• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Happy Draft Crazy Day!!

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This day is a national holiday for Draft Crazy. Today we return all those unused DC hugs.
If you have any particular fond memories of DC on previous draft days, please post here.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 3-Day Holiday

Then on Sunday, you just bask in the afterglow of the previous 3 days.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Draft Day!!!!

I worked a solid 14 hour day yesterday to catch up to be able to have these two days off. Wanted to put proof to my name "Draft Crazy"....

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This day is a national holiday for Draft Crazy. Today we return all those unused DC hugs.
If you have any particular fond memories of DC on previous draft days, please post here.
I remember draft day 1996 when DC couldn't find his blanky until round 2 - when Tory James was picked. He didn't think John Mobley would work out since his blanky wasn't handy at the time of the pick.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember draft day 1996 when DC couldn't find his blanky until round 2 - when Tory James was picked. He didn't think John Mobley would work out since his blanky wasn't handy at the time of the pick.

I was actually very excited about John Mobley. Saw him in the Blue/Gray game for the first time that year being from the tiny school of Kutztown and fell in love with him. Never thought he would move up as far as he did but I was happy with it. Watching Mobley for the first time on Christmas Day was a fond memory. He killed that game and now it makes me miss the traditional Blue/Gray game on Christmas morning.

I can tell you where I was when John Mobley was drafted. Back then I watched the draft at my grandparents house... They left for the weekend and I while I watched most of the draft downstairs as it was sorta my own little area and pad for the draft back then I came up to their living room, and watched that pick as I sat on their couch.

Watched Tory James while laying on the floor. Was pretty happy with that one too. I remember there was another DB I wanted more that year and we passed on him I would have to think a little harder on who I am thinking of but was overall pretty happy with it.

I was not happy taking a FB (Detron Smith) in round 3 of that year and while he turned out a good Special Teams guy he hardly played a down for us at FB.

Was doing flips when we drafted Darrius Johnson and Tony Veland, two DB's I really liked in college. That was back when only the first two rounds of the draft were on TV so I remember having to watch a stupid NASCAR race on ESPN waiting for the Bottom Line to come up on ESPN to show the latest draft picks. That is how I found out we drafted Johnson and Veland among others in that draft. I think the very next year is when the Draft went to all 7 rounds on TV.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the pics I got of SS napping during the draft with DC. He had almost finished the cairn of skittles on his forehead the old codger woke up and wasted that bag of wild berry goodness.

In future years DC got his revenge by licking each skittle before applying to his face, creating a colorful tribal mask that remained days after the candies were removed.

Good times.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the pics I got of SS napping during the draft with DC. He had almost finished the cairn of skittles on his forehead the old codger woke up and wasted that bag of wild berry goodness.

In future years DC got his revenge by licking each skittle before applying to his face, creating a colorful tribal mask that remained days after the candies were removed.

Good times.
IMG_9914.gif

• Haha
Reactions: LGM

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC is old enough to remember when Mel Kiper had hair.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC is old enough to remember when Mel Kiper had hair.

I am old enough to say I witnessed the Mel Kiper/ Bill Tobin fight after the Colts drafted Trev Alberts. I was a young man sorta scared at what was going on... If my mom was around I probably would have hid behind her with my blanky.

I guess I really am getting old because right before I hit post reply I noticed I had typed "Marv Alberts" and not Trev.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love you guys. Took sleeping pills to knock me out last night!!!