• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harvin.

AZhawks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone seen Harvin's tweet's today?

Percy Harvin ✔ @Percy_Harvin
12th man im back and ready....countdown begins
12:45 PM - 7 Oct 2013

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone accidentally posted an article in the Smack talk thread instead of the Seahawk talk, but yes, it seems he may be ready to start practicing next Monday and ready for game 7.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Percy Harvin 'closer' to return

Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll, speaking Monday morning on his weekly radio show on 710 ESPN Seattle, said wide receiver Percy Harvin is "getting closer" to returning from his hip surgery two months ago to repair a torn labrum in his hip.

"He will be back in town this week," Carroll said of the wide receiver. "He was in New York to make sure the doctor that did the surgery, and his rehab team, were ready to sign off on it.

"I know he started running last week. I don't know any more than that until we get him out here, but it's encouraging. We're getting closer. It's going to happen as soon as possible."

Harvin was Seattle's top offseason acquisition in a trade with the Minnesota Vikings. The Seahawks gave the Vikings their first-round pick in 2013, along with a seventh-round selection, and a third-round pick in 2014, to acquire Harvin.

Seattle signed Harvin to a six-year, $67 million contract, with $25 million guaranteed. Expectations were high for what Harvin could do for the Seahawks' offense, but he injured his hip in the summer and underwent surgery Aug. 1.

The typical recovery time for the labrum surgery is three to four months, but Harvin has tweeted hints for weeks that he would be back sooner than expected.

He did so again Monday.

Percy Harvin ✔ @Percy_Harvin
12th man im back and ready....countdown begins
12:45 PM - 7 Oct 2013

Harvin is on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list, but can return in Week 7. It's possible, although seemingly unlikely, Harvin could return after the game this weekend against the Tennessee Titans.

If Harvin passes his physical next week, he would have three weeks to practice and possibly return to the roster. He is eligible to start practicing Oct. 15.

The Seahawks made a surprising roster move last weekend that could indicate they expect Harvin to return sooner than expected. The Seahawks released receiver Stephen Williams on Saturday in order to active linebacker Bruce Irvin for the game at Indianapolis, leaving the team with only four active receivers.

ESPN.com senior writer John Clayton contributed to this report.

Percy Harvin of Seattle Seahawks getting closer to return, Pete Carroll says - ESPN

To be continued but with Seahawk Harvin Highligths.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really need some help on offense so the sooner the better. Luckily next week is a home game against a Titans team that is without Locker

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I was against trading and signing Harvin, but now I find myself looking forward to him being on the team. I think he can be a difference maker and I'm a little disappointed with our starting WRs. Especially Rice, who has not shown much at all. Health maybe?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I was against trading and signing Harvin, but now I find myself looking forward to him being on the team. I think he can be a difference maker and I'm a little disappointed with our starting WRs. Especially Rice, who has not shown much at all. Health maybe?

Something is up,it is just not the line imo,with Harvin coming on board it will open up soo much the plays they will be able to do are endless.

You can have I formations with Lynch and Harvin even,screen's with Miller,read options that can make D's line up with both Harvin and Lynch and then RW run for an easy first down.

Lastly it will give mismatches on D's in coverage against Baldwin and Tate.

It will be a site to see when all are healthy i believe.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams game plan against both Lynch and RW now,when Harvin comes on board they will have to plan for all three because Harvin can go quick from the line.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they leave Tate and Kearse doing kick/punt returns. Its tempting to use Harvin but I think he's too valuable to risk in the mayhem of a kick return.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they leave Tate and Kearse doing kick/punt returns. Its tempting to use Harvin but I think he's too valuable to risk in the mayhem of a kick return.

