. They have to choose one or the other, but how do you tell the other guy he is getting benched? Sorry Alex we know you only have 2 incompletions over the last 6 quarters and was having a career year, but we're going with Kaep. Sorry Kaep we know you just had one of the best 1st starts among any QB in history on MNF, but we're going back with Alex. Essential one of them is going to screwed through no fault of their own at some point this week.

I imagine Alex and Kaep will split some of the first team reps with the lions share going to the one the coaches want to start Sunday. I suspect it will be Kaep with them giving Alex another week to get himself cleared of concussion symptoms. If Kaep struggles the choice is easy, you go back to Alex, but if he lights it up again.... Alex career as our starter might be done despite the career year.

Your data is skewed. There's a lot to consider before simply taking numbers to try to come up with a final conclusion. For instance, who had more quality snaps during practice to prepare for their respective games. What defense (in terms of NFL ranking) did player A play against in comparison to player B? How did those yards come about? Was it a 2 yard slant that went for 80yards (YAC - which means the WR was more responsible for the yardage); or was it a matter of the quarter who threw a 65 yard bomb that the receiver caught in stride and trotted in the endzone for a 80TD?! You have to look at everything in a microscopic way to simply say..."well they are both the same...blah blah blah..."

As you can see from above, I have only responded to the part you are trying to make that they are both on fire. The other part about you taking Alex Smith's feelings into consideration doesn't warrant a reply from me. I really can't believe some of you are really concern about a grown man's feeling who has earned millions and had undoutedly expected / anticipated that this day would have soon come to reality. Harbaugh gets the big bucks to make that decision...you really think it will create a rift in the locker room if Harbs chooses Alex over Kaep or vice versa? You can't be phucking serious!!!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its clear to me that Harbaugh wants to go with Kaepernick but if he is true to his word that he's going with the "hot hand" I guess he has to go with Smith. That is the right choice at this point in my opinion.

Any QB can have one good game; I'll need to see more of this from Kaepernick before I am a believer. His performance last night was stellar but can he do it consistently?[/QUOTE]

So you are not willing to risk it to find out. You'd rather sit him on the bench because you are "unsure" if he can duplicate his performance last night going forward?

Why the hell did we use a high draft pick on a player if you (coaches/front office) are not willing to use that investment?! You traded up to acquire him too. So you mean to tell me that you traded up in the second round to allow him to play in 2014? We could have used that 2nd round pick on another player like Kyle Randolph (intead of Delanie Walker) Randolph would have been amazing in our offense. I'm sure our coaches know that...but they believed that CK was worth it and that he is the guy...well, let "the guy" play then...!

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say anything about their feelings? I simply said both of them have been playing like winners (on fire) these last few weeks, but unfortunately one of them basically has to lose despite neither deserving it.

Alex did his work against the Cards and Rams
Kaep did his work against the Bears and Rams

Cards and Bears are both 2 of the top defenses in the league. The Cards just picked off Matt Ryan 5 times and yet they couldn't do anything to stop Alex on MNF from nearly having a perfect game in their own stadium. The Bears have been a turnover creating machine and yet had no answer for Kaep. I will say though that both teams have a horrible offense which made things very easy on our offense.

I'm just saying both QB's have made a strong case for why they belong in the starting lineup come next Sunday, but I suspect Kaep gets at least 1 more start before the coaches make a final decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any QB can have one good game; I'll need to see more of this from Kaepernick before I am a believer. His performance last night was stellar but can he do it consistently?[/QUOTE]

So you are not willing to risk it to find out. You'd rather sit him on the bench because you are "unsure" if he can duplicate his performance last night going forward?
Why the hell did we use a high draft pick on a player if you (coaches/front office) are not willing to use that investment?! You traded up to acquire him too. So you mean to tell me that you traded up in the second round to allow him to play in 2014? We could have used that 2nd round pick on another player like Kyle Randolph (intead of Delanie Walker) Randolph would have been amazing in our offense. I'm sure our coaches know that...but they believed that CK was worth it and that he is the guy...well, let "the guy" play then...!

Therein lies the problem. How do you find out if he can do it consistently if you don't give him the opportunity. Your point is well taken and I am struggling with that part of the question. But do you want to make that change in the middle of what is still a tight race? A QB change is a huge deal.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's another thing that bothers me. How could Harbaugh and Baalke have been so spot on in the 2011 draft with guys like Kaepernick, Aldon Smith and Kendall Hunter and then fail so miserably with the 2012 draft when not a single pick has cracked the lineup for even a single game?

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't sure how I felt about this QB controversy, until I read this comment about keap in an article on ESPN. "His tatts make him look like a thug! You don't see Brady, Manning, Brees, and Ryan with that crap! Good luck post football career with that mess."

It's true he's a thug with all his tattoos and whipper snapper shenanigans.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm sure teams will adjust to kap and he'll have growing pains. teams have to respect his arm and running ability. after a performance like last night against an excellent defense, how can u keep this guy on the bench?

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its crazy because Smith has been very efficient, 70% completion of passes, 104.1 QB rating, but everyone knows that he holds us back. Kaep is definitely worth the risk.

Before last nights game I was completely against it. I thought Kaepernick was going to lose the game for us and the bears would take advantage of his mistakes. Completely wrong. He adds elements to our offense that Smith cant.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its crazy because Smith has been very efficient, 70% completion of passes, 104.1 QB rating, but everyone knows that he holds us back. Kaep is definitely worth the risk.

Before last nights game I was completely against it. I thought Kaepernick was going to lose the game for us and the bears would take advantage of his mistakes. Completely wrong. He adds elements to our offense that Smith cant.

Quite a conendrum, isn't it?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
what the Coaches can gage that we can't...........the pulse of the team.

we fans can analyze stats but what the other players think/feel, will influence the Coaches decision.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the Coaches can gage that we can't...........the pulse of the team.

we fans can analyze stats but what the other players think/feel, will influence the Coaches decision.

Actually most fans cannot analyze stats. ;)

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually most fans cannot analyze stats. ;)

the stats don't really show the poise and command of the offense kap had. its obvious he was prepared and focused. i couldn't remember one time he got antsy and ran with it like most athletic qb's do early in their career.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the stats don't really show the poise and command of the offense kap had. its obvious he was prepared and focused. i couldn't remember one time he got antsy and ran with it like most athletic qb's do early in their career.

Spot-on! He performed as if he had been starting all along! He either found or calmly created an answer to nearly every passing down. My jaw is still lying on floor over at BWWings!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith's stats are fraudulent and over-inflated. Most of his passes are extremely high-percentage passes on underneath routes. Behind this OL and with this running game, that's nothing to write home about.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF
Colin Kaepernick attempted 4 balls over 20 yards in the air yesterday. Alex Smith attempted 3 in last 3 games.

BUT ALEX COMPLETES 70%!!!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF
Colin Kaepernick attempted 4 balls over 20 yards in the air yesterday. Alex Smith attempted 3 in last 3 games.

BUT ALEX COMPLETES 70%!!!

:drum: