• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hamrlik

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Many of us said the players union would eventually crack. I like the comments by Hamrlik. Also, Neuvirth backed him up. I bet most players agree with these guys, but don't want to say anything yet.

I read Brouwer's comments. He is exactly what is wrong with the NHL. How is he making 3.6 million. Yes, owners agreed to pay him, and they are at fault, but he doesnt deserve that.
Plus, how does he talk about conference calls and how Hamrlik never been part of one? You are a hockey player. Fuck conference calls. Thats what I do for a living. You belong on the ice.

I think Hamrlik, who is a veteran of the game, part of every lockout and work stoppage, has more of a right to talk than Brouwer.

I hope more players start opening their mouths.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I saw that too. I agree hamerlik is def protecting his own interest and he should. 38 and in year 2 of a 3 uear deal where he is due 3.5 million. He's smart enough to know its a losing battle. Your going to say too well what about future generations. Well listening on hockey home ice ( great nhl info on sat radio). I caught the tail end of someone mentioning that until this whole situation is resolved past players wont be getting their checks in the mail. Im not talking players like ritcher or nieds or lidstrom. I'm talking players who are in their 60s who did their time and need this little money they get. I think its something like $1,500 for every year played. Now again i only caught the tail end of the talk but its funny bower talking about the future well what about the guys from the past like hamerlik will be in 2 years?

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that too. I agree hamerlik is def protecting his own interest and he should. 38 and in year 2 of a 3 uear deal where he is due 3.5 million. He's smart enough to know its a losing battle. Your going to say too well what about future generations. Well listening on hockey home ice ( great nhl info on sat radio). I caught the tail end of someone mentioning that until this whole situation is resolved past players wont be getting their checks in the mail. Im not talking players like ritcher or nieds or lidstrom. I'm talking players who are in their 60s who did their time and need this little money they get. I think its something like $1,500 for every year played. Now again i only caught the tail end of the talk but its funny bower talking about the future well what about the guys from the past like hamerlik will be in 2 years?

It's NEVER about protecting retirees or future workers in ANY union deal. It's always about the current union leadership