I agree I'd keep that option on the table come playoff time though.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah use Percy as a weapon on kick/punt returns only in crucial moments in important games

I do miss having Leon back there though. Tate has done an okay job returning punts but i don't know...is it just me or does it seem like hes bound to fumble or have a bad bounce hit off of him while trying take a risky bounce to return the punt

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited! I expect them to ease him into it when he gets back like they did with our other returning injured players, but just the fact that we're talking about having him back before Halloween instead of around Thanksgiving is amazing and very exciting. The output we've gotten from the receivers we've had out there has been very disappointing so far, but one way or another, Harvin's presence on the field should improve that. It's just a shame that we still won't be at full strength on offense even when he does get back. It's frankly amazing that we're averaging 27 points a game with this group of receivers.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate has done an okay job returning punts but i don't know...is it just me or does it seem like hes bound to fumble or have a bad bounce hit off of him while trying take a risky bounce to return the punt

It is not just you, I hold my breath any time Tate has the ball in his hands or is about to return a punt, you just never know what he is going to do (like return a punt from the endzone).

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I somewhat doubt he will return kickoffs, not that it matters to much because only about 20% of kicks are returnable.
Carroll and company have proven they take their injuries seriously and don't rush anybody. Avril could have played the opener but they held him out. Clemons also was held out in extra week and from what I heard Unger was probably good enough to go but was held out.
Even when Harvin is ready if he's ready I think they will hold him out another week or two to be sure.

Just keep in mind Week 7 is a Thursday game and he isn't eligible to practice until after week 6. I kinda doubt he plays on short week that isnt enough time to get ready. I see week 8 as more realistic if he is indeed well ahead of schedule

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah use Percy as a weapon on kick/punt returns only in crucial moments in important games

I do miss having Leon back there though. Tate has done an okay job returning punts but i don't know...is it just me or does it seem like hes bound to fumble or have a bad bounce hit off of him while trying take a risky bounce to return the punt

I may be in the minority but I love having Tate back there. Tate has an uncanny ability to make people miss and he's a tough runner. He may take a chance but I have the utmost confidence in him. I believe he's one of our most underrated players from a league perspective. He has that Hines Ward toughness and running style. I like him more than I thought I would. At ND, Clausen tossed jump balls to him and he couldn't run routes very well but he's improved.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is up,it is just not the line imo,with Harvin coming on board it will open up soo much the plays they will be able to do are endless.

You can have I formations with Lynch and Harvin even,screen's with Miller,read options that can make D's line up with both Harvin and Lynch and then RW run for an easy first down.

Lastly it will give mismatches on D's in coverage against Baldwin and Tate.

It will be a site to see when all are healthy i believe.

Harvin should add an explosiveness to our O, but the question remains with me is will we use him properly? I will believe it when I see it.

We have no offensive pass identity. We are a power rushing team, great, but what is our bread and butter passing attack? We don't have one and I'm not sure Bevell will figure it out. We don't run near enough screens or quick strikes. Not enough fakes to one side and hit a slant down the middle.

I don't get to see many Dawg games but was fortunate to catch the Dawg/Stanford contest and even though we outplayed Stanford on O and D but lost, I enjoyed the thrill.

Sark created a perfect game plan on Offense and you could see it. We'd pound Sankey and would mix in many bubble screens. Stanford had no answer for the bubble, none. We didn't just run it a couple of times and call it good. We threw it over and over since it was so successful and ran the play out of multiple looks.

The only bad call was the Price throw inside the 10 when we were down 31-21 that got tipped and picked. I was calling for another bubble screen. Guess what we called when we rallied back down to the 2 yd line? A simple bubble screen to Mickens for the easy TD cutting the lead to 31-28.

Sure it's college but Stanford has good D athletes. We spread 'em out and took advantage of the alignment. I was thoroughly impressed and you could see how the Dawgs attacked the Stanford D.

Not so much with our Hawks. Formations are there to take advantage of a D with our current OL situation and nothing is called to execute. I see no semblance of a passing game plan to take advantage of our power running game and WR's.

There are so many formations we can use with Harvin but will an experienced O-Co actually implement them? It's a bit concerning. Harvin will be a welcome addition.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adderall? Don't you mean some weed and cocaine? It's the NFL after all..

Speaking of migraines, isn't Spielman giving ya'll headaches with that QB carousel?

He's headed to becoming what Matt Millen was to WR's is going to be what Spielman is to QB's.

Apparently, former LB's don't make very astute GM's.... :nod: